Where Would You Go?

rio666uk

Hi everyone - My wife and I will be coming back to Thailand next March for a month, this will be our first trip back since my wife moved to UK.

Its likely that she will end up wanting to spend more time back in the village with her family than we had previously planned - so i am therefore giving some thought to what i might do, instead of just sitting on a beach waiting for her - - and "no" patters aint really an option, maybe before we were married but not now :o

anyone got any ideas for a 4 or 5 day trip - my criteria as follows:

. ive seen quite a bit but obviously not all of thailand, travelled in laos, cambodia and vietnam and enjoyed all

. dont want to spend lots of time travelling / flying i.e. not too far from my starting point BKK

so stay in thailand and go somewhere new?

a quick trip to Hong Kong?

a quick trip to Pennang?

revisit some places of interest i.e. angkor wat / ho chi mihn city etc?

Edited by rio666uk

use the village as the base camp to do day or two tours in the neighbourhood - she, if bored, or some of her relatives might join you.

I would never travel alone if my partner was there - mai sanuk. The best option is to plan in advance your holiday and go together: village, angkor wat, penang and hong kong (most probably your wife has never been there so she will enjoy it).

use the village as the base camp to do day or two tours in the neighbourhood - she, if bored, or some of her relatives might join you.

I would never travel alone if my partner was there - mai sanuk. The best option is to plan in advance your holiday and go together: village, angkor wat, penang and hong kong (most probably your wife has never been there so she will enjoy it).

Penang?????

S#it Hole!!!

KL is far better or Langkawi

Maybe I could suggest the RV cruise on the river Kwai? Good boat, staff second to none, great food, company and plenty of daytime excursions to keep you busy. [Walks,POW museums etc.] Bit of history, culture and booze; something for everyone.

Maybe I could suggest the RV cruise on the river Kwai? Good boat, staff second to none, great food, company and plenty of daytime excursions to keep you busy. [Walks,POW museums etc.] Bit of history, culture and booze; something for everyone.

:D

Great idea, but at temperatures around 36-42c :D in March and early April, think about that one.

It is summer in Thailand BTW at this time of the year. :D

Sure, Kan is great all year round, but HOT in March. :D

Yours truly, :o

Kan Win :D

thanks chaps - youre right the mrs hasnt been to hong kong and although would like to go, is more interested in staying with the family in her village - gorging herself on all the cheap papaya etc... they work out about 350 baht each here... :o

she will have been in the UK for 2.5yrs by the time we go back.

her village is about 2 hours west of nongkhai town and 3 hours north of udon... spose i could use it as a starting point but to go where??? not really interested in going back to vientianne, although could then go back to vang vieng for some river tubing.. suay mak!

ahh well thanks for your input - ill give it some more thought - the river kwai cruise sounds good - ive already done the "death valley railway trip + museum + nam tok" trip... but this sounds a bit different!

ahh well thanks for your input - ill give it some more thought - the river kwai cruise sounds good - ive already done the "death valley railway trip + museum + nam tok" trip... but this sounds a bit different!

:D

RV River Kwae

Have Fun, :D

Yours truly, :D

Kan Win :o