Samui set for Chinese boom with new flights

The Thai resort island of Koh Samui could be set for an influx of Chinese visitors in future, with the launch of a series of new flights.

Tibet Airlines recently announced plans to launch direct flights connecting Chengdu with Koh Samui, and Bangkok Airways is looking to add a series of new Chinese connections to the island.

continued .. http://www.traveldailymedia.com/237392/samui-set-for-chinese-boom-with-new-flights/

Chinese no longer need a visa for Thailand so catering for the masses and the tourist $$$

A weekend in a five star hotel will set you back HK888 and that's with return flights. mainland peddling similar deals. An absolute bargain.

Okay, most people will find this amusing and/or hard t believe - I have been in Waikiki, Hawaii for about ten days, unbeknownst to me when I booked, this hotel is a favorite Chinese Tourist hotel...........dozens and dozens arrive and leave day after day.............outside being loud, behaving 'Chinese'. they are for the most part OK. Fortunately the tour operators hire busses and take them to places early in th AM and don;t come back until evening, I have been reading the horror stories about them in Thailand, so expected the worst, not so here.

Would someone post a video of them at the Buffet?? That might lend credibility to all the claims, because I have seen nothing like that at the Luau at the Hilton Hawaiian Village........they were fairly peacfull. Must be the Aloha.

Okay, most people will find this amusing and/or hard t believe - I have been in Waikiki, Hawaii for about ten days, unbeknownst to me when I booked, this hotel is a favorite Chinese Tourist hotel...........dozens and dozens arrive and leave day after day.............outside being loud, behaving 'Chinese'. they are for the most part OK. Fortunately the tour operators hire busses and take them to places early in th AM and don;t come back until evening, I have been reading the horror stories about them in Thailand, so expected the worst, not so here.

Would someone post a video of them at the Buffet?? That might lend credibility to all the claims, because I have seen nothing like that at the Luau at the Hilton Hawaiian Village........they were fairly peacfull. Must be the Aloha.

I live in an area of Bangkok where we get hordes of Chinese tourists, and except for the inconvenience of all the tour buses clogging up the roads, I've yet to see any Chinese tourist behave poorly.

On the small street where we live, one Chinese family has moved next door and another has moved in down the street. Both are nice families and certainly aren't the rude, loud and inconsiderate people that the family from a certain European nation are, that moved in across the street.

Edited by gjoo888

Soon at a hotel near you....

I love Samui, and am heading there at the end of this month.

But I don't think it will appeal to the Chinese all that much as there isn't much to see there, it is more of a relax by the beach sort of place.

Go see the mummified monk, grandma and grandpa rock and a waterfall and that is about it. Chinese like getting up early and sightseeing all day, Samui doesn't have much in the way of that sort of stuff.

Soon at a hotel near you....

Probably north Koreans who not seen that much food in a while! (if ever) whistling.gif

But I don't think it will appeal to the Chinese all that much as there isn't much to see there, it is more of a relax by the beach sort of place.

Go see the mummified monk, grandma and grandpa rock and a waterfall and that is about it. Chinese like getting up early and sightseeing all day, Samui doesn't have much in the way of that sort of stuff.

Isn't much to see here????...blink.pngfacepalm.gif

You need to get out and around the island a little more... tons of stuff to see and do! ... Certainly more than the things you mentioned! wink.png tongue.png

Theres a lot less sights to see on Koh Samet and it seems to be rammed with chinese every day of the week

I was over there last month for 1 night and when i went out just before 5am to get a few pics of the sunrise, i guesstimate there was over 300 of them already on sai kaew beach, some in the water and some waiting for there parasail boat to arrive.

their average stay is 5 days. So 3 full days, first and last days are arrival, departure. On these 3 days 1 day safari/elephant, 1 day Angthong or Tao, 1 day around Samui or similar. Evenings at big seafood restaurants, Thai boxing, lady boy shows.

One group after another. Even now in the low season. Some hotels are full with Chinese groups. They are ok. Their ominpresent selfie and smartphone activities hurt no one.

Some of the higher end hotels are offering some pretty good "flight and stay packages", right now. Not just for Chinese, but globally. Aussies, Brits, Germans, French, Indians etc....I could go on....

Many offering tour packages too.... it all helps the local economy and keeps suppliers and operators a cash flow, to help through the slower season.

One thing we may see because of the Chinese not being renowned as tippers, service fees maybe added to bills at some places.

I was surprised at the number of nationalities at the Safari park the other day!

untitled-155.jpg