Three days of celebrations for Queen’s birthday begin

rooster59

Three days of celebrations for Queen’s birthday begin

post-247607-0-10012900-1465610359_thumb.

London’s iconic St Paul’s Cathedral was filled with dignitories and well-wishers for a special service for Queen Elizabeth’s 90th birthday. It was a solemn moment to start the celebrations.

The UK is marking the occasion of her official birthday with three days of festivities, her grateful subjects united in giving thanks.

In his address David Ison, the Dean Of St Paul’s said: “Most especially today do we give thanks for the length of years that has been granted to our most gracious Sovereign Lady, Queen Elizabeth: for her faithful devotion, dutiful commitment, loving leadership, gentle constancy, royal dignity and kindly humanity.”

The Queen has two birthdays – the official one is always held on a Saturday in June to make the most of the better weather. Her real date of birth is April 21.

Outside the cathedral a large crowd gathered outside to show their appreciation, as London echoed to the booms of a gun salute.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-06-11

The official birthday has nothing to do with "better weather"! The ceremony of Trooping the Colour, marks the anniversary of the Queen's Coronation on June 2nd 1953. This year the ceremony is linked to other events celebrating the Queen's 90th birthday. Prince Philip celebrated hi 95th birthday yesterday! They both look amazing for a couple of old 'uns :-)

The official birthday has nothing to do with "better weather"! The ceremony of Trooping the Colour, marks the anniversary of the Queen's Coronation on June 2nd 1953. This year the ceremony is linked to other events celebrating the Queen's 90th birthday. Prince Philip celebrated hi 95th birthday yesterday! They both look amazing for a couple of old 'uns :-)

Their look of of 'amazing' may have something to do with never done a days work in their life.

Their look of of 'amazing' may have something to do with never done a days work in their life.

I don't believe that you have a clue what a days work looks like.

You don't even know me, so how can you say such a ridiculous comment.

You don't know the Queen either so how can you make such a ridiculous statement.

She has worked with every UK government since 1952 and is still doing it at 90 years old and not retired yet.

Will you still be working at 90 years old?

You don't know the Queen either so how can you make such a ridiculous statement.

She has worked with every UK government since 1952 and is still doing it at 90 years old and not retired yet.

Will you still be working at 90 years old?

Probably the answer to your question would be yes if I received the same health care, to which we are not entitled by living in the LOS. I would imagine her pension doesn't get frozen either.
And whilst I respect your views on our monarchy, I don't suppose you will respect mine.

Whether you are pro monarchy or not, it is difficult to deny the fact that last year she carried out 341 official engagements, which is no mean feat. She works tirelessly for the UK keeping up with everything that is going on in the world. I have retired at the age of 65 and could not begin to imagine her work rate even now at 68 let alone 90! If you doubt this, I suggest that you look at one of the many documentaries around at the moment.

It's past the time Charlie should be king. Arrogant old woman

Go on then, enlighten us with your pearls of wisdom as to why? Or are you someone who comments who knows naff all about it

Go on then, enlighten us with your pearls of wisdom as to why? Or are you someone who comments who knows naff all about it

The Spanish and the Dutch have relinquished power and she's 90 years old! I guess you Brits are above that 55555

Whether you are pro monarchy or not, it is difficult to deny the fact that last year she carried out 341 official engagements, which is no mean feat. She works tirelessly for the UK keeping up with everything that is going on in the world. I have retired at the age of 65 and could not begin to imagine her work rate even now at 68 let alone 90! If you doubt this, I suggest that you look at one of the many documentaries around at the moment.

I agree with you. I am far from a royalist but it would be churlish to have anything other than respect for the woman and her steadfastness.

However, once she shuffles off this mortal coil I think we should have serious national debate about the monarchy and, at the very least, kick all those minor hangers-on off the civil list. Ideally, other than the monarch and number 1 in line, we would send the rest out to earn their own keep.

The Spanish and the Dutch have relinquished power and she's 90 years old! I guess you Brits are above that 55555

So what!

Yep, I was right, someone who comments and knows naff all

maybe you are an unhappy colonist

Edited by Caps

Do you take the same stance on other Royals.

Or do you hold your tongue in fear ?

Just a comment:

The British people don't have draconian laws on what you can and can't say about the British Royal Family. So you can legally say what you want without fear of being arrested or put in prison.

Edited by Wilsonandson

Just a comment:

The British people don't have draconian laws on what you can and can't say about the British Royal Family. So you can legally say what you want without fear of being arrested or put in prison.

Actually you may find if posting from Thailand then you might just be subject to the same rules regarding Royals of other Nationalities.

I'd be most interested to hear the opinions of you lot on the Thai Royal family.

A PM will do if your to scared to speak out like you do against the British Royal Family.

Edited by stoneyboy

Just a comment:

Actually you may find if posting from Thailand then you might just be subject to the same rules regarding Royals of other Nationalities.

I'd be most interested to hear the opinions of you lot on the Thai Royal family.

A PM will do if your to scared to speak out like you do against the British Royal Family.

Maybe its jealousy because HM the Queen has been on the throne longer than the birth of some of the countries who might be speaking out against the Royal Familycheesy.gif

So what!

"Nalf" a colloquialism. In Thailand you would be lo-so.

We haven't been "colonists" since 1776 and soundly beat your butts twice. Maybe she's hanging around in case you people woke up and realize you don't need a monarch. Just another reason I don't give a rats ass about that impertinent little island. You can include yourself and JT and ardokano on my ignore list

So what!

"Nalf" a colloquialism. In Thailand you would be lo-so.

We haven't been "colonists" since 1776 and soundly beat your butts twice. Maybe she's hanging around in case you people woke up and realize you don't need a monarch. Just another reason I don't give a rats ass about that impertinent little island. You can include yourself and JT and ardokano on my ignore list

Yep I hit the nail on the head

Just a comment:

Yes, you are quite right, according to wikipedia.

The third group is insult against the head of state of foreign countries or lèse-majesté. Insulting or threatening the king, queen, consort, heir-apparent, or the head of state of foreign countries (Section 133), which is an offence against friendly relations with foreign states, is punishable by one to seven years imprisonment or a fine of 2,000-140,000 baht, or both.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%A8se_majest%C3%A9_in_Thailand

Thankyou for drawing my attention to this.

Of course heads of state include all sorts of people. Maybe Donald Trump soon. So remember guys, you could be banged up abroad for calling Donald a rude name.

Just a comment:

Edited to note that this has already been covered. !

But Thailand does and the lese majeste law covers foreign heads of state as well - so Queen Elizabeth is covered.

Wikipedia

The third group is insult against the head of state of foreign countries or lèse-majesté. Insulting or threatening the king, queen, consort, heir-apparent, or the head of state of foreign countries (Section 133), which is an offence against friendly relations with foreign states, is punishable by one to seven years imprisonment or a fine of 2,000-140,000 baht, or both. The penalty for defaming, insulting or threatening the Thai monarch, the queen, heir-apparent, or regent (Section 112) is imprisonment for three to 15 years. Insulting or defaming a representative of a foreign state accredited to the royal court has the penalty of imprisonment for a term of six months to 15 years or a fine of 1,000-10,000 baht, or both.

Edited by beautifulthailand99

I agree with you. I am far from a royalist but it would be churlish to have anything other than respect for the woman and her steadfastness.

However, once she shuffles off this mortal coil I think we should have serious national debate about the monarchy and, at the very least, kick all those minor hangers-on off the civil list. Ideally, other than the monarch and number 1 in line, we would send the rest out to earn their own keep.

A refreshing thought and by a Brit. I'm amazed. Good for you