10 Million Chinese to visit Thailand throughout 2016: TAT

webfact

BANGKOK, 8 June 2016 (NNT) - Deputy Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) Governor Srisuda Wannapinyosak said the number of Chinese visitors would likely reach 10 millions throughout 2016.

The deputy TAT governor for Asian and South Pacific Marketing revealed that the volume of arrivals of tourists from China to Thailand has considerably risen during this year's first quarter and could probably go up to 10 millions by the end of this year, compared to about 7.9 million last year.

Of that total, about three million Chinese tourists were reported to come as tour groups. The rest would travel on their own and be considered quality tourists who might spend an average of 5,000 baht per person per day or some 50,000 baht per person per trip.

The TAT is confident that its marketing plans have been carried out effectively and has granted special awards for Thailand's popular tourist attractions and activities among Chinese tourists, including the ''2016 People’s Choice Awards Voted by Chinese Tourists.''

The agency will encourage prospective visitors from China to rate their favorite tourist attractions and activities in Thailand and get the chances to win trips to this country.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-06-08 footer_n.gif

"The rest would travel on their own and be considered quality tourists who might spend an average of 5,000 baht per person per day" That bought a smile to my face!

this is a wonderful story. for hotels and airports. and many millions of Chinese and other folks everywhere. and has been for about 2 or 3 decades. but unless we get a lot more serious...it's part of another story that is much less wonderful for anyone under the age of 10.

Edited by maewang99

This of course could disappear over night if any dispute arises with China in the Sth China Sea , which is now involving NATO , so things are hotting up slightly , the problem with Thailand it has boots in both camps , now which side are you really on Thailand............................................cheesy.gif .

I'm sure most of them will end up at the gym I use, so many of them spitting in the pool the management had to put up "no spitting" signs.

Disgusting. At my own condo some Chinese tourists were in the pool. Dad gets out and turns back around places a finger over his nostril and blows the contents out..BACK in the pool.. <deleted>!!

I'm sure most of them will end up at the gym I use, so many of them spitting in the pool the management had to put up "no spitting" signs.

And how does this useless agency back these figures? they don't just clutch a figure out of the air like beforeclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

just to try to hoodwink the tourist trade suppliers

Of that total, about three million Chinese tourists were reported to come as tour groups. The rest would travel on their own and be considered quality tourists who might spend an average of 5,000 baht per person per day or some 50,000 baht per person per trip.

First time I've heard this - that the majority of Chinese tourists are independent. I would seriously question this (in 3 decades, I've never once met a mainland Chinese traveler - it's not something they're known for). As for quality tourists spending 5,000 baht per person per day -- Jeez wept. Spare me. They aren't "quality" tourists -- that's a fact, not Chinese bashing (7 million of them this year, and they're all independent and quality?). And they don't ALL spend 5k a day - this is utter nonsense.

I have actually met a Chinese young man traveling alone, yep backpacker...lol. He had a good translator in his phone and needed a little help with his room booking. No it wasn't hostel or what ever they call those dumps. Seemed to be a nice young man and the Lao lady I was with didn't kill him, they are shall we say intensely disliked in Lao. I saw a couple of other Chinese backpacker types a week or so later. Ahem, I have very serious doubts as to their spending 5,000 baht a day, maybe a week, maybe.

Are we reading this as if there are 30 million Chinese tourists coming here in 2016 and they're 'quality tourists' who spend 5000b each/day..?

Are we supposed to believe this when every report tells us that their rooms & meals are pre-paid back in China..?

(& that you hardly ever see them buying anything ever!)

Are we reading these figures about the 30 mill Chinese to make ammends for the drastic slump in Westerners coming here now..?

(Who possibly spend way more money than the Chinese..in the form of public transport, drinks, streetfood, etc. helping many lower-income folk of this country everyday).

What's the problem...........most farangs could wander around Thailand on 155,000 baht a month (5,000 a day) if they didn't have girl friends with sick buffalo's to look after...................coffee1.gif

Are we reading this as if there are 30 million Chinese tourists coming here in 2016 and they're 'quality tourists' who spend 5000b each/day..?

Are we supposed to believe this when every report tells us that their rooms & meals are pre-paid back in China..?

(& that you hardly ever see them buying anything ever!)

Are we reading these figures about the 30 mill Chinese to make ammends for the drastic slump in Westerners coming here now..?

(Who possibly spend way more money than the Chinese..in the form of public transport, drinks, streetfood, etc. helping many lower-income folk of this country everyday).

How could a Thai hotel or restaurant stay in business if the cash for the rooms and food stayed in China? What are you on about? Or maybe the Chinese own all the hotels and restaurants in Thailand? You got it backwards. The Chinese are trying to get money out of China not bring it in.

I have actually met a Chinese young man traveling alone, yep backpacker...lol. He had a good translator in his phone and needed a little help with his room booking. No it wasn't hostel or what ever they call those dumps. Seemed to be a nice young man and the Lao lady I was with didn't kill him, they are shall we say intensely disliked in Lao. I saw a couple of other Chinese backpacker types a week or so later. Ahem, I have very serious doubts as to their spending 5,000 baht a day, maybe a week, maybe.

Yes, they are hated in Laos. Including the people in the government. Maybe especially the people in the government.