Thaivisa is abusing online advertisement

yimlitnoy

When my interweb connection is working okay, the ads are just a nuisance.

On the days I have a slow connection, they make the site impossible to use. Not annoying, not agonizingly slow, impossible- as in timed out every time.

On those days, I can download every other site on my bookmarks toolbar with no problem- albeit some are a little slow, no matter how clogged with adverts. But ThaiVisa simply stops working and times out again and again.

Advertisements may be a necessity, but why can the other sites manage theirs and maintain usability, and TVF can't? For the TVF apologists with a constantly good interweb connection who never have a problem, I envy you. I give up about 25% of the time. So do a lot of other guys, and if clicks = cash, they're missing out on a lot of $$$.

For a one off price you buy the app without ads

Thaivisa pro for $1.99 no adds works great. I guess most are to cheap and would rather complain

There are reports from other members that the Pro app is no longer available on certain ITunes stores.

I like the sex ads. They are amusing. Currently, I am enjoying Diana who is promoting my finding a girlfriend in Colombia. Diana is 28 and advertises; "I am an active, young,attractive and very passionate. I like the joy". Ok, I realize the promo makes absolutely no sense, but the photo-shopped bosom is delightful. I see that I can "Meet China girls via Mobi". Wow, 15,000 Asia Girls Online via mobile and I can "date from the comfort of your phone" whatever that means. I just love these programs that toss up the sex ads. It is why I do not log on from anything work related as looking at sex services or dating ads is a violation of my employment contract and gets me terminated.

I like the sex ads. They are amusing. Currently, I am enjoying Diana who is promoting my finding a girlfriend in Colombia.

Hmmm.

After I searched Alibaba for "kayaks", TVF inundated me for weeks with ads about kayaks.

After I searched Amazon for "Arduino", TVF inundated me with ads about Arduino.

Now, I'm being inundated with ads about window frosting film, after I searched Lazada for "window frosting film"

And you're getting sex ads...

For a one off price you buy the app without ads

I'd gladly pay it for an app that works on my Win10 laptop. I rarely use my Android phone for surfing.

Yes a way around ads for the desktop user would be nice, I would pay something for that.

There are No ads on my Thaivisa page isn't that strange? a bit like disappearing posts!

What's your secret? Come on, spill...

If he tells you, he will have to kill you.

No, but the Mods may have to end him... Or at least his post.

And the reality is I have nothing against the ads, especially if they pay the bills for the forum. Some of them have been pretty helpful. But they seem to be poorly managed to the point where they occasionally make the site unusable. I have 15 websites on my bookmarks bar, and none of them lock up like TVF when my interweb connection is a little slow.

This isn't a rant complaining about too many ads. It's a plea for help from the website gurus to fix a problem that's costing them money.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived