Non-B 1 Year extension smooth as silk - 8th year

How strange that we are so elated - like winning the lottery - just because we got a bit of paperwork done, hassle free!

I know just how you feel and it's great!
We made friends with our local Imm officers and I actually look forward to our annual visit.

Having a savvy Thai wife smooths many things 555

Lucky you. I'm on my 2nd refusal of extension. "More photos and paperwork needed." And I use an experienced and now exasperated lawyer. It's costing me a small fortune to return to Hong Kong for a new non b every 3 months.

Lucky you. I'm on my 2nd refusal of extension. "More photos and paperwork needed." And I use an experienced and now exasperated lawyer. It's costing me a small fortune to return to Hong Kong for a new non b every 3 months.

You make me feel a little better. I brought my lawyer my expiring work permit December 10. It took her until March 20 which was 3 days before my extension expired to get it renewed. It then took her 2 months to get the extension renewed. I have learned to not even ask her what she is doing (or she bursts into tears) but it is frustrating knowing that she basically has possession of my travel documents for about the first 5 months of the year. I wonder what she would say if I actually needed my passport for something else.