O-A visa fee at Penang- 90 days?

Any idea as to the current fee for O-A retirement visa in Penang? And is the multi entry available?

Is single entry for a full 90 days ?

If I get a 1 year , multi-entry I understand that gives me 90 day entries, is there any follow up to be done at immigration inside Thailand ?

Do they take Thai baht or is it MY ringett only?

I see this link to a PDF but it seems dated.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/penang/contents/files/services-20140508-110623-169095.pdf

Thank you for any replies.

As Upnotover correctly points out you need to meet requirements. OA visa is multi entry for first 12 months then if exit Thailand just prior to enter before day you will obtain a further 12 month permission of stay. For that period you will need to obtain reentry permit if leaving los to be able to maintain your permission of stay.

You only need report if staying 90 days or longer.

Personally I have never done a report as I exit every couple of weeks

You will not get a OA visa in Penang unless you are Malaysian or a resident.

You can apply for a single entry non-o visa for being 50 or over. You will need to show 800k baht in the bank or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the two totaling 800k baht. The fee is 300 MYR.

You might be able to get a multiple entry non-o visa (750 MYR) by showing the same financial proof. But if you have the financial proof it would be best to get a single entry visa and apply for an extension of stay at immigration here.

You will not get a OA visa in Penang unless you are Malaysian or a resident.

You can apply for a single entry non-o visa for being 50 or over. You will need to show 800k baht in the bank or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the two totaling 800k baht. The fee is 300 MYR.

You might be able to get a multiple entry non-o visa (750 MYR) by showing the same financial proof. But if you have the financial proof it would be best to get a single entry visa and apply for an extension of stay at immigration here.

Thank you for this reply.

O Visa then. Sorry I got a bit mixed up meaning whatever visa I would later have the option of extending the permission to stay under on grounds of retirement. Currently, the PDF at link does not mentions "O" as having anything to do with retirement but instead is used to accompany a family member.

300 MY ringett gives me one entry good for 90 days?

I am also considering a Transit visa but only if that can be extended for additional 30 days.

Wish Penang would update the fees that PDF- or put info in English on the main page- at least the fees should be current.

Currently the PDF at link does not mentions "O" as having anything to do with retirement but instead is used to accompany a family member.

Edited by Moonsterk

A single entry non-o visa will allow you a 90 day entry.

Visa fees are shown here in this announcement: http://www.thaiembassy.org/penang/contents/files/news-20150731-103408-798023.pdf

I doubt you will be able to get a transit visa. The only extension you can get for the 30 day entry is 7 days to leave the country.

You would stand a better chance of getting a single entry tourist visa that would allow a 60 day entry.

A single entry non-o visa will allow you a 90 day entry.

Visa fees are shown here in this announcement: http://www.thaiembassy.org/penang/contents/files/news-20150731-103408-798023.pdf

I doubt you will be able to get a transit visa. The only extension you can get for the 30 day entry is 7 days to leave the country.

You would stand a better chance of getting a single entry tourist visa that would allow a 60 day entry.

This would be my third tourist visa from Penang so doubtful it would be issued.

I note that "updated" PDF has 90 day entry on the tourist visa, which is incorrect. So are you sure about the O entry of 90 days? Is it 60 like the tourist and then can apply for 30 day extension at immigration?

For reasons I won't go into I need to be in Penang. I'm confident I can get the O, I have the supporting docs and spoke to them about it in March.

I was weighing IF I could not get the O, would a transit be worth it instead of a last minute flight to say.. Laos for a Tourist visa

All I need is 90 more days.. and avoiding trips to immigration within Thailand is always a consideration.

Thanks again for your help.

Edited by Moonsterk

Penang will normally issue up to 3 tourist visa according to reports I have seen. Check with one of the agents there.

Every entry I have gotten from a non immigrant visa has been for 90 days so yes I am sure.

Not sure what you are looking at that says a tourist visa allows a 90 day entry. Perhaps you are confusing the 3 months it is valid for entry with the allowed entry.