Multiple re-rentry in Chiang Mai, where?

CantSpell

I have Visa already but not yet done multiple re-rentry (Visa done in another province).

As I have no experience at all with Chiang Mai immigration and things seems to be strange around here, I would like to know the following:

- Which office should I go to: Promenada or Airport to apply for re-entry permit?

- Is there a specific time to go there?

I am still confused as why people go to queue at 04:00 or 06:00 am for some paperwork?

Do they process only a certain number of people per day or do they just like to be annoying?

You go to the Imm. office at Promenada mall. I applied for a re-entry permit about two weeks ago, arriving about 9 am. As of that time, they hadn't turned that service into one where you need to arrive before dawn or pay an agent to obtain the service. Of course that could change, as it seems CM Immigration is finding new and creative ways to force their customers into using agents.

Am not changing address, I work in 2 different provinces with 2 work permits...

Visa Non-B

Extension has been done last month without me been present so I could not do re-rentry: i was there when i applied for the extension and get the 1 month waiting for approval then my staff collected the final 1 y extension.

All i now need is to do multiple re-entry stamp..

Only at Promenada, i cannot be done at the airport?

Am not changing address, I work in 2 different provinces with 2 work permits...

Visa Non-B

Extension has been done last month without me been present so I could not do re-rentry: i was there when i applied for the extension and get the 1 month waiting for approval then my staff collected the final 1 y extension.

All i now need is to do multiple re-entry stamp..

Only at Promenada, i cannot be done at the airport?

You can only use the Immigration office on the airport road to get a re-entry stamp (single or multiple) if you get it at the same time you get your extension at that office

If you are getting your extension at Promenada or you are getting your re-entry stamp on a different date than you got your extension then you have to get it at Promenada

You also, I believe, have the option to get the re-entry stamp at the actual airport before(?) passing through immigration on the day of an international flight (you need the boarding pass for the flight)

Ok thanks so no for me for Airport IMM Office since I already have the 1 year extension done in another province last month...

Will try to go to Promenada on Friday and see how it goes.

Am afraid to wait until last day to make it at the airport before flight in case there is any last minute hiccup..

Where is that in the airport: the desk between the domestic and the international check-in areas?

Might pop in there tomorrow and ask them how it works..

You go to the Imm. office at Promenada mall. I applied for a re-entry permit about two weeks ago, arriving about 9 am. As of that time, they hadn't turned that service into one where you need to arrive before dawn or pay an agent to obtain the service. Of course that could change, as it seems CM Immigration is finding new and creative ways to force their customers into using agents.

I was in there a couple of weeks ago at about 11:00 in the morning. There was no line at all for it. I spoke with the lady getting one and she said she was taken in right away no line up.

What number did you get at 9:00 in the morning.

Ok thanks so no for me for Airport IMM Office since I already have the 1 year extension done in another province last month...

Will try to go to Promenada on Friday and see how it goes.

Am afraid to wait until last day to make it at the airport before flight in case there is any last minute hiccup..

Where is that in the airport: the desk between the domestic and the international check-in areas?

Might pop in there tomorrow and ask them how it works..

You need a same day boarding pass to access that desk at the airport. It's after you pass through security in the international side of the terminal but before passport control.

"Ask them how it works"? You fill out a form, hand them 3800 THB and your photos, and in less than 10 mins you have a multiple re-entry stamp in your passport.

I had two very good experiences at the Promenada at the end of January. I went with a friend who was doing his 90 days. We got there during the lunch break and he did got his paper work ready. At 1.30 they started giving out the numbers and he got 175. They had stopped at about 80 something before lunch. We got out at 3.40, in time to get the 4pm bus back. So 2 hours wasn't bad. Agents came and went quite often.

I went for my 30 days. Got there about 8. There were quite a few people but no queues as they hadn't placed the 4-5 signboards. They opened 10 mins late and I had No. 5. I was out just out after 9.

I was in there a couple of weeks ago at about 11:00 in the morning. There was no line at all for it. I spoke with the lady getting one and she said she was taken in right away no line up.

What number did you get at 9:00 in the morning.

I think I was number 7 or 8. What amazed me was that someone being served a little behind me had contracted with G4T to get a re-entry permit for them. Some people don't know how to fill out a form, I guess and would rather pay that little racket 300 baht to hold their hand.

I'm glad I got it in advance because when we got to the airport on Saturday evening there was quite the queue to get re-entry permits just after the international security screening. Oh, I don't think anyone missed their flight, but that Korean Air flight was full and Hubby gets nervous when we're not W-A-Y early at an airport for a flight or among the first boarding a plane to store our stuff. Good thing for that flight, since we had "choice" seats in the back row by the toilets. Nice we were able to board near the front of the queue.

You can also do it at the airport. Takes about 2 minutes with no waiting. It is before immigration on the 1st floor.

Cheers

R'tje

Sorry, but you get your re-entry permit at the airport on the 2nd floor after you go thru the security screening for international boarding. You need to have your boarding pass. You can't get a re-entry permit at one of the immigration desks on the first floor. I don't know what function they have, but it isn't to issue re-entry permits.

And no, it doesn't always take "2 minutes no waiting" to get a re-entry permit at the airport. As I said, that Korean Air flight a week or two ago was full to the gills and there was a queue of six or seven people waiting. And that same counter processes overstays, so if you get someone ahead of you on overstay leaving voluntarily -- well, you can sometimes kiss off 10 minutes.

I think it depends on whether you are American OR English, Australian, French and other Europeans as to whether you mean 1st or 2nd floor. I was on overstay at that counter, on the 1st floor, and it does take a good ten minutes.

Went "smooth as silk".

Parked at 09:00 am and was back in the car at 09:20 with multiple re-entry stamp done :)

Lot of students apparently checking the papers outside, was sorted in 2 mins as I had all papers ready..

Sent inside, re-entry desk was empty, sat nearby with my number-ticket in view (didn't know if i had to go and sit or wait so i played low profile hehe).

Had number 008 but others were probably already processed

Officer asked me to sit and I was sorted in 10 minutes...

Lot of people for Visa and 90 days but nobody for re-entry..

Archived