Can anyone extract the new IlikeHD app?

JaiMaai

I assume the "New" App is to make you buy their Minix Android Kitkat box. Nothing special about their 1GB RAM box so the "New" App should work on similar and better boxes and should be made available to all existing customers.

What does the new app do differently?

I've already asked them about getting the new app but no joy. I get the impression they don't want the support hassles on devices other than their own.

It has some extra functionality such as the on demand catch-up service which I'll still be able to get but only through the web interface as far as I know.

There is a blue "Beta" download box on top of the main menu page. I did open it but when I tried to migrate my existing account, it basically said I had to let the existing subscription (UK Premium) run out before migrating my account or I would loose the balance of the subscription...pretty strange.

I've already asked them about getting the new app but no joy. I get the impression they don't want the support hassles on devices other than their own.

It has some extra functionality such as the on demand catch-up service which I'll still be able to get but only through the web interface as far as I know.

want to flog their own boxes more like.

They should make the app available and let us try, if it doesn't work then fair enough. Thaiexpat TV were like this when I upgraded my box and said they cannot guarantee their app will work, well it did!

So, I guess it's not actually available yet anyway? Hopefully someone can let us all know when it is. I'm sure there are people other than myself who would be keen to try it. If it doesn't work on another model of box then fair enough; I won't expect any support but at least let me try.

So, I guess it's not actually available yet anyway? Hopefully someone can let us all know when it is. I'm sure there are people other than myself who would be keen to try it. If it doesn't work on another model of box then fair enough; I won't expect any support but at least let me try.

They say the new app for Android should be available in July.

Currently they are concentrating on their Stream Box Mini which they market.

The iLikeHD Ultra APK won't work on anything other than their own "streambox" STB, because it uses MAC address to login, not a standard username/password.

That said, iLikeHD Ultra is possibly the worst software I've ever used. The old app, while not great, is still a million times better.

The iLikeHD Ultra APK won't work on anything other than their own "streambox" STB, because it uses MAC address to login, not a standard username/password.

That said, iLikeHD Ultra is possibly the worst software I've ever used. The old app, while not great, is still a million times better.

Thanks for that info.

That approach is more than a little annoying. I have nothing against buying their box in principle but 1GB is woefully inadequate...

• 2 weeks later...

Downloaded the beta IHD5 Android app from Facebook link, promising start that should be encouraged but hopefully will become a bit slicker as it develops over time. Note: The link to the app is only available for 24 hours.

Thanks.

I am a Facebook user but it does not work. A search reveals nothing either.

Must be a really top secret page.

attachicon.gifscreenshot_276.jpg

Originally it was only available for 24 hours for users to test, so the link may well have expired.

Edit...sorry I thought you were referring to the Android App link...

I can't help you with the FB link. It's no problem for me to access it.

Try opening your FB page and entering iLikeHD 2.0 in the top search box.

• 1 month later...

Their Beta IHD5 app has been a bit hard going and now I see access to your account comes up with a 404 no webpage error so wonder if they are giving up on it. When I did find re-runs available they never seem to start in the right place and I didn't notice any pause, ffw etc. to control the re-run.

Archived