Wrong ? Blood Sugar test results..

ignis

On 7/26/2016 at 6:04 AM, ignis said:

What a day.. out from home at 4:30 - arrived back home at 21:40... worst problem is the noise, every floor and room I had to visit was the noise.. and yes before leaving home took 2 pain killer, yet before midday my head was killing me with all the noise..

The outcome she the Dr is very happy with results, and still is under 200 is a good reading !! when I pointed out this was high she said the goal in a year or so is 100 - 140... she has upped my evening Insulin to 26 from 16...

Odd things.. I need a glaucoma test every 6 months., fine same as before for some years, but that ended end of 2003 in the UK when I moved here.. but the 1st available appointment here is end March 2560 YES 2017 for a glaucoma test !!.. I have asked in years past many time, here [Opticians and is local Hospitals] and no one knows what a glaucoma test is or how to do.... The other test must see a foot Dr every 6 months,, very 1st appointment for this is 22 September, at least it is this year.. No idea why, as do not need a Dr to tell me about my feet.. No feelings/nerves in them for past 15 + years, if damage then is only what I can see, eg: pool of blood on floor, yes a few times, yes been to Hospital a couple of times here for stitches and dressings, on top cut or black toes = I have dropped something on them or hit them somewhere, very often.... at least there has been no pain in them for years.. what on earth can a new Dr tell me ?.

Any hospital ophthalmologist can check for glaucoma but it is not something you can have checked by the local glasses maker here (they are not doctors and not trained for it).  You should start regular checkups at a hospital optical department as if you have high pressure it is important to take medication to control it and prevent any further progression.  It is an easy and painless process for most of us and only some eyedrops to keep pressure low may be the key.  But do check it now as it is easy to not notice continued slight loss over extended time as happens with this.  The visual field test will be a good indication of how well it is controlled over time.

How Is Glaucoma Diagnosed?

To diagnose glaucoma, an eye doctor will test your vision and examine your eyes through dilated pupils. The eye exam typically focuses on the optic nerve, which has a particular appearance in glaucoma. In fact, photographs of the optic nerve can also be helpful to follow over time as the optic nerve appearance changes with the progression of the disease. The doctor will also perform a procedure called tonometry to check for eye pressure, and a visual field test, if necessary, to determine if there is loss of side vision. Glaucoma tests are painless and take very little time.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That was the 1st Appointment  could get at the Hospital for a Glaucoma test end of March 2017... so say there very busy.. likewise with the Hospital shoe maker after taking measurements takes 4 months to make as very busy..

Have to drum BP into Dr here, appears it is automatic to prescription for medication for high BP to Diabetics.

Do not have high BP, the opposite have low BP and have to take medication to make it higher, was upped last visit in Hospital from 3 mg per day to 5 mg day, maybe is still to low ?? past 20 weeks the daily range [test 2x a day at home] lowest 94/61 - highest 121/80, at least s not 62/40 so the extra 2 mg a day has worked.

Not sure what a glaucoma test means as you need to see an eye exam by an doctor and they will likely want to check pressure and vision.  It may well be that your facility does not have a computer visual field test available but surely they or another facility should have an ophthalmologist available and they can do the exam and pressure testing.

Are you sure they understand it is an eye exam you want?  Perhaps better not to even try to explain glaucoma until you are with doctor.  

A private hospital/doctor eye test itself would not be that expensive and even the CVFT is not very expensive.

Edited by lopburi3

Yes the Diabetic Dr ordered the Glaucoma test, 8 weeks ago, the earliest appointment is between 09:00 and 10:00 on 28th March 2017.. that is at a very big hospital Bangkok Red Cross.. but is 55 KM away from home.

The Hospital I used to go to Private is only 17 km away in Bang Bua Thong, they could not do as they do not have a optician, changed  Hospital because when I went with Kidney problems in May they could not treat, just advised to go to bigger Hospital giving me the results of the tests.  changed to them from Sai Noi Hospital [only 6 km away]  changed because feeling very bad over 3 years ago, Dr said 'stone in ear'  what ever that is, 1x injection and 3 lots of medication  it did nothing so went to Bang Bua Thong Hospital, they kept me in for 2 night as very low BP was the reason.. nothing to do with 'stone in ear'

Yes I know Glaucoma tests, used to have them in the UK every 6 months, last test was end of 2003 before moving here..

For some reason you appear to be using very small local hospitals not equipped for anything but basic care.  Any large hospital would have a staffed eye department.  But one of the best eye clinics in the region seems to be will within your commuting distance, Rutnin, and doubt you would have to wait more than a few days or a week or two and they are not that expensive for CVFT or to consult with doctor.  My last use for CVFT was 4 years ago and cost 1,065 baht (no doctor except to check eyesight for computer).  Since then have used Vejthani as they have equipment and procedure was 1,000 baht but total bill was 2,600 baht for all tests and exam by doctor in March of this year.  

At Hospital again yesterday, appears there was some mix up........ The Dr asked where the Glaucoma test  was? I showed her the appointment card.

Appears the Glaucoma test was ordered by Dr ASAP and again in 6 months.  somehow the eye department only read the report of 6 months = gave a appointment for that time..  so sorted yesterday.  the test + the nursing fee came to a total of 650 baht.

On another news item, re my BS or BG blood test yesterday...   the A1c was a reading of 6.4, [was 7.1  reading 2 months ago] have no idea what A1c is but Dr said was good and fine. the average fasting blood sugar level  for past 2 months was 143 again Dr said was fine... [was 202  reading 2 months ago]

4 large vials full of blood taken and many tests run, all but one was fine. Colestrail  was a little high but she said this could be because having everything with full fat, as kidneys are now working fine, can start reducing full fat to low fat options.

Edited by ignis