Baht bus - extra charge for luggage or bicycles?

jeca22

I only can say, i moved several times with a baht Taxi. Just stopped one and asked how much he want. Once from Naklua to Jomtien. I paid 400 Baht and the driver even helped me to move all my stuff up to the condo. IMO. that's more then fair.

I only can say, i moved several times with a baht Taxi. Just stopped one and asked how much he want. Once from Naklua to Jomtien. I paid 400 Baht and the driver even helped me to move all my stuff up to the condo. IMO. that's more then fair.

That was a good deal. smile.png

If you board normally without talking to the driver, I would pay 20 if taking a bike as that's unusual, but only 10 if it's normal luggage.

I've never actually seen anyone board with a bike but boarding with luggage is very common.

You'd probably want to wait for an emptier (but not completely empty) bus to hail it.

If it's fully empty, with a bike, the driver is likely to assume it's a charter ride request.

If the driver sees what you've got and stops and let's you board with the bike, I would just do the courtesy of paying more.

I think many just wouldn't stop and some might speak to you and ask for more than 20.

There are no rules about that.

Edited by Jingthing

I think you pay for the number of seating spots you take up.

Update: I boarded the Sukhumvit baht bus heading north. Told the driver I'm going to the temple and offered 20 baht. He nodded and there was only 1 other passenger.

Just hook the handlebar onto the side of the vehicle and let the bike roll along outside on its rear wheel.

That's a good idea

If it falls off , you will have to buy a new bike and pay for the repair of the guys car it went under

or pay for the hospital treatment ( rider ) and new motor cycle, that it just hit. w00t.gif

Not the best idea, i think wai2.gif

Edited by onemorechang

Very unusual for a Pattaya Baht bus to be so fair and helpful, I mostly found them to be very crooked, and ignorant with

both their driving and dealings with the public.

I was on a Baht Bus on Pattaya Tai the other week, the baht bus not full but the driver asked for more money from 2 tourists each had a small suitcase. I take the kids push chair on, not folded down they never ask me for any extra, I have also seen Thai people with suitcases, no extra charge. I can understand if it's taking a seat but otherwise they shouldn't be charging extra.

Just hook the handlebar onto the side of the vehicle and let the bike roll along outside on its rear wheel.

Well, that suggests the bike should roll freely. If it does, why pay anything, just hold on to the back of the baht bus and get where you want for free.

"You can hire A songthew like A taxi in Chiang Mai."

Any idea of prices? Can you get one for a full day?

Thanks,

Terry

I am sure that you could arrange that - price would be negotiable and depend on the driver and how much he wants to do what you are planning as well as distance... I never had a problem hiring vehicles, pick-ups for moving even long distances... just start asking around to get an idea.

You can hire A songthew like A taxi in Chiang Mai.I imagine you can probably do the same thing all over Thailand.Money talks

Best to ask the guys at a motorbike taxi stand. They often have access to a pickup truck. I did that a couple of weeks ago to move my stuff to storage. Full truck and helping me load and unload a short distance away he asked for 400b.

Very unusual for a Pattaya Baht bus to be so fair and helpful, I mostly found them to be very crooked, and ignorant with

Funny enough I tend to get on and off the baht buses, give the guy or girl the fare thru the window then move on. Do you get upset if the driver doesnt get out of his cab and wai you for using his vehicle ?

Funny enough I tend to get on and off the baht buses, give the guy or girl the fare thru the window then move on. Do you get upset if the driver doesnt get out of his cab and wai you for using his vehicle ?

Yeah very funny, wait till he decides he wants to take a shortcut as you are the only person left on the bus, he tells you to get off and still expects his fare, also wait until

he wants to charge you for luggage that is not taking up any seats, then wait until he is at a terminus and waiting for his bus to fill up, then tells you to get up and give up your seat

to a thirteen year old schoolgirl then swears at you when you refuse. Want me to go on?

and what about their driving? Ignorant scum.

TIP: As a reflex, I always let the baht bus pass my destination slightly before disembarking. I pay 10 baht and walk back to my destination.

As some drivers try to fleece foreigners, I realize the driver (likely male if a fleece attempt), will not reverse the vehicle.

TIP: As a reflex, I always let the baht bus pass my destination slightly before disembarking. I pay 10 baht and walk back to my destination.

As some drivers try to fleece foreigners, I realize the driver (likely male if a fleece attempt), will not reverse the vehicle.

truly all that scheming necessary ? ask around , you are not helpless i hope . it seems like a mountain is being made out of a mole hill .

truly all that scheming necessary ? ask around , you are not helpless i hope . it seems like a mountain is being made out of a mole hill .

jeca22's tip is a good one. thumbsup.gif