webfact

The Duke of Cambridge appears on the cover of a gay magazine
By Catherine Hardy

606x341_335684.jpg

"No one should be bullied for their sexuality or any other reason"

Duke is first royal on July cover of “Attitude”
William wants to highlight the consequences of homophobic bullying
Editor and LGBT group meet in Kensington Palace

LONDON: -- The Duke of Cambridge has become the first member of the UK’s royal family to feature on the cover of a gay magazine.

The shot, taken by Australian photographer Leigh Keily, shows William laughing and resting his chin on his hand.

The magazine usually features athletes, models and other stars under its main logo.

Editorial staff say the prince posed for the shot after meeting the magazine’s editor and a group of gay and transgender people at his London home, Kensington Palace.

Why has William done this?
The duke invited members of the editorial team of “Attitude” magazine and other gay and transgender people to visit him in the palace.

Discussions centred on the issue of bullying and its repercussions for mental health.

William, whose brother Harry won praise in 2013 for saving a soldier in his regiment from a gay hate attack, is quoted as say anyone being bullied for their sexuality should report it and get support.

The magazine edition went to press before the mass shooting at a gay club in Orlando at the weekend.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge went to the US Embassy in London on Tuesday to sign a book of condolence for the victims.

What they are saying
“ Don’t put up with it – speak to a trusted adult, a friend, a teacher, Childline, or some other service and get the help you need. You should be proud of the person you are and you have nothing to be ashamed of,” – William said.

“I am very happy that the future King of the United Kingdom agrees that this must stop and I would urge parents in particular to raise their voices in their communities to ensure that every school protects, really protects, all children,”Attitude editor, Matthew Todd.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-06-16

So his marriage is just a cover. The guy is a fake, why not just come out a say I'm a homosexual and not hide behind the marriage thing. He acts gay and I think most people knew he was gay so hiding behind the herto marriage thing isn't fair on his children.

Why William? Why not Edward? Ive noticed he's been quiet. its common knowledge that Edward bats for the other side,after all thats been said over the years.I hate all this Royal clannish cover up shit.In this day and age,why doesnt he just come out and admit it.I dont think its going to be a surprise to anyone.Even Queen Victoria had homosexuality in her family,and that was considered to be a hanging offence in those days .I have to admit that i've always wondered how much Sophies yearly wage is for playing the game.

Well done, William

But will Grandmama be amused ?

Well it was not a "coming out of the closet" statement.

If you can recall it was his mother who was working with Aids Charities including visiting those with Aids when many were scared to go near them, and many were blaming it as an infliction on the gay community.

I think it fair to say he is a happily married man and I think the Queen will be proud of him, not so sure his grumppa will be though...

Why William? Why not Edward? Ive noticed he's been quiet. its common knowledge that Edward bats for the other side,after all thats been said over the years.I hate all this Royal clannish cover up shit.In this day and age,why doesnt he just come out and admit it.I dont think its going to be a surprise to anyone.Even Queen Victoria had homosexuality in her family,and that was considered to be a hanging offence in those days .I have to admit that i've always wondered how much Sophies yearly wage is for playing the game.

It is a truth, universally known to people who read about such matters, that every member of the British Royal family and their relatives have either been said to be gay or a major philanderer (of the opposite sex) or both.

To me it would not matter if William or Ed were gay. William would not be the first gay dad, if this rumour were true.

What is not true is that Sophie gets a wage. You are dealing with people who are above such plebeian matters as wages which are for the working classes.

By the way, I am not a Royalist - far from it, I am a Republican (in the sense of believing that the head of state should be elected) even though not a militant one.