Unique View Of The Moat. Not.

Greenside

I wonder about some of these developments.Common to see pre selling in major shopping centres with a model of what the project will look like.Get a glossybrochure and then compare that with the finished project,you might get a surprise.

One such project, not far from where we live, showed in the brochure a swimming pool in the centre,it never materialised.Of course justifiable as it included the classic,so common, statement "Artists impression." As Greenside sensibly suggested get a clause inserted in the contract or walk away.

I think it is actually a quite nicely designed building Shame that it will be hidden behind the shop houses, once finished.

Much better looking than the block going up by Arcade bus station.

And don't let's start on the "never buy anything in Thailand" thing again, please.

And why not when we have such a clarion example of the dangers of buying property in Thailand.

Ask the Brits, who bought before Friday how they feel about their purchases, or the Russians, who bought before the Ruble got cut in half, or the Aussies and Canadians, who lost 30% in a year.....and when your currency drops 25%; you need a 33.3% gain to be even. So a Brit, who bought before Friday, with cash...has free rent and just got a 10%+ boost in equity; instead of getting almost zero at a UK bank. Meanwhile the pensioners, just got a 10% rent increase. Who's cryin' now?

^ Um, these were sold as prime units with a view of the moat and old town, for a large sum of money. Now most units will be looking at the back-side of some shophouses. Even if you're British and bought in full in cash then you will have lost quite a bit of it if you were trying to sell.

^ Um, these were sold as prime units with a view of the moat and old town, for a large sum of money. Now most units will be looking at the back-side of some shophouses. Even if you're British and bought in full in cash then you will have lost quite a bit of it if you were trying to sell.

Can we see one ad or brochure claiming a guaranteed/protected view of the moat? Can we see one ad for a resale at a loss?

Can we see one ad or brochure claiming a guaranteed/protected view of the moat? Can we see one ad for a resale at a loss?

Guess not. smile.png (Or not from the original developer anyway)

From the pictures you do get the impression, although after completIon it would indeed have been obvious to anyone that the area immediately facing Maneenopparat Road and the moat is not included.

Brochure: (Note how the green area and little white posts/light thingies seem part of the overall property landscaping)

The-Unique-Condominium-@-Koomuang-2.jpg

Actual (pretty clear from this) :

post-64232-0-37326900-1466991596_thumb.j

So, yeah.. I guess I'd still be interested at 2.5 MB or so. But I've also seen people trying to sell at a lot higher, as in the below ad,, which they can forget about now unless maybe for the top floors.

In fairness though for someone actually buying would likely have noticed it; I definitely watch for such things.

Below seems a bit fancyful now.. owner looked for a big bag of profit, second floor, claims old city view from the second floor.

Whaddayasay.. interested? rolleyes.gif

post-64232-0-31221800-1466992515_thumb.j

(Side note: look at the living room picture.. Classic case of squeezing a 'separate bedroom' in there so it can be sold as a 1BR condominium. Which it is, just that you can barely stretch out in your living room. wink.png )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

A single storey low density retail development with the kind of services and facilities likely to appeal to those living in the building would have been a smart move. Kantary Hills managed it. Instead, they dump a couple of rows of what look like standard shophouse units, the rear of which is almost guaranteed to turn onto a semi slum in short order. If they mentioned it at all, it was probably described along the lines of Residents' Amenity Area.....

Nothing really surprises but it's depressing to see this kind of mess happen, nevertheless.

Frankly I am not sure what is so unique about the unique brand of properties in Chiangmai except they seem to be heavily overpriced in their projects

The other one they have over Meechoke is ridiculous paying a high price for a view of the highway ....I wonder how many open their balcony doors Everyday for the dust and noise spa treatment ...the price of that is also ridiculous

I like the Sansiri brand better , landscaping and everything in else in I believe the 2 properties they have now in Dcondo Sign and the recently open for sale Dcondo Nim has some of the best living environment inside a condo complex , it's well spaced out , the amenities are very well maintained and the horticulturist is amazing !!!

Especially in the Nim Condo one and the pools are seriously big and comfy to chill out and relax

Plus the exterior design is terrible. Very tacky looking. Same with the supposedly high-end boutique hotel that just opened at the moat end of Rathvithi Rd. Could it look any more ridiculous? Some high school student does the architecture design for these boondoggles I guess.

Most Thai 'architects' aren't fit to design a garden shed, let alone a dwelling.

clap2.gif

post-257548-0-32677400-1466998990_thumb.

cheesy.gif

Edited by KhonKaenKowboy

post-370-0-17367000-1467128963_thumb.jpg

post-370-0-13265000-1467128997_thumb.jpg

I do not understand why anyone wants to live in an undersized 'size 5 shoe-box'. In that living room (post #39) I cannot stretch my legs !!!!

Expensive, no view and not able to open a window coz fumes and noise.

This is my own unrestricted view from INSIDE my condo (not balcony), even on a "bad weather' day. 320 degrees around, over West, North, East, South. 100 % private and very quiet. All windows open all time.

I can see the airport , have no noise of it. I can see all 5 major shopping malls. All mountains, Doi Suthep etc.

The other pic is just a part of my living room: easily fits 2 x 3 seater sofa and 2 single seater....

Sales price is only slightly higher than the 46 sqm box and mine is 3 times larger. Well well well, am I happy.