Rental Property in Pattaya

champers

Within the next 12 months I intend to make a permanent move to Pattaya to enjoy my retirement. Initially,I would be looking to rent a property, preferably a one bedroom apartment with AC and a safe, fully furnished. I'm not too struck by the idea of condo living (though not ruling it out). Am I right to think that something decent could be found for about 6K Baht per month or thereabouts? I realise prices may be higher near the heart of the city, but the Naklua area; for example; would be OK for me. I would be looking to stay in a hotel or guesthouse room for 4 weeks or so whilst I look for something more permanent. Any help or advice, please, would be very welcome and much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Champers. Mods: Please keep this in the Pattaya forum for me.

Good God, 6,000 a month you would be lucky to get something in Nirun Condo which is the pits.

If that's all you can afford you would be better off working another few years or be prepared to live with Thais.

Good grief...ask a simple question on Thai Visa and get a tirade of abuse...

Simple reply is that 6,000 baht is the top end rental for locals to rent in an apartment block. Normally foreigners don't do this unless they are on a very low income ...There are security risks in such buildings for foreigners as local bad guys will think you have something they want and break in easily.

Decent Condo living can be had for around 7,000 at Rim Haad Condo in Jomtien but it will be a small studio unit. You then move on to the View Talay 1 and 2 where better accommodation starts around 9,000 and 10,000 for a studio and moves up starting around 18,000 to 25,000 for a 1 bed unit. Around 70 sqm. Some large corner studios of 60 sq mtr can be had in View Talay 2b if you are lucky one is available starting around 15,000.

"Cheap" rental of modern units start around 10,000 but you get much smaller compact living space 25 sq mtr...read this thread on modern developments to give you more of an idea.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/924147-jomtiem-condo-buying-to-live-in-park-lane-paradise-park/

Also if you are planning to spend a month looking for a place, don't rush in to taking a place do your homework, legwork, use your eyes and ears as well and check out as many Estate agents as possible.

How do I know all this.... I have lived in 5 condo complexes, 6 serviced apartments, 3 skanky guesthouses and even 1 night in the Lek Hotel in Soi 7 in Jomtien over the last 11 years and done hundreds of miles of walking around and checking out all the other places.

Initially,I would be looking to rent a property, preferably a one bedroom apartment with AC and a safe, fully furnished. I'm not too struck by the idea of condo living (though not ruling it out).

From what you write you seem to imply that there is a big difference between an apartment and a condo, and that you find the first acceptable but the second less so.

I wonder what you think this difference is?

Good grief...ask a simple question on Thai Visa and get a tirade of abuse...

Simple reply is that 6,000 baht is the top end rental for locals to rent in an apartment block. Normally foreigners don't do this unless they are on a very low income ...There are security risks in such buildings for foreigners as local bad guys will think you have something they want and break in easily.

Decent Condo living can be had for around 7,000 at Rim Haad Condo in Jomtien but it will be a small studio unit. You then move on to the View Talay 1 and 2 where better accommodation starts around 9,000 and 10,000 for a studio and moves up starting around 18,000 to 25,000 for a 1 bed unit. Around 70 sqm. Some large corner studios of 60 sq mtr can be had in View Talay 2b if you are lucky one is available starting around 15,000.

"Cheap" rental of modern units start around 10,000 but you get much smaller compact living space 25 sq mtr...read this thread on modern developments to give you more of an idea.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/924147-jomtiem-condo-buying-to-live-in-park-lane-paradise-park/

Also if you are planning to spend a month looking for a place, don't rush in to taking a place do your homework, legwork, use your eyes and ears as well and check out as many Estate agents as possible.

How do I know all this.... I have lived in 5 condo complexes, 6 serviced apartments, 3 skanky guesthouses and even 1 night in the Lek Hotel in Soi 7 in Jomtien over the last 11 years and done hundreds of miles of walking around and checking out all the other places.

There is quite a lot available from around 8000 baht. I can think of a 39 sq m. studio in South Pattaya and a 33 sq. m. modern one bedroom apartment in Phra Tamnak as a friend was looking around that price range.

Ok in all seriousness, OP set yourself a target of 12k and arrive in low season (today) and you will find a "descent" place in Jomtien (not south pattaya but not far) , possibly in a view talay building

However you said 6k and my advice is if your locked then stay home unless your living 6 k there as well..

Just for clarification: I have seen some members on here talk about a rate of 6K Baht and some for even less (as little as 3K Baht, if my memory serves me correctly). I don't want to go native and live in a Thai dominated complex and I will have a decent budget - my working life is done and I will have a comfortable pension income, plus capital from the sale of my property in the UK. In over 20 visits to Pattaya over the last 10 years I haven't paid much attention to the local property market (as many of you have probably worked out) so hence my enquiry. The replies I get will help me to gauge a more realistic figure; please do not assume that I can't afford anything above 6K Baht per month - I can. Thanks again. Champers.

Just checking a few realty websites and these came up, awfully small

premium-green.png
Condo icon-premium-agent-orange.png
26.00 Sq.M.
Nirun Grande Ville Condo is located in Central Pattaya close to Big C Extra and 2 km from the sea. On your doorstep you can find many local and international restaurants, cafe’s and dozens of street vendors to choose from. Also it is very easy to get...
1645411062574d91d32bcef.jpg
premium-green.png

Just for clarification: I have seen some members on here talk about a rate of 6K Baht and some for even less (as little as 3K Baht, if my memory serves me correctly). I don't want to go native and live in a Thai dominated complex and I will have a decent budget - my working life is done and I will have a comfortable pension income, plus capital from the sale of my property in the UK. In over 20 visits to Pattaya over the last 10 years I haven't paid much attention to the local property market (as many of you have probably worked out) so hence my enquiry. The replies I get will help me to gauge a more realistic figure; please do not assume that I can't afford anything above 6K Baht per month - I can. Thanks again. Champers.

Your posts are completely confusing. You have a good pension plenty of $$$ form property yet you haven't even used the search option here or a google one that would give a months reading material as its been done to death. All that aside just common sense and a currency converter will tell you how much 3-6k in Baht really is so either you have no idea or your grossly inflating your net worth. maybe your thinking 30-60k?

Stop being silly and tell us what your MAXIMUM budget is , in USA$ if it helps you get a grip on currency

Edited by mcfish

I know a condo in Wong Amat that is going for about 10-12,000, overground/underground parking, safe, good security, pool gym etc 48 Square Metre fully furnished.

Non smokers preferred as it stinks, sea views plenty of breeze, no need for A/C in the daytime usually.

Your posts are completely confusing. You have a good pension plenty of $$$ form property yet you haven't even used the search option here or a google one that would give a months reading material as its been done to death. All that aside just common sense and a currency converter will tell you how much 3-6k in Baht really is so either you have no idea or your grossly inflating your net worth. maybe your thinking 30-60k?

Stop being silly and tell us what your MAXIMUM budget is , in USA$ if it helps you get a grip on currency

I don't think you have read the OP's posts !

Dollars may be meaningless as he is selling in the UK and I would suggest that you need not concern yourself with the budget if he has capital and a "comfortable pension income".

The OP should, however, bottom out his living requirements, favoured areas and perhaps set his budget (if necessary) at 'under 15k pm'.

Edited by Jip99

Just checking a few realty websites and these came up, awfully small

premium-green.png
Condo icon-premium-agent-orange.png
26.00 Sq.M.
Nirun Grande Ville Condo is located in Central Pattaya close to Big C Extra and 2 km from the sea. On your doorstep you can find many local and international restaurants, cafe’s and dozens of street vendors to choose from. Also it is very easy to get...
1645411062574d91d32bcef.jpg
premium-green.png

I love agents! laugh.png .. that last condo is nowhere near Naklua. It is the wrong side of Sukhumvit and further out towards Jomtien than soi Khao Talo.

• 1 month later...