Rebellious US Democrats disrupt House, stage protest over guns

webfact

Yup, the Democrats beclowned themselves once again with this absolutely useless display of stupidity.

Once this worst president in US history is finally turffed out and Trump restores a semblance of sanity to the dialoge, we'll see an improvement in political dialog. smile.png

"I've had it with the gun grabbing Democrats and their sit-in anti 2nd amendment jihad Representative Steve King, Republican of Iowa, said in a post on Twitter. Im going to go home and buy a new gun."

Source: New York Times

My thoughts exactly.

but daily mass killings are perfectly okay. I don't think anything will change till Americans come to the conclusion King is an idiot funded by the NRA.

"I've had it with the gun grabbing Democrats and their sit-in anti 2nd amendment jihad Representative Steve King, Republican of Iowa, said in a post on Twitter. Im going to go home and buy a new gun."

My thoughts exactly.

I thought you were channeling Steve King. I was right! clap2.gif

Republicans won't allow a vote on a bill that would prohibit those on a no-fly or terrorist list from buying a gun or sub-machine gun.

Meanwhile Republicans introduced a bill to take away guns from Govt IRS CI / special agents:

IRS “CI” agents serve a niche role in law enforcement. The criminal investigators have jurisdiction over crimes such as money laundering, terrorism financing and U.S. tax-evasion schemes often done through offshore foreign accounts.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/congress/article78611982.html

Priorities?

They two are related. Gov't agencies being illegally used as political weapons against the people.

The no-fly list is an arbitrary list created in secret and without due process. It is VERY vulnerable to manipulation by the President's Justice Department and Homeland Security. Lefties love it now that a Democrat is in office. But if Trump gets in they will join the ACLU in denouncing the no-fly list as a violation of Constitutional rights.

The IRS has also been used as a political weapon against people who oppose the Obama administration. That right there is America's biggest political scandal in generations and what you can expect with Leftists in the White House. In that way they are no different than their counterparts in the USSR, China, etc.

So, yeah, take guns from the IRS. If they have a problem, they can call a cop and wait like everyone else.

IRS is the taxman yes?

Why does he need a gun?

To shoot his computer if it is a bit slow booting up?

I like the USA but I will never understand their obsession with carrying guns...

Edited by JAG

My thoughts exactly.

Bought that (one-way) ticket to Venezuela yet? There should be plenty of seating.

Edited by MaxYakov

My thoughts exactly.

Bought that (one-way) ticket to Venezuela yet? There should be plenty of seating.

??? Anyone?

My thoughts exactly.

??? Anyone?

No, not anyone. You. Apparently you missed the Ref. Post (ie click here)

Edited by MaxYakov

Yup, the Democrats beclowned themselves once again with this absolutely useless display of stupidity.

Once this worst president in US history is finally turffed out and Trump restores a semblance of sanity to the dialoge, we'll see an improvement in political dialog. smile.png

The Democrats are doing what they are supposed to be doing: Representing the people.

The Republicans might as well just paint a brown "NRA" sphincter on their tongues.

Edited by Chicog

Sit-ins can actually get a lot done. Look at the history of sit-ins, and you'll see.

When people are at a sit-in, they're thinking about the topic. They're networking, discussing the issue and possible solutions. It could even be called a think-in, because it virtually compels everyone in attendance, and everyone observing to contemplate the topic.

Americans need to take a long hard look at the easy-availability of guns in America. Do they want a violent-prone country where anyone with a gripe can grab a semi-automatic weapon and go apeshit? .......or a country which is a bit less insane?

The Democrats are doing what they are supposed to be doing: Representing the people.

The Republicans might as well just paint a brown "NRA" sphincter on their tongues.

No, there would have been a gunfight if they had actually been "representing" the people (according to several posters here).

That having been said, I think the Democrat, 60s-demonstration-throwback, vigilantes have shot themselves in the feet with this one stunt. Ironic that they identify with a so-called Democratic Party.

The day will come when most US citizens will be on the 'no fly' list or are suspected terrorist. These list are made up by functionaries and the everyday citizen has no idea how to get off a list. Do not trust the US government.

The Obama admin has already labelled returning veterans and people who support various conservative causes potential terrorists. The admin would love to put some prominent ones on the watch list as a political attack...

We're All Terrorists Now

In the very earliest days of the Obama Administration, the Department of Homeland Security produced two separate memos profiling conservatives as potential terrorist threats and circulated them to state police departments.
The first of these, dated February 20, 2009, was entitled The Modern Militia Movement, and advised state police that potential domestic terrorists could be identified by bumper stickers or activism in favor of limited government, state sovereignty, many of the amendments in the Bill of Rights, the pro-life movement, abolishing the income tax, withdrawing from the United Nations, or even the presidential candidacy of Congressman Ron Paul!

http://www.humblelibertarian.com/2011/08/were-all-terrorists-now.html

I don't know if I understand what the post above is trying to say, but domestic terrorists are sometimes returning veterans and/or the sorts men coddling rifles who comprise the NRA's most cherished members (some of whom contribute generously to NRA's coffers).

Every year we read of several shootings by military veterans. Their targets are usually other men in uniform and the incidents usually happen at military bases.

Some food for thought:

------------------------------------------------------------------

There Are Now More Bureaucrats With Guns Than U.S. Marines
Report: Non-military federal agencies spend $1.48 billion on guns and ammo since 2006
BY: Elizabeth Harrington
June 22, 2016 3:20 pm
There are now more non-military government employees who carry guns than there are U.S. Marines, according to a new report.
Open the Books, a taxpayer watchdog group, released a study Wednesday that finds domestic government agencies continue to grow their stockpiles of military-style weapons, as Democrats sat on the House floor calling for more restrictions on what guns American citizens can buy.
The “Militarization of America” report found civilian agencies spent $1.48 billion on guns, ammunition, and military-style equipment between 2006 and 2014. Examples include IRS agents with AR-15s, and EPA bureaucrats wearing camouflage.