Clashes in Paris as ‘one million march’ against labour reforms

webfact

Clashes in Paris as ‘one million march’ against labour reforms

606x341_335576.jpg

PARIS: -- It is being hailed as the biggest show of strength yet against long-contested labour reforms in France.

A million protesters took to the streets of Paris on Tuesday according to trade unions – many thousands more nationwide – to say ‘no’ to planned changes that would make hiring and firing easier.

Refuse collectors and taxi drivers were among those taking strike action – not to mention the train drivers – and there was an unpleasant surprise for would-be visitors to the Eiffel Tower which was closed for the day as staff stopped work to join the protest.

That was a particularly bitter pill to swallow for those who had travelled from afar.

One German visitor said: “We are here, amongst other things, to watch the football. We also want to visit all the Paris sights. But unfortunately we just found out that there is a strike here and also in other places in Paris. That’s a shame for tourists.”

The chaos of strikes was matched by turmoil on the streets as clashes broke out on the sidelines of the Paris march. Riot police fired tear gas and used water cannon as items were thrown at them and windows smashed, with a number of arrests made and injuries on both sides.

This is not the way the host country of Euro 2016 wanted to be seen.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-06-15

See how happy democracies make people, so few deciding the fate of so many

Better than a form of government where one person decides the fate of all.

No it isn't, it's the same just done by a mob in agreement.

See how happy democracies make people, so few deciding the fate of so many

Better than a form of government where one person decides the fate of all.

No it isn't, it's the same just done by a mob in agreement.

In a democracy there are peaceful means to overcome mob rule. In a dictatorship there are no peaceful means.

So that's the main issue to these people...while their police are being slaughtered by Islamic terrorists?

Spoken as would DT himself. People are fighting for bread and butter issues. I am sure they care about their police but ones belly and roof comes first and foremost. Its a case of survival in todays world. Pensions and good benefits are fast disappearing.

So that's the main issue to these people...while their police are being slaughtered by Islamic terrorists?

Spoken as would DT himself. People are fighting for bread and butter issues. I am sure they care about their police but ones belly and roof comes first and foremost. Its a case of survival in todays world. Pensions and good benefits are fast disappearing.

So what you're saying is it's "me, me, me..." Got it.

So what you're saying is it's "me, me, me..." Got it.

While you, looking at your post, is an exemple of sacrifice for the benefit of the society...

At least in France the government is scared of the people, while in countries like US and Thailand the people are scared of their government...sleep well dear sheep, don't worry the Billionaire Trump (who is one of the biggest "me me" personn) will probably solve all your problem YOU complain about

So, and what are the boys in their ivory towers doing to solve the problem?

democracies slowly are becoming dictatorships run by conceited clowns on a string.

Brexit is the beginning of the cleansing.

The French workers are right to present a show of force. The moment you allow government to roll back workers rights and worker representation then all the worker becomes is enslaved by the wealthy that become more wealthy and more powerful. Greed takes over and simply purchases government for its own ends. No time like the present to remind a government who they represent and it isn't the fat cats. Give em hell Comrades.