July 4th 2016

Mestizo

Has anyone heard if The Dukes is doing their annual 4th of July party this year? I was highly anticipating going last year, but sadly I was sent on a last minute biz trip and had to miss the party for the first time ever. Really looking forward to making up for it this year!

-Mestizo

• 2 weeks later...

^ Right, right.. but then there will be nothing to bitch about. It just wouldn't be the same. :(

I think someone should take it upon themselves to put some gazebo tents on a muddy field somewhere, and then make sure people need to wait just a little too long for their hamburger, while telling them that they're all out of Budweiser but they can have a Tiger Beer instead.

It's tradition.

^ Right, right.. but then there will be nothing to bitch about. It just wouldn't be the same. sad.png

I think someone should take it upon themselves to put some gazebo tents on a muddy field somewhere, and then make sure people need to wait just a little too long for their hamburger, while telling them that they're all out of Budweiser but they can have a Tiger Beer instead.

It's tradition.

Great job. You have brilliantly illustrated why a private business owner wouldn't want to host an event for the CM expat community.

Bitch, whine, moan. Good on ya!

^ Right, right.. but then there will be nothing to bitch about. It just wouldn't be the same. sad.png

It's tradition.

As long as the sold out Budweiser is overpriced I am sure will be a gigantic success!

It's tradition.

The bitching is a tradition. The July 4th celebration at River Market started a few years ago after the VFW stopped hosting the event, probably because of the bitching. If River Market has decided against doing it this year I assume it is because the hassle doesn't justify the profit, or the bitching, or both.

I'd rather have a Tiger than a Budweiser anyway. If they had genuine craft ales I'd be there with a big goofy grin on my face, spending like a drunken expat.