Those found in brothel 'Bribery List' say they know nothing

I might have missed it but was there any mention of customers at the time of the raid?

Rather bad timing if they get charged with something especially if they happened to be married.

Unless they were caught "in the act" with an underage girl, what would they be charged with?

According to some on this forum: Philanthropy. Supporting jolly happy girls who are doing the job of their life...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As is it the season of betting, we should open a bet of which excuse it going to be used the most until the end of 2016....

- Wasn't me..

- I know nothing...

- It is not my fault I was drunk...

- It was like this when I found it...

- Sorry, i cannot, I am sick...

- It is ok, I don't have a driving license anyway...

- All cleared, I made amend, I am a monk now...

- I killed 20 but I am really sorry, so that should do it...

Combine ad nauseam for better results... clap2.gifclap2.gif

And I have a question, if a monk is proven guilty, can he be cleared by entering the monk-hood?? whistling.gif

I would say your definition is a distortion of the word. I've got no problem with more vigorous even handed law enforcement. My issue is with sustaining it when leadership changes. That is where Thailand falls down

Sent from my HTC One_M8 Eye using Tapatalk

re-forming

make changes in (something, typically a social, political, or economic institution or practice) in order to improve it.
I have to agree though, that when a Thaksinist government is installed, as you have said is inevitable, any leash on his attack dogs will immediately be released. And yes, it will be the downfall of Thailand.

Here we go again:

Thaksin! Thaksin! Thaksin! Thaksin! Thaksin! Thaksin!post-80674-0-24387900-1465554614_thumb.j

Once again, the police appear to be leaking critical information about an investigation in progress. And the media has no problem divulging it.

Police reform? In my lifetime?

Not even if you were -30 years old. Too bad the "PM" has spent all his energies on the all important lottery reform!

What is wrong with you? You moan and bitch about police reform, the RTA leads a raid on a well known brothel exposing corrupt police, and all you want to talk about is trivia (according to you). There is a lot more corruption being rooted out under the junta even if you prefer to deny it.

Sorry, completely wrong. Wake up and smell the flowers. This has nothing to do with reform, nor corruption. but everything to do with different snouts in the trough.

Indeed, the army hasn't got rid of corrupt people, it's just replaced them. Corruption is a basic feature of the Thai nature, no point trying to get rid of corrupt people, there'll be nobody left. That's why the little general was so desperate to keep his financial affairs quiet. And it's why the Thai judiciary and NGO's let him.

Here's a useful exercise: watch the TV. when you see any gathering of Thais, at whatever level, consider that 80% or 90% of them has taken money they weren't entitled to at some (probably recent) time. Now look at them again, watch the body and facial language, but from the perspective that you are 90% sure they're dishonest.

Now you've got one foot in the *real* Thailand... You can take the Thai out of the corruption and dishonesty, but you can't take the corruption and dishonesty out of the Thai.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

Also found was the ledger, filled with what appeared to be names of different police units and individuals, along with how much they were paid in bribes.

“Tourism Police, 10,000; 191 Emergency Police, 25,000; Special Branch Police, 30,000; Huai Khwang Detective Police, 24,000; Immigration, 76,000,” read a portion of the list.

In Wednesday’s raid, they found 121 sex workers, mostly from neighboring countries.

Maybe I missed something, and am willing to be corrected if so...

But amid all the hoopla about this raid on Nataree and the alleged police bribe-taking...

Pol Lt Gen Sanit said the Interior Ministry will decide whether to close the massage parlour. Its owner will be charged with running a prostitution business, acting as a procurer, opening the premises to the sex trade and being involved in human trafficking.

--Did any news report ever identify who the actual owner or owners are of this place? Haven't seen anything.

--Other than the young women being "rescued," was anyone actually arrested by the authorities during the raid for the goings-on there like the manager, madam, etc etc? Haven't seen anything.

--Have any charges of alleged human trafficking been filed against anyone, if any of the young women working there weren't doing so willingly? Haven't seen anything.

I wonder if the "owner" who eventually ends up surfacing, perhaps, will be like the parking attendant guy (owner) who was fingered in connection with the Santika nightclub fire.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Once again, the police appear to be leaking critical information about an investigation in progress. And the media has no problem divulging it.

Not even if you were -30 years old. Too bad the "PM" has spent all his energies on the all important lottery reform!

Well at least this government have spoken about it. The previous government's this century never even thought it was necessary; apart from making sure all the important positions were filled with their mates.

Trouble is reforming the police is only part of it. The justice system and civil services also need reform. And no ones gonna take that lot on by the look of it.

yea like they spoke about Walking Street Pattaya or Nana Plaza? you are INCREDIBLY naive

(and that's being generous)

Edited by LannaGuy

What is wrong with you? You moan and bitch about police reform, the RTA leads a raid on a well known brothel exposing corrupt police, and all you want to talk about is trivia (according to you). There is a lot more corruption being rooted out under the junta even if you prefer to deny it.

Sorry, completely wrong. Wake up and smell the flowers. This has nothing to do with reform, nor corruption. but everything to do with different snouts in the trough.

Indeed, the army hasn't got rid of corrupt people, it's just replaced them. Corruption is a basic feature of the Thai nature, no point trying to get rid of corrupt people, there'll be nobody left. That's why the little general was so desperate to keep his financial affairs quiet. And it's why the Thai judiciary and NGO's let him.

Here's a useful exercise: watch the TV. when you see any gathering of Thais, at whatever level, consider that 80% or 90% of them has taken money they weren't entitled to at some (probably recent) time. Now look at them again, watch the body and facial language, but from the perspective that you are 90% sure they're dishonest.

Now you've got one foot in the *real* Thailand... You can take the Thai out of the corruption and dishonesty, but you can't take the corruption and dishonesty out of the Thai.

Winnie

The same percentage of foreigners are quite happy with the system. How many here haven't partake in any form of corruption?

That includes passing the traffic cop 200baht to save going to the station, telling immigration to keep the 100 baht change, going to a go-go bar, etc.

I'd be surprised if ANYONE is squeaky clean. I certainly am not. Recently, I paid immigration 1000 baht to save me the trip to immigration every 90 days. Will worth it.

Rather hypocritical taking about corrupt Thais outdoor you are corrupt yourself.

People don't know the reason for the raid...the reason given by the RTP is they were told of the situation by a NGO! That's pretty flimsy as the RTP usually don't listen to people that want to upset the apple cart, especially when there is so much money involved! New investors maybe?? thumbsup.gifwhistling.gifwai.gif

The same percentage of foreigners are quite happy with the system. How many here haven't partake in any form of corruption?

That includes passing the traffic cop 200baht to save going to the station, telling immigration to keep the 100 baht change, going to a go-go bar, etc.

I'd be surprised if ANYONE is squeaky clean. I certainly am not. Recently, I paid immigration 1000 baht to save me the trip to immigration every 90 days. Will worth it.

Rather hypocritical taking about corrupt Thais outdoor you are corrupt yourself.

I agree, I don't think there will be a mad rush of people saying they are not corrupt.

I agree, I don't think there will be a mad rush of people saying they are not corrupt.

I am not corrupt!

Only joking! I have been to a soapy massage once. I also like a gamble at the local betting shop, which is heaving with the recent Euro matches. I also pay Immigration 5000 baht a year so I don't need to travel to Bangkok to get a letter from my embassy.

There is also racing here every Sunday that I enjoy. Sometimes I like to ride my m/c with no helmet. Hold on, I am totally corrupt.

That 200 bht has saved me a of of headaches in Bangkok as trying to find the police stations is a nightmare and took me 3 hours once.

Personally, I think people like coming to Thailand BECAUSE it is corrupt, unlike their own countries(US excluded!)

Some of them said they weren’t even aware that their names were in the booklet.

Ok.

When does Nataree open again?

They were aware they were taking the bribes, they just weren't aware that the manager was documenting their bribes.