SURVEY: What's your favorite beer in Thailand?

Scott

SURVEY: What's your favorite beer in Thailand?  

271 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Beer made in Thailand by locals is rubbish! Belgium and Germany rule, when it comes to beer making. Thus, whenever I can afford, I opt for German or Belgium beers. There are some micro breweries around, one here in Jungceylon, which serve tasty home brews as well. All of them have foreign partners (professional brewers) involved. Never order a pizza in a Chinese restaurant smile.png

I dunno, I like Leffe a lot but to be fair their beers are a bit arty-farty. The Brits have and always will be the masters of beer making (a la real ale) and that authentic pub experience. All others are wannabees playing catch-up... for our American friends: the microbrewery is not a new invention, guys.

This is what I'm talkin about:

attachicon.giffar.jpg

Oops, I mean this:

attachicon.gifale.jpg

That is great if you like drinking something slightly more alcoholic than water at 3.7%. I was amazed last time I was in the UK how weak most of the draft they are offering was.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tops is now doing Tiger 2 pack large bottles for 106 thb...that's cheaper than Leo at 7-11.

I'm really surprised about Tiger move. It used to be more expensive than Singha 10 years ago. But now it is cheaper than Leo. It is a great alternative because in my opinion it is better than Leo. Tiger really dumped the price recently!

yep, 2 x leo large are 110 at 7-11, singles are 56....I think a large Singha at 60 thb is a better value (if there is no Tiger). Do they have the large Tigers at BKK 7-11s?

Funny, I had this discussion with a friend back home just last week. I prefer Chang. Leo is too lite, even though I generally like lite beers. I might actually say that Beer Lao is better than Chang, but not enough to overcome the slight price increment.

The interesting part of my discussion on beers is as follows.

I was telling him that there is good beer everywhere I've ever been. I've been to at least 40 different countries. I don't feel like counting them right now. After I thought about it some more I had to say, English beer is not good.

Sorry, but I had to say it.

Funny, I had this discussion with a friend back home just last week. I prefer Chang. Leo is too lite, even though I generally like lite beers. I might actually say that Beer Lao is better than Chang, but not enough to overcome the slight price increment.

The interesting part of my discussion on beers is as follows.

I was telling him that there is good beer everywhere I've ever been. I've been to at least 40 different countries. I don't feel like counting them right now. After I thought about it some more I had to say, English beer is not good.

Sorry, but I had to say it.

Only people you ever hear saying english beer is good as working class englishmen

Rest of the world enjoys local microbrews or belgian/german beers..

To me it seems for englishmen the poitn of beer is having any kind of strong taste, good or bad. That is why they tend to enjoy cheers, singha and chang as they have a strong chemical taste while leo is smooth

Edited by bearpolar

I like the new Raspberry rice ,flavored Cheers beer .Costs B49 a 500 ml can at 7/11.Its dark in color .

Rice Berry. thumbsup.gif

I found it a little sweet but better than Leo and some others.

Leo? sick.gif All the locals seem to drink it even though it is more expensive.

Edited by Eclipse

At home: San Miguel Pale Pilsen (little brown bottle... none of that Lite sh!te)

Out and about: Old Speckled Hen (about 6 Pattaya venues... some don't clean their pipes though!)

When push comes to shove: Tiger (most bars have it if they don't have the real San Miguel)

Or really comes to shove: Singha (Mrs NL's favorite so it can't be all bad)

If I really have to: Leo (when up country... and truly ONLY if I really have to)

I like the new Raspberry rice ,flavored Cheers beer .Costs B49 a 500 ml can at 7/11.Its dark in color .

Riceberry not raspberry, Big C never seem to have it

Whatever ,but my local 7/11 always has it .Seems to go down well with the ladies ,due to its slightly sweet taste .

Yesterday watched a short you tube taken in a small factory producing fake bottled beer, my favourite beer incidently.

It started a discussion on canned or bottled.

Is canned more difficult to fake? General agreement was yes, as machine production would be very expensive.

I have always tried to stick to buying cans, somehow always felt cleaner to use, and we always wash them before they go in the fridge, they're not re-used like bottles.

'H'int', my favourite beer is from Europe.

Edited by overherebc

I drink heineken all the time but your right about the hangovers.maybe same as the 90's & early 2000's when a lot of fake heineken about.i still drink heineken in the bars but my bèer fridge is full of cheers beer.a nice drink &half the price.thats the draught beer you get in bars & go go's

I drink heineken all the time but your right about the hangovers.maybe same as the 90's & early 2000's when a lot of fake heineken about.i still drink heineken in the bars but my bèer fridge is full of cheers beer.a nice drink &half the price.thats the draught beer you get in bars & go go's

Yes Cheers is quite acceptable .I am just drinking one now .Picked up at Rimping shop ,Chiang mai at B47 for a large bottle .About the best value in Thailand .