Immigration to open an office in Phayao.

ripstanley

We were in Immigration office in Chiang Rai in May and the officer told my wife that there was to be an immigration office opened in Phayao next year. We were in the office yesterday and were told that my next 90 day report can be done in Phayao. We were told it is to opened near the Amphur. I hope the staff will be as helpful and friendly as the ones in the Chiang Rai office.

• 4 months later...

The Phayao Immigration Office has been open for several weeks now. All services are available. Visa Extension, 90 Day Check In and Re-entry permit services in particular. If you do not have photo copies they will make for you but you should make a donation. 

The staff are very helpful and friendly. A senior officer from Chun is commuting daily to train the staff. 

It is located next door to the new Central Police Station, at the Roundabout, in the City Center. I suspect they will move to the Government Offices Center near the Phayao Hospital (not Phayao Ram) at a later date. According to my wife this office is temporary. 

Visited the office today with my wife.. My 90 day report is due soon so I wanted to find out if it will be easy as it was in Chiang Rai. The questioned was answered in the negative. I will have to complete the form plus the photocopies but that is no problem.It will be the first time in 3 years. The officer we spoke to was very helpful and friendly.  

If you are visiting the office the parking is very bad.It is actually the old police station so parking for the new police station is in the same area. 

I noticed that there were 4 staff in the office. While we were there  3 customers were  being served. 

• 2 months later...

18 minutes ago, irlguy1 said:

Do they issue residency letters there and what's needed to get one ?

thanks

I do not know. I have a yellow book so not required by me. I will be at the office on 6/02 for a 90 day report. If you have not found out by then I will ask them.

I do not know. I have a yellow book so not required by me. I will be at the office on 6/02 for a 90 day report. If you have not found out by then I will ask them.

Appreciate that.
How did u get yellow book?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, irlguy1 said:

Appreciate that.
How did u get yellow book?

I applied for the Yellow book at the Amphur office the same day I was married. It was issued the same day that I applied. The Amphur office is opposite the Phayao Hospital. Check with them to find what documents they now need. I received mine almost 5 years ago. The staff were very helpful

I was there a few weeks back to submit TM30, must admit very helpful staff.

I wish I could get a proper answer but I guess this is Thailand:(
Called them today and was told have to bring copies of passport, letter from dad in law confirming I stay with him, copy of visa stamp,
Then they say gonna take a few weeks as they then send application to embassy to check I am legit ?!
Then come back and "maybe" get it ???
<deleted> [emoji24][emoji24][emoji35][emoji35]

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2016 at 6:59 AM, cfhebertjr said:

The Phayao Immigration Office has been open for several weeks now. All services are available. Visa Extension, 90 Day Check In and Re-entry permit services in particular. If you do not have photo copies they will make for you but you should make a donation. 

The staff are very helpful and friendly. A senior officer from Chun is commuting daily to train the staff. 

It is located next door to the new Central Police Station, at the Roundabout, in the City Center. I suspect they will move to the Government Offices Center near the Phayao Hospital (not Phayao Ram) at a later date. According to my wife this office is temporary. 

You say Visa extension - does that include getting a 30 day extension to a 60 day tourist visa. I will be in Phayao when my 60 day tourist visa will expire. Ideas would be really appreciated.

On 7.3.2017 at 9:33 AM, Maverell said:

You say Visa extension - does that include getting a 30 day extension to a 60 day tourist visa. I will be in Phayao when my 60 day tourist visa will expire. Ideas would be really appreciated.

Good luck with that at Phayao immigration, I was recently refused a corresponding extension of visa-exempt on grounds that i already had extended an entry on (European) touristvisa sometime before, same thing a 10 minute sure affair in good old Chiang Rai office!
Well, actually you just might be lucky with your TV-extension,  but don't expect any more there ...!

Come to think of it, why not just forget that (...) lot at all & go further up to Mae Sai, cross over into Tachileik and come back on visa-exempt, works fine (again) up there as i can confirm but only possible now twice a calendar-year via land borders in general!

Will cost you just around 300.- on (public) transport and 10 USD (or 500.- THB if you haven't any bucks) as opposed to 1.900.- for extension in that immi-office (plus potential 'donation')!?

Right now they are playing holier-than-thou after just 6 weeks past their opening (October '16 or so) first claims emerged about them asking for extra (tea)money in various variations. I can definitely second that as of Jan. 2017 when i personally was asked for a 'donation' for the FURNITURE (yes, not kidding at all!) of their damned new office. 'Convenient' for local foreigners now? My ass!

Furthermore i met 2 blokes who traveled 75 respectively 85 klicks to extend their stay on retirement (on a Thursday, allegedly dedicated for this 'type' of extension together with Mondays, no notification to be seen anywhere btw.) but were told to come again next week because of the 'boss' being absent at the moment - sending one of them into overstay. Also corroboration of the tried furniture-scam of at least one of them!

The landlady was 'fined' 350 THB in December i believe for late reporting of a foreigners stay - of course local owners of accomodation have never even been informed at all about that ancient law respectively actual enforcement. Her fine should have been at least 1.800.- officially but was 'reduced' when she said she weren't liquid, the 350.- were pocketed of course, no receipt issued - what a surprise.
Idle to mention that their high-tech online reporting pretty much never works/-ed, so she has to abandon her main job to report one of her (short-time, Airbnb) guests to that disgusting lot at the very least once a week.

I guess had i currently offered some donation when that corrupt chick told me she could only extend my stay for 7 days (of course for the same 1.900.-) i might have gotten the full 30 days but that's not in my script, so i said well, then not, took back my paperwork and left. Luckily i was early so will be off to Laos for a SETV before going back for my ordinary summer'break' in the real world (aka. EU) for a very much welcome change.

But sure enough i had to inform my landlady that there wouldn't be anymore payments on my part as i already have credit for well over a half years rent - guess who's paying the (whole) electric bill or 3bb etc. when 'suddenly' due, well, better used to pay as of now - guess who kept that particular ship afloat, basically ... 
But sorry, not at all interested to take the piss all alone ... she on the other hand already complained to sort of Phayao's board of commerce - or at least said she did so.

I was over here 8 to 9 months a year on 7 consecutive NON-O's (visiting friends, issued in EU of course) up to 2015 which was my best time ever here as i just didn't have to see any single one of these crooks during all that time anywhere at all, lovely!
When they started to generally make trouble here i stopped bringing new money in & also started with selling the car and other stuff off for good, the big bike went last month and i'll just keep my old Wave until further notice, good enough for everyday anyway - and that exodus to be continued.
Just little more than a year to go for 50 years of age any money-waste like 'Elite' isn't in the script either, naturally.

So judge yourself who's losing out here in the end, what with Phayao being the super-hub of tourism ... NOT at all of course ... 

P.S.: see related thread here ...

Edited by jollyhangmon