Body of missing Scottish dad Steve Balfour is found in police morgue in Thailand

webfact

RIP Steve.

This should be a lesson to ALL the foreigners who think that they are welcome to Thailand.

But my guess is that tomorrow the following foreigner is digging his grave in Thailand.

Strange conclusion.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well unfortunately if history has taught us anything, this investigation will last for years and be as sloppy as a pig in sh*t..the family of the deseased will get the run around , those involved will never see an iota of justice, and evidence will be lost or mishandled

Presuming it's foul play!!......Could be that fight with yankee boy......but did the wife order yankee boy?....

calling.........matlock...morse.......landsbury....mrs marple.....frost.....quincy.....to the front desk please!!!

If this American did hit him and knocked him out I belive in a club or golf course club then there must be CCTV. Why if it was witnessed were the police not involved or the man taken to hospital or the very least a doctor, knocked out head injury medical help?????. Has the woman in England Berwick upon tweed got or kept a copy of there chat?????. Now unfortunately found dead in a room above a club in Walking Street with a lady boy. Do we know what the divorce was about in the first place!!!! Bitter divorce could be anything. Unfortunately we will never hear the full facts of that so no one can presume this or that. Two people know the full facts one is unfortunately dead.I must have the wrong browser in phone as I don't see the writing between the lines. So maybe just maybe he was drunk got in a fight (happens)made his way to walking street to indulge himself in his choice of way, had more beer and as is stated slipped and banged his head and unfortunately died as a result.

RIP to him, however as others have said WHY a Foreign body was in a POLICE morgue and they only managed to identify after some investigation by a NEWSPAPER and the EMBASSY, what were they hoping he would disappear into the ether. No investigation done by the Police it seems at all until...........that is the problem, lck of any police action ..........no money hence no work.........so damn sad.

A different culture to Kansas.

The system works very well, in my experience, having money. You just have to learn how to play the game.

How about finding and jailing who ever was involved,

Well thats pretty obvious but its only a month old and even by western standards nailing the person within a month would be considered excellent police work however these things take time even when you know who did, you gotta prove it.

Went missing on May 24, found dead in a hotel room on May 25, and it's taken until 18/19/20 June(not clear when) to discover his body in a police morgue!

Am I missing something here?

There is a lesson to be learned from this.

Don't be a nameless person in a foreign mortuary.

Put your military dog tag on your key ring so if your wallet is stolen, you can be identified.

Or, go on line and order a dog tag.

Some even have the bottom of their foot tattooed with their Military ID number or their Social Security number.

I have a dog tag on my key ring along with copies of my docs I turned in to get my retirement extension and my major medical insurance card in my back pocket.

And, everything in moderation!

And what's all that supposed to do for you when you're dead?

one thing's looking pretty certain.......steve was adventurous and quite possibly bi-sexual.....

Why in the hell would he be bi-sexual, just because he was with a lady boy. Have a look at some of them, its easy to be tricked into believing that it is a woman, and then its too late. Wake up please .

RIP Steve.

This should be a lesson to ALL the foreigners who think that they are welcome to Thailand.

But my guess is that tomorrow the following foreigner is digging his grave in Thailand.

So you guys know already what really happened, and that there was foul play involved?

Thaivisa never stops to amaze

U think he was hugged to death. Or he laughed himself to death. Or he was unlucky and hit by lightning? Or he just peacefully died in his sleep in the red light district... Tvf is full with BS but this story is Imo exactly what you can get in the shithole, open brothel, margiland known as pattaya... Filthy people of all kind there, Thai and foreigner alike!
You need to go out some more :P Edited by Yahooka

one thing's looking pretty certain.......steve was adventurous and quite possibly bi-sexual.....

That is far from certain and how inappropriate!

I've lived here for many years and I don't know ANY single male who has NOT mistaken a ladyboy for a lady, especially after a few beers.

It is a very easy mistake to make. Anyone who says they have never been mistaken are liars.

i could have 12 beers and be on my first trip to thailand and know that is a man in a dress!.....blink.png.......go look at the picture of her/himblink.png

That is far from certain and how inappropriate!.......inappropriate???.......being found in a room whether alive or dead with a ladyboy would be seen by some

many as inappropriate......The father and family are army guys remembersmile.png

Why in the hell would he be bi-sexual, just because he was with a lady boy. Have a look at some of them, its easy to be tricked into believing that it is a woman, and then its too late. Wake up please .

No...i think you need to wake up before this happens to you(or has it already happenedgigglem.gif )

When is it too late...when the combatants' are undressed and all is reveiled...or after the mop-up towel is requiredwub.png

Why in the hell would he be bi-sexual........married to a women then found in a room with a man pretending to be a lady!!!

Or as the good PM put it a few weeks back........type2 women....

Edited by Nasrullah

Well thats pretty obvious but its only a month old and even by western standards nailing the person within a month would be considered excellent police work however these things take time even when you know who did, you gotta prove it.

Went missing on May 24, found dead in a hotel room on May 25, and it's taken until 18/19/20 June(not clear when) to discover his body in a police morgue!

Am I missing something here?

He was not reported missing at the beginning only later when he did not return to get his passport to leave the country.

Maybe then when the police was involved they must have seen the picture and said we have a John Doe in the morgue who looks similar, then his ex wife was brought in to identify his body.

So why is the tourist found dead after sex with a ladybug have to do with this story? Sounds like he was killed by his wife boyfriend then planted in the room and paid the ladybug to say he died while having sex with It. Murder plan and simple if the two stories are related. There ain't that much romping in the world where you would fall off a ladybug and hit your head.

of course it's easy to transport a body into a short time hotel room unseen on a busy night in Walking st?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by davethailand

I fit and tough looking guy like that, it is VERY hard to believe that he died from just falling over, no matter how drunk he might be.

I hope they send this poor guy back home for a proper autopsy.

My money is on there being much more to this story than we know at this point.

You don't tell people that if anything happens to you it will be your ex, then soon after turn up dead without there being a good chance of fowl play.

Will be interesting to see how this story develops. I for one will be watching for it.

cluck, cluck, cluck

Amazing how an ex-soldier can survive warzones in Iraq and Afghanistan no problem but gets knocked unconscious by a "big American" (is there any other kind?) then dies falling off a bed/ladyboy and hitting his head on the floor,TiT! whistling.gif

As the other thread is likely to be closed, I'll repeat my question.

Why couldn't the Thai police manage to match up missing person reports to dead bodies found?

There can't be that many white males found dead in Pattaya every night.

Person missing on 14 May, dead body found on 15 May. This isn't rocket science.

Maybe somebody gave the police a brown envelope to delay the news of a dead body. Wouldn't be surprised if the wife was involved.

Edited by bander

Forum full of bitter people..

Or realists.......

A sad reality is that the Thai police HATE murders of tourists.

Lot of paperwork, and it makes Thailand look bad. So if you

read the Thai news much, you will generally see some

lightning quick deduction by the police that the case is anything

BUT a murder. This case needs:

1. An autopsy, hopefully performed back in Scotland.

2. A check into his ex wife, seeing if there was any connection.

In America, that is the very first place to look. 53.8% of murder

victims are killed by someone they know.

I think this case is going to be swept under the carpet like any other cases where Thais are involved.

RIP to him, however as others have said WHY a Foreign body was in a POLICE morgue and they only managed to identify after some investigation by a NEWSPAPER and the EMBASSY, what were they hoping he would disappear into the ether. No investigation done by the Police it seems at all until...........that is the problem, lck of any police action ..........no money hence no work.........so damn sad.

But the Aussie ex cop who works part time with the RTP said that the RTP worked damned hard on the case. Was that finding or hiding him ?

I would want to know if the father, brother or uncle are cops,, or which group of cops run the bar.

What bar?

According to the newspaper report, it indicated that a source stated that the room was above Sweethearts. Now, I don't know if that is a bar or not but given the area where it's located (see picture) I'd say it was. Just saw another photo, it is a hotel/bar.

Sweethearts is a go go bar on the left hand side almost opposite to the Russian joint with the stairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The one thing that should be known is this guy had some pretty nasty friends and business acquaintances and if the police do not solve it I expect that they will."

So he had businesses in Pattaya then?
The ex-wife was a bargirl,they all have connections to the BiB especially in Pattaya this looks like a classic cover-up to me!

This is surely a sad story- A child has lost a father and a mother and father their on in very suspicious circumstances. this case needs a very thorough investigation. If the deceased was injured enough by the 'American's punch to the head and suffered a head injury- it is possible that alcohol combined with a fall in the room could be fatal. If that is the case- the so called 'American' has a lot of explaining to do. However, the statement that was made regarding the ex wife shows other possibilities that need to be investigated. It is hoped that the British Embassy will make this a priority matter and inform the police in no uncertain terms they are waiting for results.

Glad they found him and rip to the guy.

Lots of questions still unanswered but the presence of a ladyboy at the time of his death surely will funnel loads of speculation here.

Lets hope we will find out more when the coroner's report is out.

What an immense sad story and incredibly terrible way to go, being found dead in a short time room on Walking Street in Pattaya....

I may be naive but I am willing to bet that he was not the type of person to be interested in a lady boy.

First consider there was no id and no wallet. They were from what I read in his hotel room.

how was he going to pay.

Yes you are naive. If you think that and ex- military man is less inclined than anyone else to dabble with the third gender and partake in non-prescription drugs.

There's loads of people, some of them ex-military who never use a wallet. I guess you've never carried just cash in your pocket?

Sweethearts is a go go bar on the left hand side almost opposite to the Russian joint with the stairs.

Sweethearts is also a bar and guesthouse on Soi Buakhao; the scene of the non- crime.

The coroner will record death by misadventure which it truly is.

I may be naive but I am willing to bet that he was not the type of person to be interested in a lady boy.

First consider there was no id and no wallet. They were from what I read in his hotel room.

how was he going to pay.

Yes you are naive. If you think that and ex- military man is less inclined than anyone else to dabble with the third gender and partake in non-prescription drugs.

There's loads of people, some of them ex-military who never use a wallet. I guess you've never carried just cash in your pocket?

Sweethearts is also a bar and guesthouse on Soi Buakhao; the scene of the non- crime.

The coroner will record death by misadventure which it truly is.

I fail to see the connection between your post and this thread. It clearly happened on Walking Street.