Best CM District to live in?

Happy Grumpy

Thanks. That is where it becomes the 1141.

Right, it's been sporadic in my case too.

I do think it adds value though, like when you have guests over they can't get anywhere on their own.

Same with selling/renting/AirBnB'ing potential: people like to be able to get into town.

That's why I think that being reasonably close to one of the roads that do have public transport adds a bit of long term value, even when you mostly don't use it.

And you're right about things getting congested mostly when approaching the superhighway / Aom Muang ring road, and I don't think that situation will improve actually for any direction. It's probably best to be inside it actually, paying just a bit more for the land. (Although not even all that much, looking at gated community land pricing..) And it's not money lost there as it's actually saleable.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If you want to be in physical proximity to other farang for social, or security reasons"

Is it more secure near falangs? Unless your worried about your neighbors, I would think security threats might go to where the falangs (i.e. the $$$) are.

As for Winnie's post (#61) right above that only applies if you consider your home as only an investment and plan to sell, rent or conduct other business with it.

I, and I assume many expats here, want to place to call home and most probably live out our days in it in this tropical paradise.

Sure it can be a significant investment but the quality of life issue might be first and foremost or we might never have had ended up here.

As for Winnie's post (#61) right above that only applies if you consider your home as only an investment and plan to sell, rent or conduct other business with it.

I, and I assume many expats here, want to place to call home and most probably live out our days in it in this tropical paradise.

Well, not an investment primarily, but more often than not it's still something that a child or love one eventually ends up with, so even in that scenario it's good to leave them something of value.

I mean, the 1317 road has been mentioned.. Living out your days in the below, is that seriously paradise..?

post-64232-0-89209200-1466497593_thumb.j

I mean, the 1317 road has been mentioned.. Living out your days in the below, is that seriously paradise..?

Compared to my bedsit in London, yes!

Around 1/50th the price, no council tax either, and I could park right outside.

Edited by MissAndry

My condos are inside the city, this is for a rented house away from, well, everybody. :D I like to be grumpy in my own space. Small private house, big garden.

Lamphun, or the area towards there is also an option, 30 or so Km out of CM isn't exactly far, especially if on the Number 11 Road.

Well, not an investment primarily, but more often than not it's still something that a child or love one eventually ends up with, so even in that scenario it's good to leave them something of value.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

that looks like hell actually and nothing like some beautiful places in San Sai I have seen

Anyone live in or near Tha Sa La? Whats it like?

Super. The district has many distinct parts though, one is in between the railway and the Superhighway 11 and North of the Aom Muang ring, which is perhaps one of the most affordable areas inside the superhighway, maybe because it has a bit of an industrial feel with some old warehouses and other workmanlike shops around. I would bet on that gradually changing though because it's such a good location relative to the city, you can get from there to Thapae Gate in under 10 minutes even during rush hour, crossing the railway tracks just South of the station and then taking that road/soi that passes Sanpakhoi market, to end up at Nawarat Bridge.

Then there is the area in between the superhighway and the Middle Ring, local village style, this is where the Dhara Dhevi hotel is which has attracted some nicer development in that area. Probably difficult to find something affordable there, and getting into town means having to cross the superhighway.

Then South of Aom Muang (1141) and North of the Middle Ring, that's where the Palm Springs developments are (old and new), which probably suffer from a lot of road noise and houses seem too close together especially the newer one to the South. As far as locations go though it's much closer to town than most. Same applies to the development off the Middle Ring near Wat Don Chan. Not a bad location. It floods of course if there will be major flooding again from the river, but that applies to just about everywhere East of the river inside the Superhighway. It doesn't happen a lot (once every seven years or so) but if you're building yourself then make sure you're at least a meter or so up from the street level. wink.png

And then finally there is the area to the East of the Middle ring, which is similar to the Dhara Dhevi area in that it's local villages. Just that you have another major highway to cross (the Middle Ring).

post-64232-0-71700300-1466649032_thumb.j

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai