June 14, 201610 yr My multiple entry non-B annual visa expired last month. The arrival stamp in my passport is valid until 8th August. I hold a work permit but due to a slight delay with new company registration documents I am unable to renew my visa right now. I am leaving the country for 4 weeks and will return on the 17th July. When I return to Bangkok will I be able to/is there any way to ensure I maintain my non-B visa status (expiring 8th August) or will I be given a tourist stamp? I have been told the former by an immigration officer, but would like a second opinion. Thanks
June 14, 201610 yr You can get a re-entry permit for the 90 day permit to stay that will keep the remainder of it valid when you enter the country. Your visa being expired does not matter since a re-entry permit is issued for a permit to stay not a visa.
June 14, 201610 yr Author Thanks ubon. My main goal was to avoid coming back into Thailand on a tourist visa as I understand that this would prevent me renewing my annual visa as planned. Am I right in understanding that the re-entry permit can be obtained before Suvarnabhumi immigration for B1,000?
Create an account or sign in to comment