TM 8 form - exit re-entry visa

TM 8 - Is this the correct form for a multiple ( 2 trips out and back ) exit re-entry visa ?

I have an "extension of stay based on retirement" and did not expect to make it out anywhere, so did not get when I renewed my "extension ..... "

I have been looking for the form here on 'thaivisa' but the ones posted seem to be from some time ago.

Is there a new version of the form and, does someone have a relevant copy they could post for me ?

Lastly, my flight out is on 25th June at 00.55 hrs, but I will pass through immigration before midnight on 24th June, what date do I put as leaving date ?

Thanks for all your help.

Speedo1968

You can download the TM8 re-entry permit (not a visa and not needed for exit) form here. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm8.pdf

The form has not been revised for many years if ever.

The departure and return dates that you put on the form do not matter since the are not shown on the re-entry permit stamp.

You can get a re-entry permit at either airport in Bangkok when leaving the country. They are open from 5 am to midnight.

If you know for sure that you only will be doing two trips you can obtain single reentry permit each time. Save a little but depends on when your extension ends. The expiry of the multi reentry permit will be same as your extension end date.

Keep in mind that the office at airport is prior to immigration at swampy and just after at Don Mueang. Take photo with you. Easy process.

You can download the TM8 re-entry permit (not a visa and not needed for exit) form here. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm8.pdf

The departure and return dates that you put on the form do not matter since the are not shown on the re-entry permit stamp.

You can get a re-entry permit at either airport in Bangkok when leaving the country. They are open from 5 am to midnight.

Thanks "ubonjoe".

Getting a bit thick in the head I think - too old and shaky for all this travelling lark.

I thought I had to get an exit / re-entry as I have "extension of stay based on retirement".

Can I get the re-entry permit at Khon Kaen Immigration ( not far from me ) - would prefer to do this rather than do at the airport, as I will be on my own and somewhat tired etc.

Thanks "ubonjoe".

Getting a bit thick in the head I think - too old and shaky for all this travelling lark.

I thought I had to get an exit / re-entry as I have "extension of stay based on retirement".

Can I get the re-entry permit at Khon Kaen Immigration ( not far from me ) - would prefer to do this rather than do at the airport, as I will be on my own and somewhat tired etc.

Calling it a exit permit would imply you need permission to leave the country. You can leave the country without a re-entry permit but you would loose your extension when you enter the country.

You can get the re-entry permit at KK immigration.

A single re-entry permit costs 1000 baht an a multiple is 3800 baht.

Thanks "ubonjoe".

Calling it a exit permit would imply you need permission to leave the country. You can leave the country without a re-entry permit but you would loose your extension when you enter the country.

You can get the re-entry permit at KK immigration.

A single re-entry permit costs 1000 baht an a multiple is 3800 baht.

Thanks 'ubonjoe" yes I understood the exit part. Glad I can get at KK at least I can sit and wait. I was concerned about doing things last minute at the airport.