Bus burnt to skeletons on elevated Suvarnabhumi airport road

webfact

Bus burnt to skeletons on elevated Suvarnabhumi airport road

282_Bus-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A Chinese tour bus caught fire while it was transporting passengers from Samut Prakarn to Suvarnabhumi airport before dawn today.

Fortunately none of the 20 passengers on the bus was injured but the entire Sunlong bus was engulfed and burnt by the fire.

The incident happened on the elevated road from Lard Krabang to the airport’s warehouse.

Three fire trucks from Rachathewa fire station were despatched to the scene, and three lanes of the elevated road were closed to traffic.

The fire was kept under control half an hour later after the entire bus was gutted.

Bus driver Ratana Jenraksa told police that he drove the bus to the airport with 20 passengers on board.

But as he was near the airport, smoke was noticed to come out of the engine room.

He drove and parked the bus at the left lane and ordered all passengers to leave.

He then tried to put out the fire with a fire extinguisher but could not keep it under control.

The bus which was burnt to metal skeletons was towed away before noon today.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/bus-burnt-skeletons-elevated-suvarnabhumi-airport-road/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-06-13

The fire was kept under control half an hour later after the entire bus was gutted.

Or, in English, the fire basically burned itself out.

That must have been a great sight for arriving, and departing, tourists. I noticed they moved it away post haste. Thankfully nobody was killed or even injured.

Edited by WhizBang

About time they had a complete overhaul of the bus and van transport industry .

Yeah, and pull those skeletons outta the closets!

About 10 days ago I rode the Don Muang Airport-to-Suvarnabhumi free shuttle bus. I sat on a seat directly over the back wheel-well on the driver's side. For the entire trip, it sounded like the back tire was delaminating. Something was slapping the wheel-well hard in a rhythmic pattern which sped up and slowed down with the speed of the bus. It was literally so loud that passengers could not hear to converse, and I finally moved to another seat for fear of the wheel-well suffering damage with me on top of it. The driver? Oblivious.

Not an unusual experience.

I have been on other buses where the driver wouldn't slow down or stop until the passengers nearly lynched him because of smoke seeping into the passenger compartment from either the brakes or the engine. On another bus, I was the only human being awake. And I wasn't the driver.

Scary stuff. wacko.png

Edited by Fookhaht

“No one was injured,” said Police Capt. Ritthikrai Yomprakon from Lat Krabang Police Station. “The fire started on its own, so we didn’t charge anyone.”

<deleted>... obviously the bus company is not responsible

Thais have always had problems with English plurals. I had a reciprocal teaching arrangement with a uni-educated Thai, helping him with colloquial English. His Thai sourced reference gave "Busy" as "having you hand full" which I interpreted as something quite different.

"the entire Sunlong bus was engulfed and burnt by the fire." Maybe change name to SoLong? But on a more serious note, couldn't this be classed as defamation, as it may damage reputation of company, as does so much truth here.....

About time they had a complete overhaul of the bus and van transport industry .

You are the sixth thousandth that's called for this in the last five years , unfortunately like many things associated to good governance , they wont allow outsiders to come and give some plain speaking and practical advice , so it's a lot like keeping it in the family in Thailand, after decades like this it is certainly starting to tell..................................................coffee1.gif .

Notice that the bus was refered to as the 'Sunlong' bus?

Almost high-lighting the fact that this was not a Thai-made vehicle.

(A Thai-made bus would have burnt-out in half the time, - due to being made of plywood.)

Sunlong buses are a complete product of China, there are zillions of them on the road in Thailand. Their good part is, they're all SINGLE deck with the luggage hold between the front and rear axles. Low SG not much chance of rolling over like the Thai made Double deck monsters made from plywood. Some photos show the fire in the center of the bus and spreading. The engine is not in the center of the bus, in the center is the passengers luggage hold. From here on I will leave it up to the readers to figure out what the fire started.

These buses have a pretty good safety record of course give them time in Thailand and their Thai lack of PM and that safety record will change in a hurry.

As for insurance, they are all on time payments with recourse so the factory insures them to protect its financial interest. The bus that is. Passenger and their luggage is a different matter, nothing to do with the manufacturer of the bus. Now we're dealing with Somchai the Mai Pin Rai boy.

LOL in LOS.

Notice that the bus was refered to as the 'Sunlong' bus?

Almost high-lighting the fact that this was not a Thai-made vehicle.

(A Thai-made bus would have burnt-out in half the time, - due to being made of plywood.)

Sunlong buses are a complete product of China, there are zillions of them on the road in Thailand. Their good part is, they're all SINGLE deck with the luggage hold between the front and rear axles. Low SG not much chance of rolling over like the Thai made Double deck monsters made from plywood. Some photos show the fire in the center of the bus and spreading. The engine is not in the center of the bus, in the center is the passengers luggage hold. From here on I will leave it up to the readers to figure out what the fire started.

These buses have a pretty good safety record of course give them time in Thailand and their Thai lack of PM and that safety record will change in a hurry.

As for insurance, they are all on time payments with recourse so the factory insures them to protect its financial interest. The bus that is. Passenger and their luggage is a different matter, nothing to do with the manufacturer of the bus. Now we're dealing with Somchai the Mai Pin Rai boy.

LOL in LOS.

Swerver - Should not 'SG' be 'CG' if you're going to abbreviate 'centre of gravity' or 'center of gravity'? ? Edited by AjarnMartin