Snake

pokoal2000

We have a snake living in our garden. I asked the Thais what it is and they are terrified of all snake and told me to kill it. I don’t really want to do that, it’s a nice about 60 cm long beige color, quite thin, with darker stripe on the top and two moon shape markings behind the head (white and black). Any idea what it is , I can’t find anything on the net. Thanks

not sure from the description, any chance you can post up a photo of it?

Bear in mind that the majority of snakes are poisonous, so if you have any pets or kids, its probably best to get rid of the snake asap.

Call your local snake farm, snake show etc, they will usually come round and take the snake away for free (if they can milk it for venom) or for a small charge if they cannot.

Bear in mind that the majority of snakes are poisonous, so if you have any pets or kids, its probably best to get rid of the snake asap.

"The majority of snakes are either non-venomous or possess venom that is not harmful to humans."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake

Anyway, a minority of them being venomous is a good enough reason to stay clear until you know exactly what you are dealing with. (and even if it turns out to be a non-venomous, stay clear if you don't know how to handle a snake - the non-venomous ones can still bite)

not sure from the description, any chance you can post up a photo of it?

Call your local snake farm, snake show etc, they will usually come round and take the snake away for free (if they can milk it for venom) or for a small charge if they cannot.

Thanks. I am not really worried about the snake, it scampers down the hole, when there is any noise and the cat stays away from it. She has more sense than me. Thai neighbor saw it and after lots of translation afford with dictionary, he told me that it is a snake. Great. I just spend hour looking at the different snakes on the net, but I still can’t identify this one. Well thank anyway

Normally cats attack snakes

chucky you would be an expert on snakes, coming from the shaky isles, where the 2 legged ones are in abundance. :o

a wise man from Australia....... :D

Actually, saw it on the docco and first had here.my cat killed a krait and then had an argie bargie with another one just the other day.last effort was a draw...snake slithered away at great haste.Not before lunging at me.A new pair of trou and a heart rate that would rival an olympic champion were the order of the day!

Normally cats attack snakes

chucky you would be an expert on snakes, coming from the shaky isles, where the 2 legged ones are in abundance. :D

a wise man from Australia....... :D

Actually, saw it on the docco and first had here.my cat killed a krait and then had an argie bargie with another one just the other day.last effort was a draw...snake slithered away at great haste.Not before lunging at me.A new pair of trou and a heart rate that would rival an olympic champion were the order of the day!

What happens when a snake bites a kiwi? :o

I find it quite strange when these guys have a potentially lethal creature living in close proximity to them, and then start saying 'it's a very nice colour, i really don't want it to be killed'. You can bet your life that snake wants you out the way given half a chance.

If i find a snake in my garden i'm straight out there with the 12 bore.

I find it quite strange when these guys have a potentially lethal creature living in close proximity to them, and then start saying 'it's a very nice colour, i really don't want it to be killed'. You can bet your life that snake wants you out the way given half a chance.

and you have one in LOS?

Rambo by name, Rambo by Nature! :o

Go Rambo! Boom!

post-11672-1163520313_thumb.jpgpost-11672-1163520337_thumb.jpgAnybody know what type of snake this is.It had a large body with quite a small head (just like an Aussie really.. :o ) It flattened (vertically,not like a Cobra) the top part of it's body behind it's head when it was miffed.It lunged at the cat and then went for the missus and mygood self. The wife was squealing like a banshee,while I stood my ground like a hero.It took all my strength to hold her in front of me. :D

post-11672-1163520313_thumb.jpgpost-11672-1163520337_thumb.jpgAnybody know what type of snake this is.It had a large body with quite a small head (just like an Aussie really.. :o ) It flattened (vertically,not like a Cobra) the top part of it's body behind it's head when it was miffed.It lunged at the cat and then went for the missus and mygood self. The wife was squealing like a banshee,while I stood my ground like a hero.It took all my strength to hold her in front of me. :D

you are my hero chucky, I admire the strength and infidelity it took to do that.

Then you come from a proud nation so it's not surprising.

post-11672-1163520313_thumb.jpgpost-11672-1163520337_thumb.jpgAnybody know what type of snake this is.It had a large body with quite a small head (just like an Aussie really.. :D ) It flattened (vertically,not like a Cobra) the top part of it's body behind it's head when it was miffed.It lunged at the cat and then went for the missus and mygood self. The wife was squealing like a banshee,while I stood my ground like a hero.It took all my strength to hold her in front of me. :D

you are my hero chucky, I admire the strength and infidelity it took to do that.

Thanks bloncs.Had a few tonight? :o

Anyway, can anybody recognise the snake?

post-11672-1163520313_thumb.jpgpost-11672-1163520337_thumb.jpgAnybody know what type of snake this is.It had a large body with quite a small head (just like an Aussie really.. :D ) It flattened (vertically,not like a Cobra) the top part of it's body behind it's head when it was miffed.It lunged at the cat and then went for the missus and mygood self. The wife was squealing like a banshee,while I stood my ground like a hero.It took all my strength to hold her in front of me. :D

Thanks bloncs.Had a few tonight? :o

Anyway, can anybody recognise the snake?

good tree shot chucky, you had a few when you took it :D

That is one evil looking snake!

I've seen quite a few snakes around my home but nothing looking quite as evil as that!!

It was an agressive little bugger,that's for sure.

bloncs is going to come round next time to hold my hand and show me how it's done. :o

europeans, specialy if educated usually try to find different solutions than just killing everything they don't understand. They do that even with the risk to get problems on their own. This might sound weired for some natural guy like you, but with time and age you may understand that.

As well there are strong movement in Asia who think the same, for example Buddhism. Of course many americans act like that (don't want to insult anyone, I just spoke for my cultur background first).

Wish you good luck....

[

europeans, specialy if educated usually try to find different solutions than just killing everything they don't understand. They do that even with the risk to get problems on their own. This might sound weired for some natural guy like you, but with time and age you may understand that.

As well there are strong movement in Asia who think the same, for example Buddhism. Of course many americans act like that (don't want to insult anyone, I just spoke for my cultur background first).

Wish you good luck....

I wish you good luck....I'll stick with my 12 bore.

What shape is it's head? ... most almost all poisonous snakes have a triangular head as opposed to a more oval shaped head.

Cobras or Kraits don't have triangular heads.

However, I have found out that it was a Radiated Rat snake

The snake is very fast if it becomes necessary to flee and shows an amazingly aggressive temperament if cornered: The front part of the body is inflated vertically, bent into a double S-shape, and lifted off the ground. With the mouth agape and short hissing sounds, it literally leaps at the aggressor who may even [be] pursued for some distance. If the snake is picked up, it often empties its bowels and bites[;] the bitten part is often chewed on for a while.

What shape is it's head? ... most almost all poisonous snakes have a triangular head as opposed to a more oval shaped head.

The snake is very fast if it becomes necessary to flee and shows an amazingly aggressive temperament if cornered: The front part of the body is inflated vertically, bent into a double S-shape, and lifted off the ground. With the mouth agape and short hissing sounds, it literally leaps at the aggressor who may even [be] pursued for some distance. If the snake is picked up, it often empties its bowels and bites[;] the bitten part is often chewed on for a while.

nothing to worry about, you get a piece of blue pipe, some wire,fold the wire and push it through the pipe, make the loop about 10 cm ,put it over the head of the snake,then pull the wire....now the snake is with his head at the end of the pipe and you can move it to a drainhole at the road and let it free....no need to kill,its a beautiful creature :o) biggest snake I catched until now was about 2.5meter long ,no problems at all :D)

Edited by fun_1024

nothing to worry about, you get a piece of blue pipe, some wire,fold the wire and push it through the pipe, make the loop about 10 cm ,put it over the head of the snake,then pull the wire....now the snake is with his head at the end of the pipe and you can move it to a drainhole at the road and let it free....no need to kill,its a beautiful creature :o) biggest snake I catched until now was about 2.5meter long ,no problems at all :D)

Thats the the most reasonable and helpfull advice, thanks.Alex