Controversial “Foreign National Information Form” arrives in Pattaya, being rolled out nationwide

webfact

The Australian government knows your bank account number, why is this any different?

Because if you have alot of money they can put something incriminating on your facebook page and arrest you, bribe you or force you to give them your money. Work it out. Do you trust Thais with your money?

I don't use facebook and only transfer enough to live monthly

Do I trust bangkok bank to hold money in account? yes, why wouldn't I? They've done so for 4 years without fail and the fees are better than my home bank

>90% of the information on that form is already easily available to the Thai Government via various methods, no different to a foreigner who lives in your home country. Sure says a lot about someones character if they are going to ark up about filling in this information. Sense of entitlement gone crazy... aside from the places you hang out/eat question, everything else is already documented somewhere. This is says more about the departments being too incompetent to communicate with each other effectively.. again no different to back home

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will happily provide all the information that is asked for if they agree to compensate me for not using it when there is an genuine emergency.

Sent from my HTC Desire 700 dual sim using Tapatalk

best comment so far..... i find it highly unlikely that if there actually was an emergency they would call your emergency contact anyway...

The Australian government knows your bank account number, why is this any different?

I eagerly await you to post up your full name, Date of birth, Passport number and bank account details.

No different as you say so you should have no issue posting up this info for us all.

missed the point entirely.... no surprises there

you are giving information information to a government who can already access it anyway, not some paranoid people on a forum

Damon Tyler, 3/2/1977, PA4612167, 342-8-91205-1 - enjoy

I have only one problem with this form... I don't want to give out my bank account details... that sounds very risky.

just open a 2nd account, but dont be surprised if they then pull you in to ask where all your money is.

They need the bank info and would really like your PIN # .

Don't worry. You are just giving the Thai police your personal information. Not like your handing your info to some organized criminal gang.

Why would they want the pin number when they have your full name, date of birth, passport number, picture any a myriad of other info to prove your identity.

In the grand scheme of things the pin aint really required if emptying your bank account was the desired outcome.

Perhaps someone will correct me if I am wrong, but don't those of us extending their stay and using a bank deposit method, hand the immigration officer a bank letter with the account number and balance as of the day in Immigration office. Perhaps some banks don't mention the account number?

Perhaps someone will correct me if I am wrong, but don't those of us extending their stay and using a bank deposit method, hand the immigration officer a bank letter with the account number and balance as of the day in Immigration office. Perhaps some banks don't mention the account number?

I can't speak for every bank, but for every one that I have seen you are correct

I am starting to think is form is nothing more than a determination of whether someone has something to hide or not.... and it's quite clear that many do....

Plus, I'd bet the farm that all the home countries of those opposed to this have access to the same information on their foreigners. So if they truly want Thailand to get their act together then doesn't that also mean following common worldwide procedures such as keep records of foreigners in their countries?

D

I have only one problem with this form... I don't want to give out my bank account details... that sounds very risky.

just open a 2nd account, but dont be surprised if they then pull you in to ask where all your money is.

They need the bank info and would really like your PIN # .

Don't worry. You are just giving the Thai police your personal information. Not like your handing your info to some organized criminal gang.

Why would they want the pin number when they have your full name, date of birth, passport number, picture any a myriad of other info to prove your identity.

In the grand scheme of things the pin aint really required if emptying your bank account was the desired outcome.

bangkok bank wouldn't even let my wife change my phone number on my account, now you've let your imagination go to the point where immigration is going to take all your satangs without your PIN?

Don't give them your mobile phone number!

You were supposed to have registered your cell number already. Do you suppose immigration may be able to access that list?

Mark Zuckerberg puts tape over the camera on his apple laptop. That story came out this week. The world is afraid of losing its privacy more and more these days. My educated Thai friends seem to think the Thai government is too screwed up to use tech in any competent way. Just fear itself.

One should never underestimate the capabilities of technology, even in the hands of novices.

I eagerly await you to post up your full name, Date of birth, Passport number and bank account details.

No different as you say so you should have no issue posting up this info for us all.

you are giving information information to a government who can already access it anyway, not some paranoid people on a forum

I just signed you up to playgirl.com and changed your facebook profile from male to transgender. I also hacked into your notebook and recorded your wife undressing, which I posted on youtube.

Just finished applying for a credit card in your name. Right time for some online shopping.

I can't speak for every bank, but for every one that I have seen you are correct

I am starting to think is form is nothing more than a determination of whether someone has something to hide or not.... and it's quite clear that many do....

Plus, I'd bet the farm that all the home countries of those opposed to this have access to the same information on their foreigners. So if they truly want Thailand to get their act together then doesn't that also mean following common worldwide procedures such as keep records of foreigners in their countries?

D

Yeah but unfortunately in Thailand they use the Guilty until proven Innocent theory. And many don't use the bank account method for their extensions, but use the income method.

I gave notarized copies of my bank statements to the Royal Thai consulate in Chicago for my one year retirement visa. They did not ask for the account passwords and I would not have given them. I am quite sure if you consult any bank security they would tell you giving out your name and passwords for your bank accounts leaves you liable for theft NOT THEM. It is a total breach of security. Anyone that could log-in could make "bill payments" to any person or business they choose too. I think the advice that is given to just put NA Not available Not apply is very good advice. I do hope they aren't ever going to pressure anyone to give that kind of data. Everything else seems voluntary enough. I am too old to care about photographing my lunch for facebook pals. :)

Returned to Thailand 20 June via Don Muang airport - this form not seen.

Give it time.

(What exactly did you junta lovers expect this would all lead to?)

Useless anyway.

There was never talk that you have to provide such form on entering Thailand (heaven help!).

It is for "expats" staying on a long term basis and visiting the immigration office.

...It is unclear if the form is mandatory.

In April, Chatchawan Wachirapaneekhun, deputy commissioner of the Immigration Bureau’s crime suppression unit told Khaosod English the form was not mandatory.

However, Maj Gen Chachaval Vachirapaneegul, told The Phuket News on May 18 that the form, titled “Foreign National Information Form” is mandatory.

What is clear is that some of you enjoy setting a mess:

Chatchawan Wachirapaneekhun, deputy commissioner of the Immigration Bureau’s crime suppression unit and Maj Gen Chachaval Vachirapaneegul are just one and only one person.

It's a known fact that journalists are not the best "reporters" wai2.gif

...It is unclear if the form is mandatory.

In April, Chatchawan Wachirapaneekhun, deputy commissioner of the Immigration Bureau’s crime suppression unit told Khaosod English the form was not mandatory.

However, Maj Gen Chachaval Vachirapaneegul, told The Phuket News on May 18 that the form, titled “Foreign National Information Form” is mandatory.

What is clear is that some of you enjoy setting a mess:

Chatchawan Wachirapaneekhun, deputy commissioner of the Immigration Bureau’s crime suppression unit and Maj Gen Chachaval Vachirapaneegul are just one and only one person.

It's a known fact that journalists are not the best "reporters" wai2.gif

For better understanding I include pictures of his two personalities biggrin.png

post-99794-0-70612400-1466926495_thumb.j

ชัชวาลย์ วชิรปาณีกูล (I refrain from trying to provide a third transcription following the "official" rules).

Or should I: "Chatchawan Wachirapanikun"?

There was never talk that you have to provide such form on entering Thailand (heaven help!).

I fondly remember the green thingy you had to fill on the aeroplane going to US, like "Are you a nazi war criminal?". Just as useful as the current Thai phishing stuff.

The reason why there is little unemployment in los - everyone is involved with shuffling irrelevant documents. One's value and indespensibility is assessed by the height of the documents on one's desk. Who needs a data base? We know what we're doing and you just go to the far queue

Did 90 day report two weeks ago in Phuket....no form in sight. If it is only in English how will that work for other countries nationals.

All white people speak English...duh! tongue.png

What would one say if it is in Thai only (the only official language in the country).

Be happy that it is in fairly proper English.

If you have seen some of the "English" questions of the driving licenses test you won't complain tongue.png

It's a fact that those who don't speak English (or Thai) will usually need help from fellow countrymen.

At the hotspots (Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket, Chiang Mai etc.) this should be doable.

I just signed you up to playgirl.com and changed your facebook profile from male to transgender. I also hacked into your notebook and recorded your wife undressing, which I posted on youtube.

Just finished applying for a credit card in your name. Right time for some online shopping.

Lol nice one :) be sure to get something nice for the wife too!

And wow, you got my wife to undress in my office? Some kind of fantasy I've never managed to achieve

It will take a very special hacker to access my machine

I have just returned from Jomtien Immigration after doing my 90 days, They tried to get me to fill in the Foreign Info form but I told them that I had already filled one in last week when renewing my retirement visa.'OK tell them at the 90 day desk. No problem. I then wanted to apply for a re entry visa. Again this bloody Foreign Info sheet was thrust upon me. Again I explained.OK no problem. When having my passport copied the very polite young lady told me I needed to copy the Foreign Info form. Another explanation!!

A long winded story but it seems that Immigration is serious about this form. The one I filled in the first time, I only gave my Thai address and home phone number, which they have already, and again, with no problems. I'm just wondering if we will be made to fill in this form every time we report for 90 days? It just seeme that the boys at the top are intent on making things more difficult for the foreigner and giving their staff more unnecessary work. I must say, the staff at Jomtien are very polite and helpful. For that I thank them.

Returned to Thailand 20 June via Don Muang airport - this form not seen.

First sentence: "Expats and foreigners in Pattaya are now being asked to complete the form, when they go to complete their 90 day report or extend their visas."

What is the difference between an 'Expat' and a Foreigner' ?

One means you not from here but you are working, the other just means you are not from here. Both unwelcome so not a lot really.

Your seldom right, but your wrong again. So I looked up

The definition:

"Expat is an abbreviation of Expatriate..."a person living away from his o her own country". " A Foreiger".

So you need not be working, you can be retired. So I think you added that "working" part just for the sake of having an excuse to complain. You know..."I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the fact I have to work here, so I'm different and have a right to Thai bashing" bull dust.

I worked in Australia for five years. I had a tax file number and paid tax at source (salary). I also paid tax on a secondary income, but I can't remember giving out my bank details to anyone. Why would the federal government have my bank number?

Expat/Expatriate - Someone who lives in a country not their own

Foreigner - Someone not from the country they are in

Those of us here for a long time (or basically 'live' here) are expats. Tourists and short-time business visitors (i.e. 1-2 weeks/months) would be foreigners.

Do those on Thailand Elite need to fill in and submit this form each time?

I worked in Australia for five years. I had a tax file number and paid tax at source (salary). I also paid tax on a secondary income, but I can't remember giving out my bank details to anyone. Why would the federal government have my bank number?

Tax file numbers are required for bank accounts. Lots of govt departments are linked now. I don't have to provide my accountant with bank accounts and interest earned as he has access to them through the tax department.

Did 90 day report yesterday at Udon Thani, no sign of this form, however, they have two very large signs outlining the periods of banning for over stayers. one outside, the other inside. I wonder if others have noticed how quiet it is at this office. Was in and out within 5 minutes. The number of clients at 3.00pm, 3.

Archived