June 14, 201610 yr Can anyone confirm what I was told about the requirements for naturalization. They said, as I am married to a Thai, i don't need to give the "tabien bahn" with the application. This is good as my "yellow book" is from another province. Also, I was told that the process could be quickened by the payment of a 6 figure amount. This might speed it up from 3 years to 9 months and is not against the law as one either qualifies or doesn't. Does anyone know what the actual cost is? This was all done via a phone call to the Special Branch.
June 14, 201610 yr You must present a yellow tambien ban to apply for it. See: Guidelines and documents required for application for Thai citizenship by naturalization Never heard of a any amount of money that would speed things up.
June 14, 201610 yr Author You must present a yellow tambien ban to apply for it. See: Guidelines and documents required for application for Thai citizenship by naturalization Never heard of a any amount of money that would speed things up. Yes, I have these guidelines, thanks.. They are, however, different to the ones I got in Thai and the information passed to me by telephone. I was told basically, the tax receipts were the main thing. I'll take a trip to the local Special Branch to check as well as phoning Bangkok again.
June 14, 201610 yr You need proof of residing in Thailand for a certain period. Because you're married to a Thai national, you don't need Permanent Residency. A job, sufficient tax payments, consecutive extensions of stay and work permits during the total application process is what is needed. Haven't heard of money speeding things up. Not to talk about such an explicit statement of speeding up things from 3 years to 9 months. The best place applying for Thai Citizenship is the Special Branch in Bangkok. Of the last 142 people granted citizenship in February 2016, only 10 or so were registered outside Bangkok.
June 14, 201610 yr "...They said...", "...Iwas told..." Who are they? Who told you? Apparently, it was not Special Branch, as you later wrote "I...'ll take a trip to the local Special Branch..." The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place
June 14, 201610 yr You must present a yellow tambien ban to apply for it. See: Guidelines and documents required for application for Thai citizenship by naturalization Never heard of a any amount of money that would speed things up. Yes, I have these guidelines, thanks.. They are, however, different to the ones I got in Thai and the information passed to me by telephone. I was told basically, the tax receipts were the main thing. I'll take a trip to the local Special Branch to check as well as phoning Bangkok again. Here are the same guidelines in Thai, Guidelines and documents required for application for Thai citizenship by naturalization
June 14, 201610 yr Author "...They said...", "...Iwas told..." Who are they? Who told you? Apparently, it was not Special Branch, as you later wrote "I...'ll take a trip to the local Special Branch..." It was special branch in bkk by telephone. I live outside Bangkok and will go to my local one.
June 14, 201610 yr Author You need proof of residing in Thailand for a certain period. Because you're married to a Thai national, you don't need Permanent Residency. A job, sufficient tax payments, consecutive extensions of stay and work permits during the total application process is what is needed. Haven't heard of money speeding things up. Not to talk about such an explicit statement of speeding up things from 3 years to 9 months. The best place applying for Thai Citizenship is the Special Branch in Bangkok. Of the last 142 people granted citizenship in February 2016, only 10 or so were registered outside Bangkok. Thanks, that would explain why they never mentioned needing the yellow book to me. I think the local Special Branch just pass on the documents to Bangkok, surely where you live in Thailand wouldn't be negative factor, or would it? Thanks for the stats.
June 14, 201610 yr Author You must present a yellow tambien ban to apply for it. See: Guidelines and documents required for application for Thai citizenship by naturalization Never heard of a any amount of money that would speed things up. Yes, I have these guidelines, thanks.. They are, however, different to the ones I got in Thai and the information passed to me by telephone. I was told basically, the tax receipts were the main thing. I'll take a trip to the local Special Branch to check as well as phoning Bangkok again. Here are the same guidelines in Thai, Guidelines and documents required for application for Thai citizenship by naturalization Thanks, but the link doesn't work for me.
June 14, 201610 yr You need proof of residing in Thailand for a certain period. Because you're married to a Thai national, you don't need Permanent Residency. A job, sufficient tax payments, consecutive extensions of stay and work permits during the total application process is what is needed. Haven't heard of money speeding things up. Not to talk about such an explicit statement of speeding up things from 3 years to 9 months. The best place applying for Thai Citizenship is the Special Branch in Bangkok. Of the last 142 people granted citizenship in February 2016, only 10 or so were registered outside Bangkok. Thanks, that would explain why they never mentioned needing the yellow book to me. I think the local Special Branch just pass on the documents to Bangkok, surely where you live in Thailand wouldn't be negative factor, or would it? Thanks for the stats. Here's the link to interesting reading material. A must read. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/121353-story-of-my-thai-citizenship-application/
June 14, 201610 yr Author You need proof of residing in Thailand for a certain period. Because you're married to a Thai national, you don't need Permanent Residency. A job, sufficient tax payments, consecutive extensions of stay and work permits during the total application process is what is needed. Haven't heard of money speeding things up. Not to talk about such an explicit statement of speeding up things from 3 years to 9 months. The best place applying for Thai Citizenship is the Special Branch in Bangkok. Of the last 142 people granted citizenship in February 2016, only 10 or so were registered outside Bangkok. Thanks, that would explain why they never mentioned needing the yellow book to me. I think the local Special Branch just pass on the documents to Bangkok, surely where you live in Thailand wouldn't be negative factor, or would it? Thanks for the stats. Here's the link to interesting reading material. A must read. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/121353-story-of-my-thai-citizenship-application/ It certainly is a MUST read - thanks very much!
June 14, 201610 yr Here are the same guidelines in Thai, Guidelines and documents required for application for Thai citizenship by naturalizationThanks, but the link doesn't work for me. I'm sorry to see that the link has gone dead. I shall try to revive it. UPDATE: Here is the revived link to the guidelines in Thai: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach§ion=attach&attach_id=102370 I updated it now in the list of Laws, regulations, Police Orders The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place
June 15, 201610 yr Author Here are the same guidelines in Thai, Guidelines and documents required for application for Thai citizenship by naturalizationThanks, but the link doesn't work for me. I'm sorry to see that the link has gone dead. I shall try to revive it. UPDATE: Here is the revived link to the guidelines in Thai: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach§ion=attach&attach_id=102370 I updated it now in the list of Laws, regulations, Police Orders Thanks, that's different to the one I have seen. Similar to the English version.
Create an account or sign in to comment