June 17, 201610 yr I am English,I have a 1 year Non O visa (extension married to a Thai) that expires on the 19th of August. I will go on holiday in England on the 15th July and return on the 14th August. I am not sure I want to go through the process of 400,000 in bank married to a Thai all over again,I want to way up my options. I have been told if I get a single re-entry permit,then when I arrive back in Thailand on the 14th of August they will extend my visa by 90 days? Is this true? Thanks in advance
June 17, 201610 yr No. The IO will grant permission to stay until the 19t August when your current extension expires.
June 17, 201610 yr Author Had more than one visa company told me this is not the case,and they don't want money off me,they have offered this as advice. Also a friend who did exactly the same.
June 17, 201610 yr If you decide to switch back to using visas, don't buy a re-entry permit, your permission to stay will end, and you could get a multiple entry non 'O' visa when in the UK. You will get 90 days when you come back. You'll need to do border hops every 90 days. Any 90 day entry can be extended once by 60 days (1,900) to visit your wife. Any 90 day entry can be extended by 1 year should you decide to go back to an extension of stay based on marriage.
June 17, 201610 yr Had more than one visa company told me this is not the case,and they don't want money off me,they have offered this as advice. Also a friend who did exactly the same. A re-entry permit is only valid for the length of the permit to stay it is issued for. If you get one it will only be valid until the 19th of August. Perhaps confusion between a multiple entry non-o visa that allows a 90 day entry up to the date it expires and a re-entry permit.
June 17, 201610 yr Author So is there anyway I could extend my stay over the 19th of August even for a short while without doing the full year extension with money in the bank( I have finances I need to free up which will be too late in extending my visa now)
June 17, 201610 yr So is there anyway I could extend my stay over the 19th of August even for a short while without doing the full year extension with money in the bank( I have finances I need to free up which will be too late in extending my visa now) You could extend for 60 days on the basis of visiting your wife. At the end of the 60 days you will need to leave the country or you could apply for the full 1 year extension.
June 20, 201610 yr Author Okay so if I want a 60 day extension,I am already on a one year extension that ends the 19th of August. Like I said above I arrive back in Bangkok on the 14th Visa ends the 19th,so if I dont but a re-entry I have only 5 days left,I can apply for a further 60 days? I have had two one year visa's Non O married to a Thai.
June 20, 201610 yr Okay so if I want a 60 day extension,I am already on a one year extension that ends the 19th of August. Like I said above I arrive back in Bangkok on the 14th Visa ends the 19th,so if I dont but a re-entry I have only 5 days left,I can apply for a further 60 days? I have had two one year visa's Non O married to a Thai. If you want to apply for a 60 day extension on return you will need to buy a re-entry permit on exit to keep the existing permission to stay, that expires on August 19th, alive. You can apply on or before August 19th. Your wife will need to go with you.
June 21, 201610 yr Author Thanks for swift reply,last question. If I am applying for a 60 day extension I don't need the 400,000 in the bank like a one year?or do I?
June 21, 201610 yr Thanks for swift reply,last question. If I am applying for a 60 day extension I don't need the 400,000 in the bank like a one year?or do I? No financial proof is needed for a 60 day extension.
Create an account or sign in to comment