Cabbie seen jumping on a car’s bonnet faces withdrawal of driving license

rooster59

The easiest way to make the Thai's see just how bad their actions are is to do the same when they are in our countries. Before anyone says anything yes I know the police in most of our countries would not be biased. Until they feel how it is to be treated as many, not all by any means, treat foreigners in Thailand nothing will change.

Thai's are free to open businesses in our countries. Change that and make it a requirement that a national of the country has 51% ownership. They get robbed in the street, arrest them for being there. So they will stop coming to our countries so what, we wont file for bankruptcy if they don't come. On the other hand if foreigners didn't come to Thailand they may well file

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

taxi driver was holding his kid when he kicked the car! Looks like he was picking up or dropping off the child, as there is a sign on the soi that ways "School" in Thai.

Who was at fault initially we don't know, but the taxi driver was ultimately the guilty party for kicking the farangs car.

Animals behind the wheel. I was in SISAKET near the train station and its one way, 2 Thai's stopped and blocked the road to go into the 7-11 to buy beer. I BEEPED my horn to move them and the animal kicked in my right door and many Thai's push on my door so I could not exit to engage him. FINALLY, police come, any justice, right, they tell me to go and the hell with the 12,000 baht damage to my car.

On JUNE 16th I was Pattaya and about 6pm I was driving down beach road and everyone who has been there know it is a busy street with the taxi's and big tour buses. A tour bus came up behind me with a speed of 50 and I was driving a safe 30 with cars in front of me, no place to go. THE driver flashing lights to move me and no place to go move to the left and started to try and push me into the sidewalk area, animal.

At the curve by walking street (LEFT TURN ONLY), I gave him a CALIF. hello and the moron started to chase me as I turned onto SOI 2. He got stuck in traffic racing to catch me in a bus with tourist on-board.

What is wrong with these people?

Shit like for not giving way , crossing the centre line, being in the wrong,

thinking that they can do anything they want,that you have to give way to them

happens every 10 seconds when you drive in the city,,,,There are Two ways of

Doing Things,,,,,,The Right way And the Thai way,,,, Guess what,,,Ur in

Thailand,,,,,Get use to this, if you can't,,,,Don't drive or go home,,,,,

Seems to be a single lane road and one of them, either the taxi or the car, could have reversed a little bit to let the other car pass through. Looks like both had big ego problems. The foreigner was foolish as it could have easily led to violence.

Onnut 30 is narrow but not a single lane road; all that is needed is the application of common sense at the pinch points, The photo seems to be near the junction with Suk 93 where it is wide enough for 2 cars to pass unless one is overtaking something.

Given that the junction with Soi 93 is almost always busy it would be madness to reverse in that direction.

You can see the Thai's were hovering about waiting for it to kick off!.. And the Farang would of been the target whether he was right or wrong!

Another BS post, that has been "liked" because it reflects the usual TV stereotyping of Thais.

Almost all of the Thais simply took a quick look and carried on with their own business.

And if you managed to get to the five minute mark you will see Thais trying to prevent an escalation into violence. Exactly the opposite of what you were hoping for to vindicate your bigotry.

I'm not that sure about this being a stereotype.

I only had once a road accident in Thailand. Waiting at a red traffic light (for a while already), a motorbike came crashing on my bumper. It was night but everything was plain red: the traffic light, my cars lights and my braking lights. Getting out of the car, calmly, I found the driver behind my car, a young guy obviously totally drunk, trying to get back on his feet.

While I was asking him if he was ok, a Thai couple stopped and asked him something that I didn't understand, waited a moment, then left.

My point is that, this couple didn't even look at me or try to communicate with me. The situation made it oblivious that he ran into my stopped car and was at fault. But even so their only motivation to stop was to check "something" with the Thai driver.

I'm pretty sure after all these years that they only stopped in offer to offer assistance to the Thai in case he had a problem with the farang (was he on the ground because I hit him?).

Why do I believe so? I've seen very disturbing cases of crash victims lying on the road with tens of cars passing just avoiding "the obstacle". Zero assistance!

The national nerve is much more sensitive than the helping reflex.

Stereotype?

For me it's rather a view based on experiences.

Completely unnecessary incident and stupidity from both ends. Foreigner could have easy avoided this and move on with his day after swerving around the taxi and have a nice coffee at Starbucks later, but NO! - he has to show that he has "the right of way/passage"...

Both idiots involved deserve their punishment, feel sorry for all the people trapped in the traffic jam those two morons have caused. You really can make life difficult if you want to... sad.png

Edited by MockingJay

It was very clear to me how this began. The taxi driver was doing the very typical "cut the corner" move of Thai drivers, whether cars or motorbikes. They rarely turn a "square corner", which is the proper way to turn, and which most western drivers are trained to do from day one behind the wheel. Although we can't see the movement of the cars prior to the start of the video, it would certainly appear that the white car was into the intersection, with a row of traffic behind him. The taxi driver, seeing some space between the white car and the car in front of the white car, decided to "cut the corner" to make it into the other soi, rather than proceed to the CENTER POINT of the intersection, and wait for enough space to make a PROPER SQUARE TURN into the other soi.

I encounter both cars and motorbikes using this illegal and inconsiderate technique every single day here. They are not taught otherwise; nor do the police enforce, if they even understand, the proper way to make a turn.

That said, while I totally agree with the action and behavior of the farang in standing up for what's right, I do agree that he took an unwise and unnecessary chance in doing so. I don't know if he did so because he is new to Thailand, or because he thought his size would protect him. But I confess that I would not have had the courage to do it. I would have simply tried to back up a bit, and either let the cab pass, or gone off the road to the left to get around the idiot cab driver. I undoubtedly would have expressed my displeasure with him via a glare, gesture, and/or shout; and moved on. Although, as my (Thai) wife constantly reminds me when I gesture (NO, not THAT gesture) or scream at an idiot driver for one of the many illegal and inconsiderate moves I encounter every day with the drivers here; you never know what these people will do in reaction to your objection, up to and including pulling a gun and shooting you. (Let me note, in fairness, that the same is true in the USA!)

i do hope this never happens to you or you don't drive ,can you not see the line in the center of the road between the cars,and the foriener was on his side

typical Thainess from the taxi driver though. thinks he has the right of way above all others. personally i think the Thai is suffering from SMALL MAN SYNDROME

Seems to be a single lane road and one of them, either the taxi or the car, could have reversed a little bit to let the other car pass through. Looks like both had big ego problems. The foreigner was foolish as it could have easily led to violence.

The driver of the white car should go back to Nanny land. What a tosser...

Shame the locals didn't stick him.

So what would you have done in that situation?

A polite wai, and apologise for being on the correct side of the road?

I might have waved him through to make his right turn, although that often causes confusion.

Sadly it is a rare day when someone does this for me, they seem more intent on squeezing into any space and blocking the junction.

Taxi drivers are often aggressive and act as if they own the road. This one was guilty of criminal damage and deserves more than a 1000 baht fine. The falang put himself in a dangerous position.. he should drive a truck.

That's the attitude that keeps this country clueless of manners and education. Treat them like children and let them do anything they want. You see in the schools and it continues throughout their lives, example allowing 7yr kids drive motorbikes with grand mom on the back. If it weren't for the SEX trade there be no money here and I LOVE the scammers open ENGLISH schools taking their hard earn money with no change in the future. Try doing that in the USA, well, use your imagination about the outcome and it be more than a 1000 baht fine.

The driver of the white car is lucky he wasn't killed. Most of these taxi drivers carry weapons.

If it was me, I would have swallowed my pride and given way. It's just not worth it, pissing off a Thai.

I think you are all missing what's the real point here. The carlang by driving its own vehicle its depriving a mighty thai person of his livelyhood, some thai taxi driver might be dying every day because of foreigners breaking the law doing occupations reserved to them, then he very likely will also be eating some thai food taking it away from a thai, and breathing precious oxygen reserved to thai only......bad bad bad

you can read what you see both ways, and from what i interpret its not trying to calm the situation down

rembember Hua Hin and the Welsh family kicked unconcious by pack animal instinct "kick em while there down"

You can see the Thai's were hovering about waiting for it to kick off!.. And the Farang would of been the target whether he was right or wrong!

Another BS post, that has been "liked" because it reflects the usual TV stereotyping of Thais.

Almost all of the Thais simply took a quick look and carried on with their own business.

And if you managed to get to the five minute mark you will see Thais trying to prevent an escalation into violence. Exactly the opposite of what you were hoping for to vindicate your bigotry.

both cars have power steering, it would have been very easy for white car driver to turn left at stand still, then drive on, there was enough room to do that, even though the taxi was in the wrong, obvious taxi driver dident give white car driver time to do that. Just another point I think not giving way to the right is the biggest killer on Thai roads.

and teaching the child how to behave towards other people or "just westerners in general" so we have the next generation of Thais being taught Thainess

There is defiantly a yellow line in the middle of the road, the white car is within the white line the taxi isn't, cars are passing the white car on the left, and the white car would find it hard to back up, Mexican stand off, the taxi driver thinks he has the right of way and the time he spent verbally abusing the other driver they could have both moved out of each others way.

Also, we are always told that we should not loose our temper with Thais, as it is part of their culture, but as we have seen many times it appears to be an acceptable part of their culture to get upset with furang's.

The Taxi driver jumped on the white car knowing well that he would get a slap on the wrist for it and will be driving taxi's next week with a fake taxi ID.

Amazing Thailand.

b-llsh1t I diden't know seems to stand up in court here "for Thais that is "

On TNN they said the taxi driver didn't know the white car was driven by a 'foreigner'. So it's just road rage and built-in must-win-at-all-cost-I-never-wrong-mentality and not hate for foreigners.

Looks like a pissing contest developed. I can see the foreigner's position, the taxi crossed the centre line, but I don't think it would have hurt to back up a metre or two, and move to the left. A person of average intelligence may just learn something from the courtesy shown, but a simple taxi driver may see it as a weakness???

Foolish of the foreigner because Thais do seem to have a short fuse, and from what I read here, many carry weapons.

both cars have power steering, it would have been very easy for white car driver to turn left at stand still, then drive on, there was enough room to do that, even though the taxi was in the wrong, obvious taxi driver dident give white car driver time to do that. Just another point I think not giving way to the right is the biggest killer on Thai roads.

This is repeatedly being said; but in fact cars were bumper to bumper and white car had no option to move without backing into moving traffic. The photo of driver jumping on car was taken after he had moved his taxi.

SO your a Thai then !!!! as "surly a westerner would not do this"

Ok next time I will jump on your car and kick your car because you drive properly and I don't ! It's your post which is totally foolish !

That's it Prawit keep going with your non reform. Prayut and co have allowed these monkeys to destroy any investment from mid range foreign men foreign white men not Chinesw. Your government a laugh a day and it's not getting better. 1000 baht fine and falang left to fix his car. That Thai 10,000. Thais are hurting bad the new PM will seem like a god send