Girl who killed nine on Bangkok freeway agrees to 138 hours more community service

webfact

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's really big of her. She's a saint this girl.

Indeed, She should meet her maker (however she conceives him/her to be) and get the credit due to her.

If only someone would arrange the meeting.

W

Edited by Winniedapu

Maybe I'm a very hard bastard but if my son or daughter was responsible for such a tragic crime I'd insist they got the full and maximum punishment for their actions !

Thank God you ain't my father. I did drunken bad things in my youth and my parents stood by me. I believe in rehabilitation. A Thai hall is not somewhere where that happens.

Insisting on full punishment for your own flesh and blood means you either don't have children or are a liar.

Really? If she were my daughter I would be keen for her to learn about responsibility and consequences. I would (of course) try to minimise her prison time and support her on exit, but I would not try to bribe anyone, nor cash in on my good name if I had one, nor make excuses for her. It seems to me that this is the proper way to bring up kids, though I suspect this one went bad a long time ago, and if someone wanted to push her off a bridge tomorrow, I would cry not a single tear.

You do the crime, you do the time. End of.

Winnie

Interesting question, having 4 kids myself.

One of my kids went off the rails a bit due to alcohol and I had to bail him out a few times. That is my job as a parent. Now he is sober 3 years through going to AA.

You say you would try to minimize prison time, so would I. That meant once paying a sum of money to minimize it to zero. Does that make me a terrible father?

Most foreigners don't understand the way the Thai society works. I have practiced, "Boon Koon" for many years and have a large network of 'friends'. It is a system that may foreigners deem unfair just because they either don't know the difference between it and the legal system in the West or they have no "power/influence". You can integrate into this society or not.

There are at least 200,000 people in this land that are untouchable. At least 50,000 in Bangkok. They are above the law and that is the way it is. Get over it and stop comparing Thailand to bloody Bolton or Boston. I've known a few Thais who buy expensive cars for their 14/15/16 y/o kids. I know two kids that killed someone while driving without a license and yes both were sent abroad to finish their studies and the families of the victims were paid off. Both parties were satisfied, seemingly. I know 3 foreigners who were involved in fatal car accidents while drunk. They all paid their way out too.

There are thousands of Na Ayutthas Thailand and they are not as influential as many here think. Add another word or two before and then they have faint touch of royalty but quite far.

This family are not super rich or what Thais call hi-so but just an average upper-middle class family who are doing what all other families would do in this situation. It's a tragic situation but to insist they got full punishment like one poster said is beyond my comprehension.

poor petal, nasty officials threatened her.

she deserves the greater public's sympathy, the little self entitled brat, personifys some of what is rotten in thai society.

I have daughters. If one of them did such a crime, I would do everything in my power to keep them out of jail and wouldn't give a toss what foreigners on a web forum thought.

Do you have any children? If so, would you not do the same?

I have a 12 year old son and NO I wouldn't do the same.

Then again it depends on how you raise your children.

My son is not some pampered brat who has everything he asks for, wants or doesn't need.

He KNOWS that there are rules that he has to obey, that there are things that he can or cannot do.

My wife and I have brought him up so far to respect other people and to keep within the rules. We generally ask him to do things rather than demand them or worse still to let him do what he wants and when he wants.

We love and care for him and he has never been brought up by servants and ignored by us.

If he were in that girls position (and I hope he never is) I would be happy for him to be punished according to the law. I doesn't mean I love him any less, because I couldn't. He is still my son no matter what he does but if he does wrong then he deserves punishment but I would still love him the same.

If you would try try get your child off then I have NO respect for you as a parent at all.

Sorry Bill your words sound nice but if it came to the crunch and the police said 200,000 baht or 10 years in Bang Kwang , I know what you would do.

We need a picture of her (no, not the one of 6 years ago, a new one!) so that we can expose her on social media a bit. She will definitely have to go overseas.

She's hardly a serial killer.

Killing NINE people doesn't make her a serial killer?

Of course she is.

Whether it was one at a time or nine, count them, NINE, actually does make her a serial killer.

That is NINE families torn apart that can NEVER be put back together.

Under age, driving illegally, without a license, kills 9, injures 5 others, but because of her last name, get's a suspended sentence and "community service". Meanwhile, 2 mushroom pickers get 10 years or so. Yeah, there's justice in Thailand, but it's spelled "Just Us", as in Just Us with the money and connections can do whatever we want. In any civilised country, she would have been tried as an adult and would be looking at YEARS, if not the rest of her life, in prison.

Absolutely disgusting!

"Yeah! And what you gunner do about it? Cause an uprising? I'll stick a tank up yer r's."

Replied our happy leader.

What is the (full) name of the lady's Father, and what his job is/was ? - I have spent some time searching Google for the answer, but I couldn't find it.

(Her Mother's name is Laddawan Thephasadin Na Ayudhya).

Perhaps someone in TV-land has better search-skills than me.

Edited by andersonat

What is the (full) name of the lady's Father, and what his job is/was ? - I have spent some time searching Google for the answer, but I couldn't find it.

Sanan Thephasadin na Ayutthaya

I remember a Thepsadin Na Ayudhaya being the chief advisor to the current Prime Minister.

Edited by Johnniey

Many thanks for the info - and do you (or anyone else) know what job the man does/did ?

The lady's extended-family are exceptionally well-connected (eg at the highest levels within the armed forces and also at the highest levels of the current government, but let's not get into *that*), but I would like to have more information about her Father's career path.

Edited by andersonat

Many thanks for the info - and do you (or anyone else) know what job the man does/did ?

The lady's extended-family are exceptionally well-connected (eg within the armed forces + current government, but let's not get into *that*), but I would like to know more information about her Father's career path.

I suggest you read the following - http://www.newmandala.org/thailand%E2%80%99s-military-perpetually-political-forever-factionalized-again-ascendant/

Finally, Gen.Wit Thephasadin na Ayutthaya (Class 11) is to be promoted to be another assistant Army Chief. [21] The promotions further clinch the ascendancy of Pre-Cadet Class 10 and 12 as well as Army Cadet School Classes 21 and 23 over Thailand’s Armed Forces. At the same time, at least until 2010 the personal supremacy of Generals Anupong and Prayuth is assured.

Edited by Johnniey

The lady's extended-family are exceptionally well-connected (eg within the armed forces + current government, but let's not get into *that*), but I would like to know more information about her Father's career path.

I suggest you read the following - http://www.newmandala.org/thailand%E2%80%99s-military-perpetually-political-forever-factionalized-again-ascendant/

Finally, Gen.Wit Thephasadin na Ayutthaya (Class 11) is to be promoted to be another assistant Army Chief. [21] The promotions further clinch the ascendancy of Pre-Cadet Class 10 and 12 as well as Army Cadet School Classes 21 and 23 over Thailand’s Armed Forces. At the same time, at least until 2010 the personal supremacy of Generals Anupong and Prayuth is assured.

- Are Khun Sanan and Khun Wit the *same* person ?

Edited by andersonat

she deserves the greater public's sympathy, the little self entitled brat, personifys some of what is rotten in thai society.

I have daughters. If one of them did such a crime, I would do everything in my power to keep them out of jail and wouldn't give a toss what foreigners on a web forum thought.

If your child was to kill a child of mine and I knew you had kept your child out of jail for the murders she had committed I would knee cap you as well as her.

I think you can guess my answer to your question from the above. But if you cant.

No if you kill people you deserve to be punished for it.

- Are Khun Sanan and Khun Wit the *same* person ?

Aw, you've scared him off now, big mouth.

If your child was to kill a child of mine and I knew you had kept your child out of jail for the murders she had committed I would knee cap you as well as her.

I think you can guess my answer to your question from the above. But if you cant.

Little guy with glasses pretending to be tough alert.

I'll bet you don't even have any children tough guy.

Finally, Gen.Wit Thephasadin na Ayutthaya (Class 11) is to be promoted to be another assistant Army Chief. [21] The promotions further clinch the ascendancy of Pre-Cadet Class 10 and 12 as well as Army Cadet School Classes 21 and 23 over Thailands Armed Forces. At the same time, at least until 2010 the personal supremacy of Generals Anupong and Prayuth is assured.

An excellent read khun Johniey, thanks.

That's translate to about 15.3 per person killed by this woman, who says life in Thailand isn't cheap,

and the message to would be killers of innocent people in the future? you can kill people by driving

uncaringly and irresponsibly all you like, the worst that can happened to you is community service.....

You forgot to add: "As long as you are rich and well connected."

I would do everything in my power to keep my daughter out of jail - because I don't think that under such circumstances jail would serve any purpose. But I would expect her to suffer an effective punishment, significant long term community service, curfews, tagging and very severe financial penalties. And a lifetime driving ban.

I would expect and want all such penalties to be rigorously enforced.

Both the farther and daughter belong in jail, she for vehicle homicide, the farther for conspiracy in that he bought the car and allowed her to drive knowing it was illegal.

We need a picture of her (no, not the one of 6 years ago, a new one!) so that we can expose her on social media a bit. She will definitely have to go overseas.

She's hardly a serial killer.

Killing NINE people doesn't make her a serial killer?

Definitely not a serial killer. If anything, massively parallel.

Little guy with glasses pretending to be tough alert.

I'll bet you don't even have any children tough guy.

Yeah and you are a mouse who believes murderers should get away with it as long as they have the right name.

I think we can tell which one of us is scum.