Greatest Baht Bus Memories

Ive heard many a story of The Baht Bus, and numerous escapades.

My experience of several trips on Baht Buses in Pattaya have been amusing, watching a plastered Russian falling out the back was memorable.

What is other peoples experience of The Baht Bus? Not just in Pattaya as many other versions around the country.

Good and bad experiences please

From beach to jomtien about 8/9 yrs ago

Was with wife & small daughter.

Another chap gets on, we paid private, anyway, we don't mind, he's old.

So old chap says to me he's from Nottingham& im English.

Next thing driver stops & pulls him out the back off the bus.

Bit harsh I thought, wife said to driver what that about

He said he saw him with bar girl

Very harsh

Chap was literally thrown off!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Years ago I took a songtaew in Khon Kaen and as we headed out into the semi-boonies the passengers kept getting off until I was the only one left. Going past a small copse the driver suddenly stopped, got out and wandered into the trees. From my lofty vantage point I then spotted my chauffeur dropping his kecks behind a tree and taking a dump before resuming our journey. Having had a few " near misses" after a plate of dodgy laab or whatever over the years it didn't take long to live by the cast in stone rule that "When you gotta go you gotta go" myself. Though usually I can hang on until the next petrol station bog rather than reenacting a " Man vs.Wild" type scenario.

I have only taken - maybe 5.....First time was in hot season in the middle of the day.....Before I'd boarded there must have been a group of workers because the seats reeked of body odor.....That smell permeated my clothes & I carried/was conscious of that stink all day but was 25k from home.....

Couldn't wait to get back a take a long shower.....

Have avoided them since if at all possible.....

• 3 weeks later...

I met a mate I had not seen in yrs. He drank in soi 6 so met him there. A small bar called Thai Rose at the top end beside 2nd road I beleive.

Well when the wife arrived my mate and myself by then had drank large amounts of scoth whisky. My legs had gone Im told by this time and a baht bus had to be privately hired. This was to allow me to lie and sleep to the hotel.

Still dont remember the journey home although my wife remembers it well as you can imagine.

Have only rode a baht bus once in the Pattaya/jomtien area, the trip became rather uncomfortable when a very fat farang plonked himself down next to me in the empty bus and wouldnt stop talking and giving me his life story as if i care