Drugs gangs using children as mules, says top northern policeman

webfact

Drugs gangs using children as mules, says top northern policeman

s1.jpg
Image: Daily News

CHIANG RAI: -- Ya Ba and crystal meth amphetamine gangs are now increasingly using young people to distribute their drugs, said the deputy commander of the Chiang Rai provincial police.

Parents should be on the lookout to watch young people's movements for if they are caught they will "have no future" said Jaran Rerngtham.

The comments came in the wake of the arrest of two boys aged 12 and 15 on a public bus bound from Mae Sai to Bangkok Thursday reported Daily News. The young mules were caught with 200,000 Ya Ba tablets and 700 grams of ice that checkpoint police between Chiang Rai and Phayao found in bags the youngsters had picked up at the bus station in Chiang Rai.

They had received the drugs from two men they knew only as "Boy" and "Art" and were due to be paid 150,000 after delivering the drugs to Mor Chit bus terminal in Bangkok.

Deputy chief Jaran said: "Most of the mules are now young people. The gangs are changing their methods to try and fool the authorities.

"Parents should be watching their children's behavior closely. If their children are caught they will have no future," he warned.

Police are trying to trace Boy and Art as the enquiry widens.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-10

No future? Do they give the death penalty to 12 years olds? Amazing Thailand.

In many countries minors are being used for trafficking drugs. It takes intensive detective work to get to the people behind them. And to the ones behind those. Unfotunately the BiB are not very good at detective work. Or at anything else when I come to think of it.

No future? Do they give the death penalty to 12 years olds? Amazing Thailand.

In many countries minors are being used for trafficking drugs. It takes intensive detective work to get to the people behind them. And to the ones behind those. Unfotunately the BiB are not very good at detective work. Or at anything else when I come to think of it.

Not the death penalty, but 25 years in prison is a life sentence for a pre-teenager - they all be sacrificed by the actual dealers - send fifteen in with drugs, drop a dime on two or three to make the BiB happy, cost of doing business.

....if they know so much about these operators/distributors....why does this go on and on and on......???

They need the money, those uniforms and medals aren't free.

It never ceases to amaze me how they can come out with these statements with a straight face.

Edited by Thaddeus

Two Chiang Rai youths arrested for attempt to smuggle 40-million baht meths into Bangkok

259_Youth-wpcf_728x409.jpg

CHIANG RAI: -- Two youths from Chiang Rai province were arrested for drug charge as they attempted to smuggle methamphetamines into Bangkok on a bus yesterday.

The two youths whose names were withheld as they are underaged were detained when Phan district police in Chiang Rai searched passengers’ bags on an inter provincial bus from Mae Sai to Bangkok and both acted suspiciously.

The bus stopped at a road checkpoint in Phan district for checks.

Found in the boys’ two travel baggage were 200,000 meths, and a number of crystal meths.

The drugs could fetch up to 40 million baht if they arrived in Bangkok.

The two boys, one aged 12 and another 15, they came from Mae Chan district to look for two men known only as ‘Boy and Art’ at a bus terminal in Sansai district, from where they said they were paid 150,000 baht to deliver the two baggage to another person at Morchit bus terminal in Bangkok.

Both said they had received advance payment of 4,000 baht, while the remaining would be paid after the delivery.

Police said they first impose charge of having Type 1 narcotics in occupation and will extend further investigation to look into the trafficking network.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/166816-2/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-06-10

...12 and 15 years old....

...and why are they giving drugs nicknames now...to make them sound cute ...???

...this must be happening way more times than we can imagine....

...where do all those drugs go....and the money.....

...this is like Colombia here....

Those cops won't get a pat on the back from me this time nor will they get praised for a 'job well done'..........

As I read the article:

The two boys, one aged 12 and another 15, they came from Mae Chan district to look for two men known only as ‘Boy and Art’ at a bus terminal in Sansai district, from where they said they were paid 150,000 baht to deliver the two baggage to another person at Morchit bus terminal in Bangkok.

Why, oh why, didn't they accompany the boys to the bus station (maybe put GPS tracking in the bags and on the boys) and when these boys met 'Boy and Art' then nab a couple more who just may have some idea who the Bigger Bosses are. Probably Bangkok Police or Army, is my guess..............

No future? Do they give the death penalty to 12 years olds? Amazing Thailand.---EricBerg

I don't think there has been an execution in Thailand for about 15 years now Eric---- they leave it to the more backward countries like Pakistan--Afghanistan--Iran--Iraq---Saudi Arabia ---China-----oh & of course America......................coffee1.gif

NUMBER OF EXECUTION SINCE 1935 -----http://www.thaiprisonlife.com/execution-in-thailand/

Edited by oxo1947

No future? Do they give the death penalty to 12 years olds? Amazing Thailand.---EricBerg

I don't think there has been an execution in Thailand for about 15 years now Eric---- they leave it to the more backward countries like Pakistan--Afghanistan--Iran--Iraq---Saudi Arabia ---China-----oh & of course America......................coffee1.gif

NUMBER OF EXECUTION SINCE 1935 -----http://www.thaiprisonlife.com/execution-in-thailand/

aaawwww, don't destroy Eric's illusions here.

They catch these guys on a public bus. Instead of making a deal with the kids to go ahead and deliver the goods (assuming there was no drug dealer watching the boys from afar), they arrest them and get nothing. Could have followed them and set up an arrest of whomever they delivered the drugs too. Seems like the RTP are just not very sophisticated or just plain don't want to catch the higher ups. Kind of pathetic police work. I assume it is legal in Thailand just to stop people and search their backpack, luggage, etc. on a public bus without any kind of warrant. Would be curious is the RTP used a sniffer dog to detect the drugs. Never enough information in these news reports to know if the RTP is doing good work or just stumbling on things.

The majority of drug busts seem to be from info supplied by tips to the bib. Sniffer dogs do not seem a part of the search teams. This may be due to what the bib have or will have on their person during the course of the operation.

Same with so many mules who escape capture and never a mention of a K-9 police group involved in the chase.

OP photo looks remarkably like the start of an auction.....

But then I am sure that they have absolutely foolproof methods of disposing of the evidence once the case is concluded.

aaawwww, don't destroy Eric's illusions here.

So please help me understand...can you list the names of 12 year olds executed in America? By your response...there must be dozens...

...12 and 15 years old....

...and why are they giving drugs nicknames now...to make them sound cute ...???

...this must be happening way more times than we can imagine....

...where do all those drugs go....and the money.....

...this is like Colombia here....

In Colombia, back before they cleaned a lot of this up, they would kidnap a family member or your child and force you to carry the drugs, or they kill the person.

Not sure if they are still there, but there used to be signs all over every airport alerting the drug mules of their crime and that they can turn themselves in and ask for help if they need it. A last chance for the (mostly female) mules before it was too late.

They also had them swallow the drugs. This is still done in Mexico.

Thailand is behind the times with drug mules (surprise). China and some African nations are building suitcases and make-up containers out of drugs, or lining the insides with them. Even items that are built the drug that they can repurose. It's impressive.

Makes you think twice about putting your bags under a Thai bus. With the bus boys in on it, they could place the drugs in foreigner's bags (or anyone's) as they pass a police check point, then remove them upon arrival. The stranger takes the fall and had no idea how it happened. I'm sure this already happens, we just haven't heard about it yet.

Those cops won't get a pat on the back from me this time nor will they get praised for a 'job well done'..........

As I read the article:

The two boys, one aged 12 and another 15, they came from Mae Chan district to look for two men known only as Boy and Art at a bus terminal in Sansai district, from where they said they were paid 150,000 baht to deliver the two baggage to another person at Morchit bus terminal in Bangkok.

Why, oh why, didn't they accompany the boys to the bus station (maybe put GPS tracking in the bags and on the boys) and when these boys met 'Boy and Art' then nab a couple more who just may have some idea who the Bigger Bosses are. Probably Bangkok Police or Army, is my guess..............

You nailed it. Because they can't track it too deep or badges and brass will be caught in the mix. Instead, react on a tip, bust them in motion, you're a hero, look at how good we're doing, rinse and repeat.

It would be so easy to follow the trail, but it never, ever happens, and for good reason.

Know any Tai Yai people? Most of them know where yaabaa factories are in the mountains. If they know, the police know, yet, as usual, the factories operate year after year with only a few mules being thrown under the bus when needed.