A 2nd Tourist Visa

Does anyone have any experience since the changes of having a Tourist Visa and going to another consulate and getting another one - possible? for how long?

I have a tourist visa and after its extension I have been told by immigration not to attempt getting a visa exempt stamp (im UK so in theory should be fine)

Now I dont have any visa exempt stamps on my passport but if immigration says dont attempt it and get a new visa from either Laos or Malaysia I am sticking to there advice, they were very helpful but very insistant not to do it, so my view is "do what immigration says"

Anyone in a similar situation, not a visa runner but has a first time tourist visa and wants to get a second one, at this point I will say my tourist visa is a 4 x 60 day re-entry so I have not just arrived for 60 days and yes I am just tourist (1yr in TH is not that hard to do money wise)

From reading other posts a lot of people in various situations appear to have gotten "visas" less than they thought

So to summarise, anyone know of any issues of getting a 2nd Tourist visa after one has expired, I am not looking for an idefinte stay just trying to bridge up 4 months, happy just getting a 60 day

I can stay until March and as I said I have been told y immigration to get a new visa or leave, my concern is that I see no point flying to a consulate and getting a 30 day stamp and breaking my existing visa doing that if I cant get at minimum a new 60 - if not I am just going to change my return flight details and pack up

Immigration reccomended Laos and Malaysia but I have seen lots of unfavourable responses but I think a lot of that has to do with us all being in different situations from different countries so lots of confusion in the air

I have time on my side so can wait a few weeks, but I want to be in a clear position by Dec as there would be some stuff I need to clear up and would rather be clear and move on

Hope I am making sense, I am asking a longer version of the question I wanted to send by email to

one our 2 consulates but then thought that was probably a stupid idea

Edited by Remo