Strange stuff you've seen but can't prove

Fabricus

I think the OP is just building an oddity into something more important - we're all guilty of that at times.

But the thread title is more interesting - strange stuff that has happened, but there's no way to prove it.

I'll kick it off with an incident when I was clearing out my rented house (after the tenants had left). There were some decorated, wooden strips that I'd leant against the patio windows - and I remember it clearly because the nails had caught onto the net curtains on the patio door. The net curtains needed replacing, so this wasn't a problem.

I spent the night at the house, and the next morning they were lying in the garden!

Edit - I also had a work suit go missing. I emptied the wardrobe, but not to be found. A few weeks later I opened the wardrobe to get dressed, and it was at the first hanging item.

V weird.

Edited by dick dasterdly

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the OP's own admission he doesn't know the time or date, doesn't know anything about planes, thinks planes can float, crossed a city in seconds but with no engine noise, but he knows for a fact it was MH 370.

Says it all doesn't it?

So the OP is the only person living in Pattani to see the missing MH 370 aeroplane as it flew low over the City.

Pretty impressive in a province of some 700,000 people.

His username is Fabricus after all,maybe that should be Fabricationus.

Edited by stoneyboy

By the OP's own admission he doesn't know the time or date, doesn't know anything about planes, thinks planes can float, crossed a city in seconds but with no engine noise, but he knows for a fact it was MH 370.

Says it all doesn't it?

That's a pretty accurate summary.

I saw a HUGE commercial airplane "float" over the center of Pattani between 1am and 2am on a date I can't remember.

A few days later -- after reading numerous news stories -- I realized I'd seen the MH370.

I know jack shit about the aviation industry, international flight paths, or engineering in general.

From time to time I see planes flying high over Pattani. I usually figure they're en route from BKK to KL or Singapore. We often see low-flying helicopters (they sometimes circle the city for hours on end) and on one or two occasions I've seen that airship thingy (which I understand is called a "blimp"). But giant commercial airplanes do not come in off the sea and fly across the city in the very early hours of the morning.

As made clear in my opening post -- I can NOT prove any of this. I know what I saw and am not seeking validation from pipsqueaks on silly forums. You guys need to remember this point. I know what I saw. It's something I'll never forget.

Back to the thread: Strange stuff you've seen but can't prove

Take my advice: move on; creep round someone else. Good bye.

Take my advice: open up Google Play or App Store; search for Flightradar24; download the app (you'll need to pay for it otherwise it's next to useless, circa £3). Then in future you can tell exactly what is flying over your house at all times of the day and night. Good bye.

It would have been flying very low in order to benefit from "Ground Effect".

As such it would have been throttled back, which explains why it was so quiet.

Thanks. I've just been reading about "ground effect" and the associated low noise levels.

Here's something else that may be of interest.

Go to any airport and you'll notice all the planes are white. The giant plane that flew over Pattani was a kind of grey.

This puzzled me. And then I remembered that an object's color is determined by the light reflecting from it. The plane was grey because there was insufficient light at that time of the morning (1am - 2am) for it to be anything else.

Sorry, but I cannot give your sighting any credibility, there is nothing strange about this whatsoever. Where I live in Chiang Mai I often see planes flying over at night, at most times below cloud levels and can only see them as dark grey silhouettes with a red or green light flashing beneath the plane, low engine noise at a slow cruising speed, that`s because they are either just taken off or coming in to land at Chiang Mai airport.

Pattani is also on a flight path for many airlines and it has it`s own airport so your plane could have also either just taken off or coming in to land at the airport. To identify this plane as being a Boeing 727 in the dead of night it would have literally had to have been just a few hundred feet at altitude and then the engine noise would have been substantial.

There is no way you could had distinguished this plane from all the rest as being missing flight MH370. Are you from Texas by any chance? You know, tall stories and all that.

Thank you for posting this. You've just made me laugh!

1. Contrary to your claim, a plane that has just taken off will not be flying at a "slow cruising speed". It will be accelerating and climbing rapidly. Everyone knows this.

2. The MH370 was a 777, not a 727. Did you really not know this?

3. Pattani's airport doesn't cater to commercial flights. It is not on any airline's flight path, and hasn't been for several years. It's a military airport. Drive past it and see. It's opposite the giant Inkayuth Army Base, and several km from the city center.

4. Anyone can distinguish between a military plane and an enormous 777. It's really not hard.

5. The plane I saw was indeed flying extremely low. This is consistent with what military sources later confirmed.

===

Whether you guys like it or not, the MH370 flew low across the peninsular, following a course close to the Thailand-Malaysia border.

Hundreds, possibly even thousands, of people must have seen it, and yet no one reported it.

Did you report it at the time? Have you written about this event on TV before? If not, why wait for over 2 years and then now, report it?

Because he only made it up 23 hours ago.

Some people really should find a more suitable hobby.

Take my advice: open up Google Play or App Store; search for Flightradar24; download the app (you'll need to pay for it otherwise it's next to useless, circa £3). Then in future you can tell exactly what is flying over your house at all times of the day and night. Good bye.

I see your heart is in the right place and your intentions are sound. But you've got things wrong.

What really shocked people about the MH370 is, well, how the hell can you lose a plane? How? This is the 21st century, so how can you lose a plane?

The truth is that it's actually very simple. The MH370's path across the peninsular has never been accurately plotted because military radar systems were either ineffective or disengaged.

Let me stress this point: no one knows the precise course the MH370 took from one side of the peninsular to the other because it wasn't constantly tracked. Captain Shah knew exactly what he was doing. He dodged the radar.

It's sweet to think that your little Google App will provide me with answers that no one else is aware of, but I'm afraid life is seldom quite so simple. You need to understand the limitations of commercial and military radar.

===

My GF (a government officer) later discussed these issues with officials at the Inkayuth Army Base. They checked records and confirmed what I already knew. There was no military traffic over central Pattani on the night (morning) the MH370 traversed the peninsular.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

You sure you wasn't smoking any of the funny stuff on that night that you can't remember?

attachicon.gifCaptain Troll.png

I personally think few things are sadder than middle-aged men who smoke dope.

I had the odd joint or two at uni, but that was almost thirty years ago.

Actually, this reminds me of a time a while back when I went snorkeling. I saw a few fish here and there, nothing that special, and was about to head back to the beach when some kind of structure caught my eye. I swam a little closer and realised it was one of many, resembling large underwater buildings in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. I had a little paddle round them, then returned to shore as it was time for my next beer.

I thought little of this event until a few days later, whilst watching a programme on the Discovery channel, I realised I'd stumbled across the lost city of Atlantis!

I think the OP is just building an oddity into something more important - we're all guilty of that at times.

But the thread title is more interesting - strange stuff that has happened, but there's no way to prove it.

I'll kick it off with an incident when I was clearing out my rented house (after the tenants had left). There were some decorated, wooden strips that I'd leant against the patio windows - and I remember it clearly because the nails had caught onto the net curtains on the patio door. The net curtains needed replacing, so this wasn't a problem.

I spent the night at the house, and the next morning they were lying in the garden!

Edit - I also had a work suit go missing. I emptied the wardrobe, but not to be found. A few weeks later I opened the wardrobe to get dressed, and it was at the first hanging item.

V weird.

This reminds me of 2 questions that as yet no one has come up with the answers.

You put a pair of socks into a washing machine with the wash. When finished only 1 sock can be found. Where do those odd socks disappear to in the washing machine?

You put down a set of keys on the dining room table. A couple of hours later go to retrieve the keys and they`re nowhere to be seen. Hunt around for ages then the keys suddenly reappear on a cabinet at the other end of the room. How do those keys manage to materialize somewhere else?

V weird.

You put a pair of socks into a washing machine with the wash. When finished only 1 sock can be found. Where do those odd socks disappear to in the washing machine?

You put down a set of keys on the dining room table. A couple of hours later go to retrieve the keys and they`re nowhere to be seen. Hunt around for ages then the keys suddenly reappear on a cabinet at the other end of the room. How do those keys manage to materialize somewhere else?

Exactly. The thread title gives us all a chance to tell our weird stories.

I've never actually counted socks going in and socks coming out - but there's always an imbalance biggrin.png .

What about the 21 witnesses on one of theses Maldives islands? According to the press, they were all liars. The only thing a know about the MH 370 is, that we all are being lied to. The satellite assisted surveillance system of D.G. has seen the plane from the beginning, especially due to the fact that it was off course. But the U.S. never revealed their findings.

I only remember reading a story from ONE witness, but the woman (I'm sure the witness was a "she") was convinced she'd seen something.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-was-shot-down-by-the-us-military-former-airline-ceo-claims-9939710.html

The definitely off course plane must have been spotted by the American satellite supported surveillance system installed on D.G.. Otherwise the system is completely useless. Ask the Americans, but they will lie to the world, just in the same way they lied about the WMD in Iraq. But they definitely know where the plane has landed or went down, or landed and later went down.

V weird.

There was another guy that lost his keys and created a thread on this forum......didn't end well. Don't go there ;)

I can't quite remember where it was, so obviously I can't prove it. But I know what I saw!

Did you see any bicycles down there? Bet you got a woody.
Now you're just being silly.

Silly?

I think u will find I'm the least silliest in this thread. :D

Well,ive got a story that happened but no one will believe me.I was in the beer garden one night having a cold one,when the most beautiful freelancer left the table where she was sitting with a handsome young man.She came over and explained that she couldnt keep her eyes off me as i was so sexy looking.She explained to her guy that she just had to have me,and he was perfectly reasonable and said he understood.She was on the tall side very slim with legs up to her arse and a bust that entered the room before she did..She wore emerald green contacts and ,of course long jet black hair.She spoke perfect English and sat down,and proceeded to buy me drinks until about two a.m.We left together and she took me to the most expensive condo one coud imagine.We swam in the pool,drank champagne and then she went off and slipped into something more comfortable.A slik teddy with all the trimmings.

The night that followed was fantastic,i couldnt believe my luck,she was insatiable and went through every trick in the book.

At about 10 am i said i had to go home,and how much did i owe her.She said there was no charge because the privilege had been all hers.And as i was such a wonderful lover,i could visit any time.

You Know i tell this story often,but no one believes me,i cant understand why.

But you lot believe me dont you dont you,you do dont you.Haaaaaa Haaaaaaaaa hheeeeeee,you do dont you???

A few years back I was in a bar in Bangkok and ended up talking to this rather posh British chap. Intrigued by the presence of a toff in such lowly surroundings, I asked him how he'd ended up there. He explained that he'd got in a spot of bother back home and had to leave the country. Something to do with a nanny and his wife.

I thought little of it until I happened to see something in the news weeks later, and realise I'd spotted the elusive fugitive Lord Lucan.

Of course, I have no way of proving this. But I know what I saw.

Well,ive got a story that happened but no one will believe me.I was in the beer garden one night having a cold one,when the most beautiful freelancer left the table where she was sitting with a handsome young man.She came over and explained that she couldnt keep her eyes off me as i was so sexy looking.She explained to her guy that she just had to have me,and he was perfectly reasonable and said he understood.She was on the tall side very slim with legs up to her arse and a bust that entered the room before she did..She wore emerald green contacts and ,of course long jet black hair.She spoke perfect English and sat down,and proceeded to buy me drinks until about two a.m.We left together and she took me to the most expensive condo one coud imagine.We swam in the pool,drank champagne and then she went off and slipped into something more comfortable.A slik teddy with all the trimmings.

The night that followed was fantastic,i couldnt believe my luck,she was insatiable and went through every trick in the book.

At about 10 am i said i had to go home,and how much did i owe her.She said there was no charge because the privilege had been all hers.And as i was such a wonderful lover,i could visit any time.

You Know i tell this story often,but no one believes me,i cant understand why.

But you lot believe me dont you dont you,you do dont you.Haaaaaa Haaaaaaaaa hheeeeeee,you do dont you???

If only life for us guys was like that. The only way possible to make dreams come true is with wods of cash. They say money can`t buy love but it can certainly buy happiness even if it`s only short time.

I must add your story onto my bucket list.

Edited by cyberfarang

A few years back I was in a bar in Bangkok and ended up talking to this rather posh British chap. Intrigued by the presence of a toff in such lowly surroundings, I asked him how he'd ended up there. He explained that he'd got in a spot of bother back home and had to leave the country. Something to do with a nanny and his wife.

I thought little of it until I happened to see something in the news weeks later, and realise I'd spotted the elusive fugitive Lord Lucan.

Of course, I have no way of proving this. But I know what I saw.

You're a lying toad; I've never been in Jools' Bar in my life. And besides, I look nothing like Lord Lucan; I'm more of an older Owen Farrell

I see your heart is in the right place and your intentions are sound. But you've got things wrong.

What really shocked people about the MH370 is, well, how the hell can you lose a plane? How? This is the 21st century, so how can you lose a plane?

The truth is that it's actually very simple. The MH370's path across the peninsular has never been accurately plotted because military radar systems were either ineffective or disengaged.

Let me stress this point: no one knows the precise course the MH370 took from one side of the peninsular to the other because it wasn't constantly tracked. Captain Shah knew exactly what he was doing. He dodged the radar.

It's sweet to think that your little Google App will provide me with answers that no one else is aware of, but I'm afraid life is seldom quite so simple. You need to understand the limitations of commercial and military radar.

===

My GF (a government officer) later discussed these issues with officials at the Inkayuth Army Base. They checked records and confirmed what I already knew. There was no military traffic over central Pattani on the night (morning) the MH370 traversed the peninsular.

Let me see if I have got this straight, your GF is a super model, a hiso and a government officer with such high clearance that she is able to just pop round to the nearest army base and discuss military flight plans.

Wow, what a life you lead.

Fab if only you had told everyone about your GFs meetings with the military earlier, which in essence are an important part of your argument in this case, then it would not seem like you are now back-pedalling and adding parts to patch over the plot holes in your story.

On the same theme, I once managed to balance a camel cigarette on my cat's nose with only the smallest dab of superglue but in my story basically everyone saw it as it was stuck to my cats nose for over a week.

Edited by Truscott

I always thought it odd the guy had a flight simulator in his house.

I think the deal here is that he was a dedicated flight enthusiast, or perhaps you could call him a devoted hobbyist.

Check out some of his other YouTube videos and you'll see he also gave cookery lessons. I think he was an all-round decent guy. Probably very honest, too. A regular Penangite.

And then he snapped. His wife (a beautiful woman whose surname I remember was "Khan") left him and took the kids, and soon after his political "idol" got done for sodomy in a case that was horribly flawed.

I guess the bottom simply dropped out of the guy's world.

===

PS. Just noticed I used the word "bottom" after "sodomy". No pun or smut intended.

It would have been flying very low in order to benefit from "Ground Effect".

As such it would have been throttled back, which explains why it was so quiet.

That'll do for now.

ph34r.png

Ground effect only comes into reckoning up to about half the wingspan, so around 100 feet, 30 meters. Ground effect results from the air between the wing and the ground being compressed as the angle of attack of the wing increases, as in the landing flare. That's the simple explanation.

At 100 feet, it would have been likely to hit a building or tree.

If there was no power on the aircraft, it would have descended very quickly. Power is needed to keep it flying. Ground effect won't keep it flying, just give it a momentary increase in lift.

The little wreckage recovered is consistent with it hitting the water in the Southern Indian Ocean, not near the Thai/Malaysian peninsular, which is what would have happened if it was so low with no power. No power = no fly.

I discount the OP's story completely, maybe even a troll post? Evidence for the latter would be.....why raise it now, two years after the event?

Edited by F4UCorsair

If there was no power on the aircraft, it would have descended very quickly. Power is needed to keep it flying. Ground effect won't keep it flying, just give it a momentary increase in lift.

The little wreckage recovered is consistent with it hitting the water in the Southern Indian Ocean, not near the Thai/Malaysian peninsular, which is what would have happened if it was so low with no power. No power = no fly.

I discount the OP's story completely, maybe even a troll post? Evidence for the latter would be.....why raise it now, two years after the event?

Oh Jesus Christ, this is simply painful to read.

No one -- less me repeat: NO ONE -- has ever suggested the plane crashed on the peninsular. Did you not follow the story about Immarsat and how their engineers were able to reconstruct an approximation of the MH370's movements after crossing/exiting the Malacca Straits by the pings it sent?

And have you honestly not seen any of the reports confirming the plane flew extremely low across the peninsular in order to evade radar?

===

As for why I raise this story on ThaiVisa two years after the event, why not?

I've discussed the story at length -- and in depth -- pretty much constantly over the last two years with people whose opinions I value.

Oh Jesus Christ, this is simply painful to read.

No one -- less me repeat: NO ONE -- has ever suggested the plane crashed on the peninsular. Did you not follow the story about Immarsat and how their engineers were able to reconstruct an approximation of the MH370's movements after crossing/exiting the Malacca Straits by the pings it sent?

***** Nor am I suggesting it crashed on the peninsula, but I AM saying it would have if was as low as you suggest with no power.

And have you honestly not seen any of the reports confirming the plane flew extremely low across the peninsular in order to evade radar?

***** The reports I've seen indicated 5000 feet, but didn't you say the radars were inactive?

===

As for why I raise this story on ThaiVisa two years after the event, why not?

I've discussed the story at length -- and in depth -- pretty much constantly over the last two years with people whose opinions I value.

But not with the authorities?? People whose opinions you value can be wrong too.

Edited by F4UCorsair

People whose opinions you value can be wrong too.

Let's just say that I don't value yours.

Good bye.