Frequent crashes Chrome Plug-In /another update W10 trap?

THAIPHUKET

The more details you can give about the issue, the more chance you will have to get an answer.

Right now, we only know you have Windows 10 and that chrome crashes. That's really not enough.

Does it happen randomly or when you are doing something specific?

Is there an error message?

What is the 'chrome plugin' you are talking about?

jyBKK, your questions are to the point, I just didn´t know what info to provide. Yes, there is a message ........shockwave plug has crashed, at random, but rather frequently, sometimes within minutes. Did not notice on my which app I was at the time

Will tell more when it happens next,

Edited by THAIPHUKET

Shockwave Plug-in is what is needed on certain sites that uses a certain type of content called 'Flash'.

It was very popular in the past (because it provided the same result regardless of the browser) but is riddled with performance and security issues and is now being abandoned. For example Apple iPhones and iPads don't support it.

These crashes probably happen on one (or maybe a couple) of specific websites you visit which still use that technology.

This article below explains a few ways of trying to fix it:

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/internet/how-stop-shockwave-flash-crashing-in-google-chrome-summary-3332967/

However, I would simply recommend you to completely disable this plug-in because chances are it's only used on those sites to display some advertising.

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/pro-tip-how-to-disable-flash-in-chrome/