38 Chinese Tourists Abandoned by Thai Tour Guides as Tour Company is Robbed of Their Room Fees

Jonathan Fairfield

"...a pre-paid package tour,..." ? Sounds like the Chinese tourists were firstly duped by their own people (pre-paid without accommodation?) and then ripped off again, by Thais.

What will the TAT spin doctors say now? coffee1.gif

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the R Con Hotel is Chinese owned?

I have encountered few hotels in Thailand that are not owned by Thai-Chinese.

When Thaksin was here his family controlled 90% of this income. Next time blog about something that you may know.

Thaksin left long before the current explosion in Chinese (PRC) tourism. Many regions of the country, including the eastern seaboard are not Thaksin leaning (Red) regions. For a more detailed understanding I suggest one Google Benedict Anderson for his essay "Riddles of Yellow and Red".

Will we hear an official comment from the TaT minister over this issue..?..nah,..no Thai national would EVER do this to 'quality tourists' who have arrived in a coach with 'VIP' written across the front.

Welcome to the LoS..Land of Scams...Oh BTW..yes,- We do still need your funding for our new railways..Love you long time duay.

I hope this is the end of TOURISM here

Thaiand does not need it

It only accounts for a small part of the economy 5555

10% of GDP (most conservative estimates) up to 20% if including indirect business doesn't look like something you "don't need".

Copunting bus trips tuk tuks Bars clubs money boys and girls I would say more like 45%