91-day return ticket with T visa

I'm gonna start working in Thailand somewhere next month. In October I will travel to my home country of The Netherlands for a short holiday.

I've seen a cheapish return ticket FRA-BKK online and am really looking forward to buying it. Before I press the 'buy' button, however, there's one thing I'd like to know:

I know I need a tourist visa to get into Thailand, which the school will be able to convert into a Non-B visa later. However, for my return ticket the travel dates are between 7/11 and 10/10. This means a stay of 91 days in Thailand, which is over 90 days (60 days on visa + 30 days on visa extension)

Will I have difficulty acquiring a tourist visa with this itinerary? I am located in The Netherlands now and will apply for the visa at the Thai Consulate in Amsterdam soon.

Please tell me I should go ahead and buy the plane ticket.

• If you are traveling with a Tourist Visa you do not need a return/onward flight.

The Embassy/Consulate might want an onward flight before issuing the visa. If they do you'll need to ask the office you apply at what they will accept.

If you need an onward flight within 60 days you can book a cheap flight to a country neighbouring Thailand.

Edited by elviajero

If you are traveling with a Tourist Visa you do not need a return/onward flight.

So no problem having a return ticket in possession with a one-day-late home flight? I buy the ticket before I get the visa, remember?

Getting the T visa is automatic, no questions asked?

Edit: I see you added some things to your post

Edited by MarcelV

If you are traveling with a Tourist Visa you do not need a return/onward flight.

So no problem having a return ticket in possession with a one-day-late home flight? I buy the ticket before I get the visa, remember?

Yes, sorry hit reply before finishing the post!

• Getting a visa might require an onward/return ticket.
  • Once you have a visa the airline and Thai Immigration will not require an onward/return ticket.

Where will you be applying for the visa?

• Once you have a visa the airline and Thai Immigration will not require an onward/return ticket.

In The Netherlands, probably Amsterdam.

In The Netherlands, probably Amsterdam.

If you apply in Amsterdam you only need proof of the flight to Thailand. No onward/return needed (for the SETV).

http://www.royalthaiconsulateamsterdam.nl/index.php/en/visa-service/visa-exemption

I looked into it and on the website of the Thai Embassy it states that:

Documents required:

1. Visa application form duly filled in (click here to download application form)

2. Passport or travel document with validity of not less than 6 months

3. One recent photograph of the applicant (4x5 cm.)

4. Air ticket paid in full (or proof thereof)

5. Additional documents may be required as deemed necessary

It looks like the embassy still wants to see the ticket. Which means it will see that I stay for a total of 91 days. Sigh...

I want to buy the ticket so much now that it is still cheap.

I looked into it and on the website of the Thai Embassy it states that:

Documents required:

1. Visa application form duly filled in (click here to download application form)

2. Passport or travel document with validity of not less than 6 months

3. One recent photograph of the applicant (4x5 cm.)

4. Air ticket paid in full (or proof thereof)

5. Additional documents may be required as deemed necessary

It looks like the embassy still wants to see the ticket. Which means it will see that I stay for a total of 91 days. Sigh...

I want to buy the ticket so much now that it is still cheap.

That is an air ticket to Thailand. If they wanted an onward/return ticket it would be specified.

Look at point 12. in the additional requirements for a METV. It specifies "roundtrip".

12.Roundtrip flight reservation or ticket (at least for the first entry)[/size]

An SETV only requires a ticket to Thailand whereas a METV requires a return (roundtrip).