Controversial “Foreign National Information Form” arrives in Pattaya, being rolled out nationwide

webfact

Did 90 day report yesterday at Udon Thani, no sign of this form, however, they have two very large signs outlining the periods of banning for over stayers. one outside, the other inside. I wonder if others have noticed how quiet it is at this office. Was in and out within 5 minutes. The number of clients at 3.00pm, 3.

Have you ever wondered if the people who would profit from a more complicated immigration process

(gigglem.gif ) try to add useless forms in hope the immigration office will think it's official and start using them?

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did 90 day report yesterday at Udon Thani, no sign of this form, however, they have two very large signs outlining the periods of banning for over stayers. one outside, the other inside. I wonder if others have noticed how quiet it is at this office. Was in and out within 5 minutes. The number of clients at 3.00pm, 3.

Have you ever wondered if the people who would profit from a more complicated immigration process

(gigglem.gif ) try to add useless forms in hope the immigration office will think it's official and start using them?

The only thing I an now wondering is what in the hell are you on about. unsure.png

The only thing I an now wondering is what in the hell are you on about. unsure.png

The OP states, "Foreign National Information Form .......being rolled out nationwide"

True or not?

The OP states, "Foreign National Information Form .......being rolled out nationwide"

True or not?

Incompetence is a National pastime.

They will get around to it, maybe.

Reading an article in a Cambodian magazine, a minister in Thailand wants all visitors to be issued wristbands by their hotels, with passport information etc., in case they become lost and do not remember where they are staying. Next it will be ankle bracelets.

Given some of the types getting lost here and suffering extensive memory loss, then maybe the latter should be mandatory and they can forget the forms. whistling.gif

True or not?

So your question is? That this is what the OP stated or that the form is being rolled out nationwide. First answer is yes that is what was written but we do not know if it's true. Second answer, No, as I'd hardly call a few immigration offices, nationwide.

online 90 day reporting, you won't have to fill in the form. just a thought, do you have to fill it in every time you do a personal visit 90 day report?.

The lady at the front desk in Jomptie, told me for my 90 days i had to fill it in only once, and for re entry you can bring a copy of the first one, but not sure they wanted it .

Just read on BBC News that the US immigration are also thinking of asking for peoples social media ID as they entet USA.

Must be the first time USA has copied anything from Thailand.

"US Customs wants to know travelers’ social media account names

The US Customs and Border Protection agency has submitted a request to the Office of Management and Budget, asking for permission to collect travelers social media account names as they enter the country."

Doing my 90 day report in person tomorrow..

I have zero problem with providing this info..

Some of the things they're asking for, was already provided back in the States, with my

visa application..

If the want to know what social media sites I use, no problem..

Where I go.. No problem..

All they want to know.. No problem!!!

Sure and I doubt that anyone else has any great problem with providing that information either. But the question is why do they want it...and what will they do with it? They are not going to garner anything of consequence from where anyone eats, shops, travels. In any event all of that information is readily available thanks to the creepy intrusive snoops from Google and PayPal and their ilk.

The irksome thing about this form, reflected in the "catch them faster" comment, is the attitude behind it: that foreigners are troublesome and need to be watched. No doubt some are but this 'one size fits all' basket is just further evidence that the welcome mat is wearing a bit thin.

It serves no useful purpose, just another piece of symbolic control freakery'. A demonstration of Thai superiority.

It's all a bit sad really.

W

did my Retirement extension, based on income, at Chaeng Wattana June 09. Even though based on income with the accompanying Sat Dec from the Oz Embassy, I always take along my Bankbook and copies thereof. Because in the past, years ago, they asked for it. So I always take along more documents than what they say I need. Public Servants are the same the world over.

Imm Officer didn't even glance at the Bankbook or copies and quickly rubber stamped the whole thing. I signed the obligatory 'I will not work' declarations and it was all over. There was no Foreign National Information Form even mentioned.

I must admit the 'demographics' have changed though, lots more Asian/Indian applicants. Also the waiting process took longer this time than any other year i have done it. Very busy.

However, yesterday I went back to CW to get a re-entry permit. They hit me with one of these forms, after I completed my application, to fill in whilst I waited for the 'stamp' and return of my passport. 'By-pass Section 1 and go straight to Section 2', the Imm Commander said. I put some basics on the form, info that they would have already had, such as my address, email, phone number. Signed it and handed it back to them when I picked up my Passport with the Re Entry stamp in it. No-one seemed to give a bugger about this form. They never even looked at it when I returned it and just tossed it on a pile of other forms.

No big deal. I reckon the Thais already know who they are after. IMHO If you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about.

Much ado about nothing.

Going in for my 90-Day tomorrow. I printed out the form from http://newscontent.thaivisa.com/2016/06/22/Foreign_National_Information.pdf

I've typed in much of the info, leaving the vehicle, places visited, social media, and bank info blank. I attached a recent photo (same used for Annual visa extension).

I saved a copy of the typed in form in my PC, so, if all goes well, it will be no problem to just print it out before each visit, if, in fact, they need a new one each time; but I see that someone said he was told it was a one-time thing. Again, I'll find out tomorrow.

I'll report on my experience.

As others have said, it really makes no sense at all. They have all of this information, except the stuff they say is "voluntary", including a photo, with my annual visa extension. Such a silly waste of everybody's time, and their money to print out, process, and store these new forms. ... Oh well. Why ask why?

Isn't just a survey/census of foreigners in LOS, to be used for demographics?

If they are organized they will put it on a chart.

If WE were organized, we could have some fun & put all kinds of info on the form that will look hilarious when they eventually print the statistics.

If WE were organized, we could have some fun & put all kinds of info on the form that will look hilarious when they eventually print the statistics.

Based upon what I think most people will be leaving blank, the results from these forms will show that most foreigners don't go out much; don't use social media; and have no bank accounts!

I made an extension of stay in Samut Prakarn three weeks ago and was not asked to fill in this form.

I did my 90 day in Samut Prakarn in Jun and had to fill it out upstairs. However the wife was down stairs collecting any new forms required for my upcoming extension and she was told that anyone on a one year extension i.e. marriage or retirement ,90 day report in down stairs and you don't have to fill out that form

Based upon what I think most people will be leaving blank, the results from these forms will show that most foreigners don't go out much; don't use social media; and have no bank accounts!

Yup

Going in for my 90-Day tomorrow. I printed out the form from http://newscontent.thaivisa.com/2016/06/22/Foreign_National_Information.pdf

I've typed in much of the info, leaving the vehicle, places visited, social media, and bank info blank. I attached a recent photo (same used for Annual visa extension).

I saved a copy of the typed in form in my PC, so, if all goes well, it will be no problem to just print it out before each visit, if, in fact, they need a new one each time; but I see that someone said he was told it was a one-time thing. Again, I'll find out tomorrow.

I'll report on my experience.

As others have said, it really makes no sense at all. They have all of this information, except the stuff they say is "voluntary", including a photo, with my annual visa extension. Such a silly waste of everybody's time, and their money to print out, process, and store these new forms. ... Oh well. Why ask why?

Following up on my earlier post, I did go for my 90-Day Report yesterday, and submitted the form, filled out as described above. The Sen.Sgt.Maj who processed it barely even looked at the form. He just put in on the stack of others on his desk. He verified that this is a one-time thing. The form will not be required for future 90-Day Reports.

Really no need to make a big deal over this. It was just a few minutes work to prepare the form at home, with all those "N/A's" and blanks I noted. If you download the PDF form from the link above, you can fill it out on your computer, print it, and you're done; without submitting any information that they don't already have.

I went to Amnat Chareon today to do my annual extension.

The Foreign National Information Form has reached their office, however, unlike many reports, the form was entirely in Thai so had to be completed by the Immigration Officer.

I was only asked for the following information.

1. Names of Mother and Father (even though deceased)

2. UK Address or last UK address.

3. Emergency Contact Details including phone number (UK or Thai)

4. Car registration Details.........N/A (not interested in the motorcycle)

5. Facebook A/c..................N/A

6. Line ID..................N/A

7. E-mail addy............I gave them a secondary address and not my main e-mail.

They didn't ask for any Bank account details, but as I use the cash in the bank method, they have the letter from the Bank and a copy of my Passbook, so the details are already supplied. Not sure if they would have asked had I been using the income method and supplying a letter from my Embassy as proof of funds.

I was actually informing of a new address at the same time so had previously downloaded and completed a TM28, TM30 and the TM7.

To my surprise the officer filled in new online forms, completely in Thai, printed them off and asked me to sign them.

He then stapled the English and Thai versions together for all 3 sets.

New instructions, because many of the forms completed in English are unreadable due to the handwriting.

Took 40 minutes to complete.

I wonder if that is why the new forms have been introduced and the Immigration officers are suppose to complete the details in Thai?

I went to Amnat Chareon today to do my annual extension.

The Foreign National Information Form has reached their office, however, unlike many reports, the form was entirely in Thai so had to be completed by the Immigration Officer.

I was only asked for the following information.

1. Names of Mother and Father (even though deceased)

2. UK Address or last UK address.

3. Emergency Contact Details including phone number (UK or Thai)

4. Car registration Details.........N/A (not interested in the motorcycle)

5. Facebook A/c..................N/A

6. Line ID..................N/A

7. E-mail addy............I gave them a secondary address and not my main e-mail.

They didn't ask for any Bank account details, but as I use the cash in the bank method, they have the letter from the Bank and a copy of my Passbook, so the details are already supplied. Not sure if they would have asked had I been using the income method and supplying a letter from my Embassy as proof of funds.

I was actually informing of a new address at the same time so had previously downloaded and completed a TM28, TM30 and the TM7.

To my surprise the officer filled in new online forms, completely in Thai, printed them off and asked me to sign them.

He then stapled the English and Thai versions together for all 3 sets.

New instructions, because many of the forms completed in English are unreadable due to the handwriting.

Took 40 minutes to complete.

I wonder if that is why the new forms have been introduced and the Immigration officers are suppose to complete the details in Thai?

You had to sign something that was written in Thai? Did you understand it (or have someone you trust translate it) ?

• 6 months later...
On 22/06/2016 at 5:39 PM, Wilsonandson said:

"Excuse me, What's your Mother's maiden name?"

No way I'm telling anyone that!

Identity Theft is rampant!

This is Thailand and it needs your money so give details please so they can scam you

Me I just said BYE and watch this space

But  I do feel sorry for those who moved here and put their trust and love for the country on the line and its to expensive to go back

Be carful guys and Ladies

paradise is changing into a nightmare

but I still love the country and all my Thai friends

PS look at Cam its not to bad and FRIENDLY

On 25/06/2016 at 6:40 PM, tails said:

I don't use facebook and only transfer enough to live monthly

Do I trust bangkok bank to hold money in account? yes, why wouldn't I? They've done so for 4 years without fail and the fees are better than my home bank

>90% of the information on that form is already easily available to the Thai Government via various methods, no different to a foreigner who lives in your home country. Sure says a lot about someones character if they are going to ark up about filling in this information. Sense of entitlement gone crazy... aside from the places you hang out/eat question, everything else is already documented somewhere. This is says more about the departments being too incompetent to communicate with each other effectively.. again no different to back home

Social media Account Id?

Just encase you said something they do not like maybe

Next year they will ask how many times you fart in a day, so they can tax you on air pollution

Thailand is bankrupt did you not know and needs money anyway it can get it so a Central banker told me yesterday

On 6/22/2016 at 5:46 PM, marcusd said:

MAKE it up? And the net time or time after when they need their quota of BAD FALLANG your form will be SPOT checked and they will deport you

IT IS AGAINST THE CRIMES ACT or something did you not read in the information? PUNISHABLE AT LAW or something????

Writing in caps is rude, learn some manners.

1 hour ago, wakeupplease said:

Social media Account Id?

Just encase you said something they do not like maybe

Next year they will ask how many times you fart in a day, so they can tax you on air pollution

Thailand is bankrupt did you not know and needs money anyway it can get it so a Central banker told me yesterday

Err- that was one of the non-compulsory fields. The basic fields concerning contact details actually made sense to the non-paranoid.

Archived