Child Friendly Resort

In Chawang???? blink.png anywhere but, I would say! rolleyes.gif

open to suggestions

Sorry being a bit sarcastic, boater!tongue.png

But one sees many families on Maenam beach areas, also Ban Tai, which maybe a little too quiet for some...

Having a price range may help! Several resorts around Soi Maenam resort road. Maenam Resort, New Sunrise, always seem popular.

All beaches right now, are very low tides...

In Chawang???? blink.png anywhere but, I would say! rolleyes.gif

open to suggestions

Sorry being a bit sarcastic, boater!tongue.png

But one sees many families on Maenam beach areas, also Ban Tai, which maybe a little too quiet for some...

Having a price range may help! Several resorts around Soi Maenam resort road. Maenam Resort, New Sunrise, always seem popular.

All beaches right now, are very low tides...

Budget would be around 5,000 THB a night for 2 rooms or large family room. Fishermans vilage would be a good location, but not up to speed with the new resorts on samui

Main focus should be a beach where the children can play on the beach and can go into the water with the least danger and hassle. Beach and sea should be shallow and fine sandy, without stones and coral pieces, without jet skis, boats, water plants, currents, surface irregularities, urchins etc etc.

The hotel should be wide open to the beach with natural shadows from trees and there should be also a nice shady lawn, the pool should be not too crowded, there should be a children pool, maybe a children playground.

July is the beginning of the second high season at the Samui archipelago and prices can be much more for all that than 5.000 at night.

This place came to mind last night, two bedroom places are not always easy to find...

it's a beautifully kept resort, run by an older Thai lady who lived in the USA for some 20 years... ( she is Van)

http://www.villasonsamui.com/properties/vans-villa/

Located on Maenam beach, where one sees many families having fun. (it's right in front of New Sunrise on Maenam resort road).

She also has another resort about 100 meters away, but it's a little off the beach.

I agree with north Chaweng. Look for anything north of Ark Bar (But NOT Ark Bar!).

Maenam each is quite deep water, so I don't recommend children swimming there.

The beach there will immediately go deep, so there's not much shallow parts for children to be in.

I agree with north Chaweng. Look for anything north of Ark Bar (But NOT Ark Bar!).

Maenam each is quite deep water, so I don't recommend children swimming there.

The beach there will immediately go deep, so there's not much shallow parts for children to be in.

Usually I agree with you Mole,wink.png

but it really depends on what part of Maenam beach you are refering too for deepness of water. (Maenam beach is several Kms long!)

The area I suggested around Soi Maenam resort road, is full of kids swimming, both Thais and farangs.... (Thais usually around 5 pm, and Sundays) thumbsup.gif

I have personally walked all along the Maenam beach in each directions both during extreme low tides and high tides, so I believe I also know the beach quite well.

Compared to other beaches around the island, where it is shallow tens of meters out, majority part of Maenam beach gets immediately deep and the shallow parts are probably less than 10m from the beach.

Sure of course there are children playing in the beaches, like there are children playing in EVERY beach on this island, but compared to other beaches, Maenam beach is simply not very child friendly.

Ibis Hotel, Bo Phut is known to be child friendly, and also has family rooms. Advertised as "budget hotel", think rates are around 3500 baht. Had friends staying there some years back, and they were satisfied. Been there a couple of times for events.

Chaweng: Even north of ark Bar can be noisy as there is "Cha Cha Moon Beach" – the moon-party beach club, competing with Ark Bar. Not updated with the last two weeks, if music stops earlier now, before 2 am, due to the military has ordered the night life to close early. At the moment Chaweng is overcrowded as in peak-season with young people, including many Chinese (and/or Korean), and also the British (sorry to say it, but normally bit more drunk and noisy) are beginning to arrive; well can be Aussies also, I cannot immediately tell the difference.

Middle of Maenam Bay is not getting instant deep this season – it's quite some years ago now – as lots of fresh sand coming in; you can walk long way out. Many families with kids stays at Maenam Beach; preferably choose a resort with pool, so you have the option of sea and/or pool. As Jimmy says, lots of kids, both Thais and tourists, are swimming from the beach at the middle of the bay, the area around the "Maenam Walking Street" (Soi 4), but there are tourist families with kids quite long way down the beach in both directions (I know the beach, I live there).

smile.png

.... very good place is North Chaweng Blue Lagoon area, perfect fine sand, shallow water, wide, flat beach, no noise, no jet skies, not so many other tourists, all the restaurants around the corner, Central Festival a short walk > there is a nice children playground etc etc

Much better than Menam and Bophut in all this aspects. But of course, if it would parents first and the child second, I would choose Menam.