4x2 ford everest announced for September 2016 (also sync 3)

KhunTao

In the Australian press, a two-wheel drive 3.2L Everest has been announced for arrival in September 2016 ...

Also, this new model will be equipped (at least in Australia) with sync 3 infotainment system, replacing the current outdated sync 2 system ...

Looks like the 4x2 3.2L model will be positioned at a 10% discount compared to the equivalent 4x4 model ... Should be lighter too, less friction lost in the transmission, therefore better fuel economy ...

I have not seen anything about this development in the Thai press. Does anyone know more ?

Edited by KhunTao

In Thailand we're expecting a 2.2L RWD Titanium+ model for around 1.6M Baht in the near future (~150K less than the 3.2L 4x4, but otherwise the same spec) There have also been some rumors of a low-spec (similar to the Australian Ambiente level) with the 2.2L engine priced around the 1.15M mark.

I don't think Ford Thai will be rushing to be equip them with SYNC3 as we had a minor change already this year - that's more likely to appear here in 2017.

Hmmmm ... I don't think Ford can delay introducing sync 3 on the Everest much further ....

Even the cheaper Focus comes with sync 3 as standard now ...

What are the advantages of Sync3 please?

Can a Sync2 system be upgraded via download?

Edited by DILLIGAD

Hmmmm ... I don't think Ford can delay introducing sync 3 on the Everest much further ....

Sync3 needs a hardware update.

Ford’s latest Sync3 connectivity adds Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, what Ford describes as “more conversational voice recognition”, a new 8.0-inch touchscreen with capacitive touch technology that allows swipe and pinch movements like a smart phone, as well as improved graphics, move intuitive operation and compatible apps such as Spotify, Pandora and Google Maps+.

It's faster too; processing power, RAM etc.

Ford should have installed the correct hardware [for Sync3] in the first place IMO so that an over-the-air update could have been implemented. Hardware tech was available a few years back even if Sync3 wasn't ready. However, I am not a car manufacturer and excuses regarding solenoids and gaskets might have a firm hand somewhere in this. thumbsup.gif

Sync3 needs a hardware update.

Ford’s latest Sync3 connectivity adds Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, what Ford describes as “more conversational voice recognition”, a new 8.0-inch touchscreen with capacitive touch technology that allows swipe and pinch movements like a smart phone, as well as improved graphics, move intuitive operation and compatible apps such as Spotify, Pandora and Google Maps+.

It's faster too; processing power, RAM etc.

Ford should have installed the correct hardware [for Sync3] in the first place IMO so that an over-the-air update could have been implemented. Hardware tech was available a few years back even if Sync3 wasn't ready. However, I am not a car manufacturer and excuses regarding solenoids and gaskets might have a firm hand somewhere in this. thumbsup.gif

There are some US/Canadian companies offering to upgrade hardware units from Sync2 to Sync3 for 2kUSD (70kTHB), showing it can be done [on certain Fords]. Not sure if the swap is good though, as in bugs, remapping and so on.

• 3 weeks later...

Ford is surely following the smartphone approach with bi-annual upgrades?! 2015 T+ without additional driver aids; 2016 with additional driver aids (yes, the price was increased due to tax but they surely knew this and so held off for that extra sweetener to sell the MY2016 T+); now they're adding Sync3 and a T+ with 4x2. All within the space of a year (or so). Outrageous!

January 2017 might see that 2.0 EcoBoost engine as an option or a velour interior with classic burl effect veneer perhaps.

Sync 3 would be nice, however. Perhaps the T+ that I ordered back in Jan will come with Sync3 as it's in the grasps of the September roll out... Doubtful though.

Ford is surely following the smartphone approach with bi-annual upgrades?! 2015 T+ without additional driver aids; 2016 with additional driver aids (yes, the price was increased due to tax but they surely knew this and so held off for that extra sweetener to sell the MY2016 T+); now they're adding Sync3 and a T+ with 4x2. All within the space of a year (or so). Outrageous!

January 2017 might see that 2.0 EcoBoost engine as an option or a velour interior with classic burl effect veneer perhaps.

Sync 3 would be nice, however. Perhaps the T+ that I ordered back in Jan will come with Sync3 as it's in the grasps of the September roll out... Doubtful though.

Every time I drive my T+ I think ...wow this is great ...push down the pedal and it leaps forward ... well almost. Doing that around town though uses a bit of fuel! And those 5-cylinders under acceleration sound quite nice ... well from inside the cab they do.

Don't worry it will be worth waiting for ....

Every time I drive my T+ I think ...wow this is great ...push down the pedal and it leaps forward ... well almost. Doing that around town though uses a bit of fuel! And those 5-cylinders under acceleration sound quite nice ... well from inside the cab they do.

Don't worry it will be worth waiting for ....

Finally! The Everest arrives - 28 weeks in total. At the dealership; picking up next week, We shall see if it has Sync 2 or 3... wink.png

• 1 month later...

What the hell???  Are you guys talking about cars or cell phones?  And what is a T+1 for crying out loud.  Must be great for keeping your eyes on the road having all those doo-dads in your seven or eight inch TV screens.

Now for some real car talk;  I drove Ford's amazing Eco-Boost cars in America last year when looking for a new car for the wife.  What Crap!  I ended up buying her a nice 2008 Escape with that beautiful normally aspirated six cylinder engine they have now sent to the junk heap.  If I were you I'd be waiting for a nice self driving car so you can spend more time with your Sync thingees.

Gotta go, my Dodge Hemi is missing me.

A Ford dealer near Nimit Mai has the 2.2 everest titanium on display. Spec states sync 3.

Lam Luk Ka Road if i remember.

Handy place as Mits, Mazda, Ford, Chevy in same plot owned by same guy.  So If you're not sure, all there in one spot.  Toyota too.

Edited by BBJ

2 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

Can that Sync  3 take a Waste  Unit underneath it.:gigglem:

You must be from the states...those guys have problems speaking 'proper english' mate...never mind how to spell it ?

1 hour ago, BBJ said:

A Ford dealer near Nimit Mai has the 2.2 everest titanium on display. Spec states sync 3.

Lam Luk Ka Road if i remember.

Handy place as Mits, Mazda, Ford, Chevy in same plot owned by same guy.  So If you're not sure, all there in one spot.  Toyota too.

We got ours from there ...he got me one last year, one of the last 3.2 MY15s. Am not impressed with them though and haven't been back.

Their service queue is massive. I use Fird VP Chaengwattana ..they seem fine and have an english speaking Tech

• 1 month later...
On Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 5:12 PM, Ace of Pop said:

Fird.?. You must be a Brit then., :cheesy:

Yes as you know ... nice one ... however it did take you a month to work out that I spelled Ford incorrectly ... the i and the o are next to each other on the keyboard...my excuse anyway ...?

Looking at the specs between the 2.2+ and 3.2+ models, besides the obviously bigger engine , I see only two other differences, which both have to do with terrain management and would be of use to a serious off-roader. There are hill-decent control and full-time four-wheel drive. All the other convenience, driver-assist, and safety kit is the same. My price list has the 3.2+ at 200k more than the 2.2+...worth it?

The Titanium + 4wd is about 40K more than the Fortuner TRD and its has a lot of features that the Toyota doesn't have, terrain management and a much better seating configuration. For me it as worth the extra money for the 4WD Everest as widespread flooding and sandy roads meant that the terrain management was a useful safety  feature.

20 minutes ago, Big Guns said:

The Titanium + 4wd is about 40K more than the Fortuner TRD and its has a lot of features that the Toyota doesn't have, terrain management and a much better seating configuration. For me it as worth the extra money for the 4WD Everest as widespread flooding and sandy roads meant that the terrain management was a useful safety  feature.

Thanks for the input. ..I could see that the terrain management system wouldmbe useful for upcountry buyers, however, 99% of my driving is done on city/highway roads and sealed rural lanes. I just wonder if the added mechanical complexity, weight, and fuel use makes up the difference. 

I'm not interested in the Fortuner as I think both the exterior and interior designs are butt-ugly (doubly so for the two tone TRD model).