Canon Mp-150 Printer - Ink Refill

klaus2005

Hi,

Let me tell you first of all that I was already many times able to get very valuable technical information out of this forum…

Maybe somebody has also this time a solution to my “problem”!

I bought a Canon MP 150 multifunctional printer. It is almost impossible to refill the ink-cartridges. If I do so the printer just simply “wont-print”! The “empty-ink-indicator-lights” continue to blink even after I refilled the cartridges and cleaned them. Is there a way to “bypass” the “recognition software” (chips) installed on one side of the ink-cartridges and to just “force” (sorry for the “unprofessional” term!) the printer to accept my “print-command”?

Thank you in advance for your help! :o

Ive not long bought a Canon Printer, and took one of the ink tanks to be re filled at an IT Mall.

Watched how the guy did it, when I got it home and tried to print, a notice came on screed (can’t remember the exact wording)

But it said some thing like..... The printer had detected a non standard ink change and it would not let me print anything.

I did a search and found that on my model when an ink tank runs out, and you get it re -filled, with a non Canon new ink

When the button that blinks on the printer front to tell you that a tank is low, if you hold this button down for 5 seconds,

A notice then came on screen saying (again can't remember the exact words) that you can now use the self filled tank at your own risk..?

So I pressed the flashing button for 5 seconds, and it’s been printing now with out any problems…. Hope this may help

Thank You “ThaiLife” for your reply! Unfortunately on the model I use (Canon Pixma MP150) there are only lights (one for the black ink and one for the color-ink), but there are no buttons on the control panel! This means the lights are flashing but there is no button I can press….

I tried almost everything….really nothing works! And the worst part is that buying the original canon refill ink cartridges (black/color) costs almost half of the amount the whole printer did….

Thank you anyway!

:o:D