Girl who killed nine on Bangkok freeway agrees to 138 hours more community service

webfact

poor petal, nasty officials threatened her.

she deserves the greater public's sympathy, the little self entitled brat, personifys some of what is rotten in thai society.

I have daughters. If one of them did such a crime, I would do everything in my power to keep them out of jail and wouldn't give a toss what foreigners on a web forum thought.

Do you have any children? If so, would you not do the same?

If your child was to kill a child of mine and I knew you had kept your child out of jail for the murders she had committed I would knee cap you as well as her.

I think you can guess my answer to your question from the above. But if you cant.

No if you kill people you deserve to be punished for it.

Sawan Chan is a fine example of when chemical castration is justified, great future parents.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest you read the following - http://www.newmandala.org/thailand%E2%80%99s-military-perpetually-political-forever-factionalized-again-ascendant/

Many thanks for the info - and do you (or anyone else) know what job the man does/did ?

The lady's extended-family are exceptionally well-connected (eg within the armed forces + current government, but let's not get into *that*), but I would like to know more information about her Father's career path.

Finally, Gen.Wit Thephasadin na Ayutthaya (Class 11) is to be promoted to be another assistant Army Chief. [21] The promotions further clinch the ascendancy of Pre-Cadet Class 10 and 12 as well as Army Cadet School Classes 21 and 23 over Thailand’s Armed Forces. At the same time, at least until 2010 the personal supremacy of Generals Anupong and Prayuth is assured.

- Are Khun Sanan and Khun Wit the *same* person ?

No they are not. Sunan died a long time ago and he was responsible, I think, for the building of the National Stadium.

Wit is a current Army General and also owns an oil company. His nickname is "Noi". He was an advisor to General Prayut also, so actually this family is very up there also with links to a certain extremely influential person.

she deserves the greater public's sympathy, the little self entitled brat, personifys some of what is rotten in thai society.

I have daughters. If one of them did such a crime, I would do everything in my power to keep them out of jail and wouldn't give a toss what foreigners on a web forum thought.

So if your offspring committed murder that would be ok by you? What an awful way to raise children. The problem these days is too many people who don't give a toss about serious matters. What about the 9 innocent people who lost their lives and the grief their families are going through as a result?

This is one of the most selfish posts I've seen on this forum.

Don't be daft. Actually, I never saw that she was underage. I never, of course allowed my kids to drive when they never had a license.

The only point I was trying to make was that I, as a parent would do whatever it took to keep my children from going to jail and I would think all parents would. If my kid killed someone on the road while riving, I'd hire the best lawyer I could afford in ANY country even f it was their fault. I'd love to hear from a parent who wouldn't.

"I never, of course allowed my kids to drive when they never had a license." - Almost no Parent would.

But the lady's Parents *did* allow it - and the day of this accident would not have been the first time that she was driving.

And her Parents *do* think that she should get off scot-free (although I cannot fathom the reason why - they seem to think that the unpleasantness of being involved in the accident is sufficient punishment for her).

And as for this nonsense that it was impossible for the Police to determine whether-or-not she was using her mobile-phone at the time of the accident - a good place to start would have been the Authorities checking the exact timing of her call/text-records as recorded by her Telephone-Company.

I suggest you read the following - http://www.newmandala.org/thailand%E2%80%99s-military-perpetually-political-forever-factionalized-again-ascendant/

Many thanks for the info - and do you (or anyone else) know what job the man does/did ?

The lady's extended-family are exceptionally well-connected (eg within the armed forces + current government, but let's not get into *that*), but I would like to know more information about her Father's career path.

Finally, Gen.Wit Thephasadin na Ayutthaya (Class 11) is to be promoted to be another assistant Army Chief. [21] The promotions further clinch the ascendancy of Pre-Cadet Class 10 and 12 as well as Army Cadet School Classes 21 and 23 over Thailand’s Armed Forces. At the same time, at least until 2010 the personal supremacy of Generals Anupong and Prayuth is assured.

No they are not. Sunan died a long time ago and he was responsible, I think, for the building of the National Stadium.

Wit is a current Army General and also owns an oil company. His nickname is "Noi". He was an advisor to General Prayut also, so actually this family is very up there also with links to a certain extremely influential person.

If Khun Sanan/Sunan died a long time ago, then Johnnley would have been wrong when he said that Khun Sanan was the lady's Father (?) - If I understand you correctly, are you suggesting that it is Khun Wit who is the lady's Father ?

We need a picture of her (no, not the one of 6 years ago, a new one!) so that we can expose her on social media a bit. She will definitely have to go overseas.

She's hardly a serial killer.

Killing NINE people doesn't make her a serial killer?

Definitely not a serial killer. If anything, massively parallel.

Assuming that they all died at the same instant I agree, but if they died even seconds apart that is a serial killing.

She may praise the Lord that she did not harm any of my loved ones as she might have not survived long enough to jump the community service. Pathetic, but Karma will strike back on her.

Karma. Or a 9mm. With any luck.

W

She may praise the Lord that she did not harm any of my loved ones as she might have not survived long enough to jump the community service. Pathetic, but Karma will strike back on her.

Why is it when people move or go to Thailand they become overcome with emotion and see Karma as some almost living entity that will get people for being naughty.

The lack of rational thinking amongst your ilk is astounding.

Are you bringing up your daughters to believe without doubt that they are superior people and the lives of others are meaningless and not worth consideration or concern, I believe the word is empathy.

From Wikipedia:-

A "Serial Killer" is a person who murders at least two people, usually in service of abnormal psychological gratification, with the murders taking place over more than a month and including a significant break (ie a cooling off period) between them. The FBI defines serial killing as "a series of two or more murders, committed as separate events, usually, but not always, by one offender acting alone".

According to this definition, the lady is not a "serial killer".

Edited by andersonat

First of all: if you had any children and you let them drive, without a license at the age of 16 and a bit...you really should not have children!

And if THIS is your mind set...again, you shouldn't have children!

If Khun Sanan/Sunan died a long time ago, then Johnnley would have been wrong when he said that Khun Sanan was the lady's Father (?) - If I understand you correctly, are you suggesting that it is Khun Wit who is the lady's Father ?

I was wrong. General Wit(Noi) is the lady's father.

I was wrong. General Wit(Noi) is the lady's father.

Many thanks to the people who responded to my question.

*Now* I have a better understanding of the details of this case.

Edited by andersonat

Really? If she were my daughter I would be keen for her to learn about responsibility and consequences. I would (of course) try to minimise her prison time and support her on exit, but I would not try to bribe anyone, nor cash in on my good name if I had one, nor make excuses for her. It seems to me that this is the proper way to bring up kids, though I suspect this one went bad a long time ago, and if someone wanted to push her off a bridge tomorrow, I would cry not a single tear.

You do the crime, you do the time. End of.

Winnie

Interesting question, having 4 kids myself.

One of my kids went off the rails a bit due to alcohol and I had to bail him out a few times. That is my job as a parent. Now he is sober 3 years through going to AA.

You say you would try to minimize prison time, so would I. That meant once paying a sum of money to minimize it to zero. Does that make me a terrible father?

Most foreigners don't understand the way the Thai society works. I have practiced, "Boon Koon" for many years and have a large network of 'friends'. It is a system that may foreigners deem unfair just because they either don't know the difference between it and the legal system in the West or they have no "power/influence". You can integrate into this society or not.

There are at least 200,000 people in this land that are untouchable. At least 50,000 in Bangkok. They are above the law and that is the way it is. Get over it and stop comparing Thailand to bloody Bolton or Boston. I've known a few Thais who buy expensive cars for their 14/15/16 y/o kids. I know two kids that killed someone while driving without a license and yes both were sent abroad to finish their studies and the families of the victims were paid off. Both parties were satisfied, seemingly. I know 3 foreigners who were involved in fatal car accidents while drunk. They all paid their way out too.

There are thousands of Na Ayutthas Thailand and they are not as influential as many here think. Add another word or two before and then they have faint touch of royalty but quite far.

This family are not super rich or what Thais call hi-so but just an average upper-middle class family who are doing what all other families would do in this situation. It's a tragic situation but to insist they got full punishment like one poster said is beyond my comprehension.

Sorry my friend, but I think you are a disgrace and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Winnie

Really? If she were my daughter I would be keen for her to learn about responsibility and consequences. I would (of course) try to minimise her prison time and support her on exit, but I would not try to bribe anyone, nor cash in on my good name if I had one, nor make excuses for her. It seems to me that this is the proper way to bring up kids, though I suspect this one went bad a long time ago, and if someone wanted to push her off a bridge tomorrow, I would cry not a single tear.

Winnie

One of my kids went off the rails a bit due to alcohol and I had to bail him out a few times. That is my job as a parent. Now he is sober 3 years through going to AA.

You say you would try to minimize prison time, so would I. That meant once paying a sum of money to minimize it to zero. Does that make me a terrible father?

Most foreigners don't understand the way the Thai society works. I have practiced, "Boon Koon" for many years and have a large network of 'friends'. It is a system that may foreigners deem unfair just because they either don't know the difference between it and the legal system in the West or they have no "power/influence". You can integrate into this society or not.

There are at least 200,000 people in this land that are untouchable. At least 50,000 in Bangkok. They are above the law and that is the way it is. Get over it and stop comparing Thailand to bloody Bolton or Boston. I've known a few Thais who buy expensive cars for their 14/15/16 y/o kids. I know two kids that killed someone while driving without a license and yes both were sent abroad to finish their studies and the families of the victims were paid off. Both parties were satisfied, seemingly. I know 3 foreigners who were involved in fatal car accidents while drunk. They all paid their way out too.

There are thousands of Na Ayutthas Thailand and they are not as influential as many here think. Add another word or two before and then they have faint touch of royalty but quite far.

This family are not super rich or what Thais call hi-so but just an average upper-middle class family who are doing what all other families would do in this situation. It's a tragic situation but to insist they got full punishment like one poster said is beyond my comprehension.

Sorry my friend, but I think you are a disgrace and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Winnie

Excuse me, what on earth are you talking about? Ashamed of what exactly?

Winnie

Winnie

Ashamed of you. No. I'm not going to explain, you already did that.

W

Edited by Winniedapu

A "Serial Killer" is a person who murders at least two people, usually in service of abnormal psychological gratification, with the murders taking place over more than a month and including a significant break (ie a cooling off period) between them. The FBI defines serial killing as "a series of two or more murders, committed as separate events, usually, but not always, by one offender acting alone".

Mass murderer would be closer, but considering this was a traffic accident, I doubt that label can be applied either. Multi fatality accidents happen in this country quite often and I have yet to see that label attached.

People's rage should be at the unfair system and not the girl anyhow. What 16 year old wouldn't drive if her daddy bought her a car?

Winnie

W

You can't flame me like that without an explanation.

I meant, what exactly should I be ashamed of?

Seriously, I'd like to know what you are insulting/accusing me of.

Mass murderer would be closer, but considering this was a traffic accident, I doubt that label can be applied either. Multi fatality accidents happen in this country quite often and I have yet to see that label attached.

People's rage should be at the unfair system and not the girl anyhow. What 16 year old wouldn't drive if her daddy bought her a car?

People who knowingly exploit an unfair system are as much to blame for the consequences as the system itself and those who shaped it. These people are amaat, they have exploited the system and the Thai people for wealth, which they have used to enhance the exploitation and make it more effective.

Of course they should be held accountable. Look at the picture of Mum and daughter, then probe behind the picture. These are deeply unpleasant and cynically exploitative people. They are symbolic of everything thaat is wrong and corrupt with Thailand, and they will soon have no place in the country. I have no sympathy for them whatever.

W

Edited by Winniedapu

Johnnley,

If the lady's Father is who I/we now believe him to be, then I don't think that the family could be described as a "family [who] are not super rich or what Thais call hi-so but just an average upper-middle class family".

Tell that to the families of the 9 people she killed.

Who gives a rats arrse what the FBI definition is?

She, all on her own, KILLED 9 people. how much simpler do you want it to be explained.

She did that in Thailand, which AFAIR is nothing to do with the FBI or the USA.

Johnnley,

If the lady's Father is who I/we now believe him to be, then I don't think that the family could be described as a "family [who] are not super rich or what Thais call hi-so but just an average upper-middle class family".

Does that make any difference to the 9 people she killed or to their families?

Please do NOT try to make excuses for the parents as they bear a large responsibility for the way they brought their daughter up.

It doesn't really matter if they were super rich HiSo or just middling rich MidSo.

A lot of the problem is THEIR responsibility in exactly the way that it is responsibility of me and my wife and how we raise our son.

Winnie

W

You can't flame me like that without an explanation.

I meant, what exactly should I be ashamed of?

Seriously, I'd like to know what you are insulting/accusing me of.

I didn't flame you, I expressed an opinion politely, which I am entitled to do.

I am not going to explain why you should be ashamed my friend, either you already know or you don't. Not my job to add detail. If you're happy, then good for you. I wouldn't be, but we're not the same so comparison is moot.

Seriously, that you don't know is the problem, not my job to assist. Sorry. Anything more will have to be by PM, I'm not prepared to continue a public discussion of this kind.

W

Edited by Winniedapu

She broke her prole and should be sent to jail. Oh wait I forgot her family is rich.

So harsh, her uncle (I heard he runs the hospital could be wrong info) had to write a letter says she did 90 hours how humiliating to have to ask. She rich don't you understand she has an image to uphold?

But really I think my head will explode if I hear how spoiled this C is. 9 dead amazing

What if one of your daughter's was the driver (driving illegally) and the others were killed by her reckless driving?

Protecting one's kids is a given, but the point is here, the law is not protecting anyone by letting wrongdoers go largely unpunished because their family has perceived clout. Thailand has come on in leaps and bounds over the last 20 years or so, ECONOMICALLY, but is still third world in other areas.

What if one of your daughter's was the driver (driving illegally) and the others were killed by her reckless driving?

Protecting one's kids is a given, but the point is here, the law is not protecting anyone by letting wrongdoers go largely unpunished because their family has perceived clout. Thailand has come on in leaps and bounds over the last 20 years or so, ECONOMICALLY, but is still third world in other areas.

Agreed.

I love it when those of questionable morality line up to defend this monster.

The whole point of principles is they should not depend on who has committed the crime. That's why justice is supposed to be blind. 'One law for you, another for my daughter' just doesn't wash, and if you excuse all crimes on that basis then you are, like the perpetrator, a criminal, though perhaps one who hasn't been convicted yet. If my daughter did something like this I would be prepared to drive her to the police station myself. I'd stay there with her and make sure she didn't get knocked about - this is Thailand after all, but I would not otherwise interfere.

I would then go home and have a serious think about the way I raised her, because the fault would be equally mine for not doing a better job of teaching her some morality and how to accept responsibility for her actions and incompetence.

Anything else is just irresponsible.

W

That's called 'having principles'. Too bad many today don't have very many of them, so forget all the bragacoccio about trying to get your own daughter off but nobody else's, and grow some principles instead, they'll be of more value to you in the end.

Edited by Winniedapu