SEV - staying just over 60 days

I have obtained my SEV however

My travel dates are:

Leave UK 4th July - arrive BKK 5th July - leave BKK 4th September

This means I will be there for over 60 days

Last year they pulled me to one side and just advised me that I overstayed by 2 days - no fine and very friendly

This year it seems they are stricter - should I go to Jomtien a week before and get an extension? I am not really looking to make a border run for a few days overstay

what advice from everyone?

When you arrive on a single entry tourist visa.....you will be given a 60 day permit to stay stamp in you passport when you enter Thailand....which automatically allows you to stay 60 days,

That entry stamp can then be extended for another 30 days (or a total of a 90 days stay) by going to your local immigration office with your passport and applying for a 30 extension.

The fee for that 30 day extension is 1900 Baht.

.Wait until the last 30 days of the date in your arrival stamp, and go to immigration with the fee, fill out the application form, with copies of you passport I.D. page (photo) and the original entrance stamp, and they will add another 30 days on to that 60 day entry stamp you got when you entered Thailand ,,,,f or a total of 90 days stay in Thailand.

I have done it many times....turned the 50 day entry into a 90 day stay for a 1900 Baht 30 day extension fee.

Yes can easily be done in Jomtien.

Edited by IMA_FARANG
  • Like 1