One killed in road bridge collapse in Germany

webfact

One killed in road bridge collapse in Bavaria

606x341_335717.jpg

SCHWEINFURT: -- At least one construction worker has been confirmed dead after a road bridge which was undergoing renovation collapsed in central Germany. Six more are said to be seriously injured.

The bridge section plus scaffolding fell 20 metres onto a road below. The accident happened along Germany’s A7 highway near the town of Schweinfurt in northern Bavaria.

There are thought to have been around 20 workers on the site at the time. A police spokesperson said said they were still trying to confirm that no one else was buried in the under the wreckage.

The bridge was originally built in 1965.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-06-16

. I grew up 20 km away from this city in "Lower Franconia." and must have driven over this bridge a million times..

The bridge is near "Werneck", another city and one worker died, regarding German news.

No more Thai construction worker bashing posts from now on.

Or were most of these construction workers from Isaan under the influence of Lhao Kao?

Hmm, time to investigate.. Or was it one of the bridges Adolf had built for his book?

The times are changing, when I still lived there the accidents happened on the A 7, not under it. facepalm.gif

http://www.welt.de/vermischtes/article156258228/Teil-von-Autobahnbruecke-eingestuerzt-ein-Toter.html

One worker died and some are still trapped under the parts. Sorry that the link's in German..

They already started to "repair" the bridge last year in summer 2015.

Edited by lostinisaan

. I grew up 20 km away from this city in "Lower Franconia." and must have driven over this bridge a million times..

The bridge is near "Werneck", another city and one worker died, regarding German news.

Or were most of these construction workers from Isaan under the influence of Lhao Kao?

Hmm, time to investigate.. Or was it one of the bridges Adolf had built for his book?

The times are changing, when I still lived there the accidents happened on the A 7, not under it. facepalm.gif

http://www.welt.de/vermischtes/article156258228/Teil-von-Autobahnbruecke-eingestuerzt-ein-Toter.html

One worker died and some are still trapped under the parts. Sorry that the link's in German..

A bridge built for Adolf Hitler--------- IN1965

A bridge built for Adolf Hitler--------- IN1965

I am almost sure you have never been really good at history lessons? Just guessing...rolleyes.gif

The reason this is newsworthy is it is so unusual under European safety standards and practices.

In Asia, this stuff happens every day and no one finds it remarkable.

In Africa, this stuff happens every half a day and no one finds it even worth mentioning.

I know I grew up with expression "Jerry Built" referring to post war construction by German labourers, and we had the mass exodus of construction workers relocating to Germany in the 70's inspiring the BBC TV Comedy "Auf Wiedersehen, Pet".

Obviously we should wait for expert enquiry into what went wrong here, whether it was related to the original building of the bridge or the methods used to renovate it or the recent weather, or more probably many factors played a part in this tragedy.