Controversial “Foreign National Information Form” arrives in Pattaya, being rolled out nationwide

webfact

The Australian government knows your bank account number, why is this any different?

I eagerly await you to post up your full name, Date of birth, Passport number and bank account details.

No different as you say so you should have no issue posting up this info for us all.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I listed the places I frequent on my application I would surely be deported from Thailand.

So I will just put that I often visit the temple in Klong Luang, Pathumthani.

List some waterfall too! They are essential in Thai society.

Do not list Nataree!

If I listed the places I frequent on my application I would surely be deported from Thailand.

Do not list Nataree!

Oh I don't know, if you have a work permit you could always tell them you went there to fit the meter. That should get them excited!☺☺

Do not list Nataree!

Oh I don't know, if you have a work permit you could always tell them you went there to fit the meter. That should get them excited!☺☺

does a Pork Permit also count ?? I have one!

Do not list Nataree!

Work permit is location specific so you may actually get arrested for working without a work permit instead !!

Well one of the joys of Thailand was its comparative freedom compared to the fascist West. It certainly has changed over the last 30 years, and little for the better.

We are still undecided where we will settle, as you have to bear in mind that I also can't think of much that has improved in my home country in the last 30 years either.

I think the whole world is moving to more government control and intrusion, seems though that many are more comfortable in the iron grip of the Nanny State.

Perhaps the days of relative freedom are now just a fond memory.

The Australian government knows your bank account number, why is this any different?

Because if you have alot of money they can put something incriminating on your facebook page and arrest you, bribe you or force you to give them your money. Work it out. Do you trust Thais with your money?

Paranoia? if we were in a perfectly democratic state with independent authorities having power of supervision on the use made of collected data, like the CNIL here in France and I guess similar entities in other western countries, also in a country where the government can be reasonably trusted to keep the data safe by themselves or by using contractors with a reputable security background then YES, it would be paranoia.

But...

You do do You? You think this global regression is about the war on terror? I guess all our ancestors at Normandy fought for nothing then. Which famous American said "those who give up freedom for security deserve Niether?"

But you're fine with that. What a boss and baller you Are!

I`m not fine with any of it. In fact I hate it. These days I feel that everything I do is being sent to a head office somewhere, my business transactions are being recorded, everything I do socially is being noted somewhere, every time I buy something that has a bar code it`s being logged into some company`s computer and that information is being passed on to god knows who, even my medical records I`m sure are accessible to certain agencies and who knows what else.

It`s to do with a multitude of reasons, terrorism prevention, controls by governments and big companies. It stinks to high heaven, but what do you suppose we can do about it in this wonderful technological age of efficiency and progress?

I misread your earlier comnent.

There are certain softwares, vpn, Tor, pgp and gpg encryption.

Civil disobedience ie. 'spoiling' but not lying on their form. And mastering the online 90 day report. They'll never get that stupid form online for decades. Lulz.

restaurants visited- khao ka moo shop next to the caltex... khao mun gai wheelbarrow....anywhere along the space outside the tetsaban, depending on who get there first.....will that be ok?

Is that next to the 7-11? That should be easy to find lol

dont know if anyone else has mentioned THIS, what about the agents that turn up with a bag full of passports.

or must they also bring bigger BROWN ENVELOPES.

and those with an elite visa,is that one of their privilages [EXCEMPT]

Reading an article in a Cambodian magazine, a minister in Thailand wants all visitors to be issued wristbands by their hotels, with passport information etc., in case they become lost and do not remember where they are staying. Next it will be ankle bracelets.

Old story from the tourism minister and shot down by PM, but makes you wonder about all the potentially extreme policies under consideration.

Wonder indeed. They might want to temporarily ban all farangs coming into the country until they figure out "what the hell is going on". laugh.png

Fascinating to see how rampant paranoia is amongst posters here.

Not surprising given the amount of marihuana that is produced and used in Thailand. Maybe those people who are so paranoid light a few once in a while (just joking)

I seen the form, had it ready when i did my 90 day reporting yesterday but was not asked for it. But the questions were not that invasive. Now if I were to bash Thais all the time id leave out that i was active on Thavisa.

dont know if anyone else has mentioned THIS, what about the agents that turn up with a bag full of passports.

or must they also bring bigger BROWN ENVELOPES.

and those with an elite visa,is that one of their privilages [EXCEMPT]

Am I the only one thinking that the Thai Elite Visa is nothing but a legalized, institutionalized version of the brown envelopes?

I've been coming to Thailand for about 12 years, never overstayed a visa, always respected the laws..

Embraced Thai culture and befriended many people all over the country. I love Thailand.

But this information form and the ongoing and increasing absurdities towards farangs by the authorities (and Thai thugs) is where I will hit the brakes and say no thanks, I'll find another place to spend my winters.

Going to the Philippines and spending more time in South Korea instead this winter.

Only hope the best for Thailand, have read the forum as a news source but I'm not a poster or regular member.

Cheers, good luck to all of you.

Because if you have alot of money they can put something incriminating on your facebook page and arrest you, bribe you or force you to give them your money. Work it out. Do you trust Thais with your money?

I really don't understand the rhetoric here about information wanted by Thai immigration because people here who want a one year extension have to give all but two of the questions to get one, if you don't give immigration the info they want you won't get one. blink.png

gdaya folks

the answer why this form in pattaya to be filled in for it is written outside the immi in soi 5 : GOOD GUYS IN , BAD GUYS OUT .

those ones who dont like it, have the great, great freedom to go home.

wbrroobaa 01

The Foreign National Information Form. The 3rd page is blank. I guess for extra comments or info. Sorry wrong order cannot edit correctly. Page numbers on the bottom. You can work it out, cheers.

The only things I would give them are: email address, Thai person guarantor and residence in Thailand. The rest are kind of N/A.

The "community leader" one is funny. First of all, there are plenty more countries than just Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia and Vietnam that have "community leaders" Thais should get out more and realize this. Secondly, apart from Laos, how would a Thai official communite with any of these other officials? Thais can't speak Vietnamese, Burmese (or any of their ethnic languages) or Khmer. Do they really expect community leaders in these countries to speak Thai or Thinglish? Obviously they've hit the nail on it's head on this question.

For fun, I would probably fill out that section too stating that in my country we have community leaders too.

Chiang Mai, Promenada confirmed today that for those that mail there 90 day reports

you can mail the Foreign National Information form with your 90 day report.

Detail:

I took a copy of the form into Prom. Immigration and asked the lady officer at the desk

about it. She said the FNI form is now required.

I told her I usually send my 90 day report in the mail. She said you can mail the FNI form in

with your 90 day report.

Archived