China: activist demand end to dog-eating festival

rooster59

China: activist demand end to dog-eating festival

post-247607-0-30844300-1465610134_thumb.

Animal rights activists in China have called for the annual Yulin dog meat festival later this month to be banned.

The event in the Chinese city sees thousands of dogs killed and served in local restaurants.

Supporters of the festival insist dog meat is good for health and no different to any other meat.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-06-11

Apparently the plains Indians favored horse #1, dog #2, bison #3, and cow #4.

I was also told by a Swiss guy that dog (St Bernard) is considered a delicacy in

on of the Swill cantons. I find that hard to believe but that is what he told me.

Not sure if it was true at one time or if he was pulling my leg. He was not joking

when he told me. blink.png

Can we round up all our Soi dogs and send them over

Can we send you instead?

Nasty aren't we? we eat horse/cow /chicken /pig/kangaroo/ crocodile/pigeon/sheep/duck/fish/geese,,,,You can have all of them as a pet,,,Get of you're high Horse and leave tradition alone,,,maybe someone is against stuff what you eat,, wai2.gif

Can we send you instead?

Nasty aren't we? we eat horse/cow /chicken /pig/kangaroo/ crocodile/pigeon/sheep/duck/fish/geese,,,,You can have all of them as a pet,,,Get of you're high Horse and leave tradition alone,,,maybe someone is against stuff what you eat,, wai2.gif

Vegetables ?

Also, I explained yesterday, I don't ride high horses ;)

Pigs outperform 3-year-old human children on cognition tests and are smarter than any domestic animal, and animal experts consider them more trainable than cats or dogs.

Doesn't stop you dog lovers from eating your bacon in the morning now does it.

Sick joke

Not at all. Where do Soi dogs have a place in Thailand's urban life?

They piss and poop on public property.

They run around in the street causing havoc among the traffic sometimes resulting in accidents and injury even death.

They have been known to bite many innocent people including the very young and old.

They carry disease that passes onto the dogs of responsible owners that want to exercise their leashed dogs properly.

They are in a word a "menace" and it is time to get rid of them.

If you're English (I mean really English, by culture), this is obviously looked on as repugnant. Many of our best friends in our childhood were dogs or horses. The Welsh, the Scottish, and the Northern Irish, will have to speak for themselves. From a foreign point of view, we are disparaged for our love of animals, in contrast to our total disregard to the needs of children. In retrospect, it was a mistake. You just assume, naturally, that a child has parents, or relatives, looking after his/her interests. Now I see it's not always so, we need to include children under our umbrella. It's pretty sad really.