At this point, the pound has lost nearly three Bt to the GBP since yesterday. That's because it looks like Brexit.

If it is Brexit, is the pound going to get even weaker? Will it strengthen over the next few months?

I'm all for leaving, but we need a decent amount of Baht to the pound, say around 52 Bt.

What do you think?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will probably get weaker because it only got stronger because the vote was to stay.

Also the UK does not have much to offer to the world so on the long run economically they are worst off than staying in the EU and so it will probably weaken even more.

That is my opinion and I could be wrong just wait and see. The first part of my opinion is fact the second part is based on what has been said economics wise but could be wrong.

It will probably get weaker because it only got stronger because the vote was to stay.

Also the UK does not have much to offer to the world so on the long run economically they are worst off than staying in the EU and so it will probably weaken even more.

That is my opinion and I could be wrong just wait and see. The first part of my opinion is fact the second part is based on what has been said economics wise but could be wrong.

Did you notice the Euro drop as well?

I seen a marginal drop in the Euro.. not much at all. But its logical Britain looses a lot more when exiting the EU but the EU looses something (on a far smaller scale)

The difference is just the scale of the EU vs Britain, its bad for both but worse for the UK. I do hope that all trade deals are cancelled and that the EU makes it hard on the UK.

For Ireland it might mean that google leaves, and finds an other EU country to go to.

I'm all for leaving, but we need a decent amount of Baht to the pound, say around 52 Bt.

I guess you Brits still think that you're a world power clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Well it's the third strongest economy of the 28 countries in the EU.

What people seem to forget is that the UK trades with many more countries outside the EU than within the EU.

Maybe the real investors have it all wrong then, propping up the pound when it looked like it was for staying and now dumping the pound when leave is more likely.

I would say that those that trade currency for a living have a better understanding of things then most here on the forum.

I guess you Brits still think that you're a world power clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Well it's the third strongest economy of the 28 countries in the EU.

whoo hooo cheesy.gif

Its nothing compared to the EU as a whole and that is what they are loosing. I thought long and hard about the Netherlands leaving but economically it just makes no sense to leave such a great trade block.

I seen a marginal drop in the Euro.. not much at all. But its logical Britain looses a lot more when exiting the EU but the EU looses something (on a far smaller scale)

The difference is just the scale of the EU vs Britain, its bad for both but worse for the UK. I do hope that all trade deals are cancelled and that the EU makes it hard on the UK.

For Ireland it might mean that google leaves, and finds an other EU country to go to.

I wouldn't call 3.61% drop in just a few hours marginal

its still a fair rate,gbp.to bht.recovered to 50.34 9.30am.TT RATE.

That's a little out of date unfortunately ... if gbp to usd has dropped 10% so has gbp to thb...approx Edited by JAS21

It's below 50 now and just wait until London etc start trading......panic buttons.....!!! Really can't see the remain turning it around now, I was pro eu. I'm payed in sterling, hopefully things will settle eventually. I have to get used to spending a bit less, hopefully not too much less.

It's below 50 now and just wait until London etc start trading......panic buttons.....!!! Really can't see the remain turning it around now, I was pro eu. I'm payed in sterling, hopefully things will settle eventually. I have to get used to spending a bit less, hopefully not too much less.

I was talking about the Euro, the pound is waaaayyyyyy more down, and falling

Confirmed by BBC ...were out!

Whilst that my end up the result ... can you ever believe the BBC ...
Out are a million ahead with only with only 62 constituencies left to vote out of 382. So yeh I believe.
Sky News now is saying the same ...

euro also 0,75 of a baht down, the pound a lot more down maybe 4,5 baht or so bad for both sides but the Brits are hurting the most.

And at the same time gold price has increased by almost 7%, so those with Euros or Pounds who were waiting to buy gold, it's a cold shower.

A world power?? One hundred years ago Britain (I will not say great) ruled over two thirds of the world.

As a Brit myself, I am ashamed of the history of Britain over the last few centuries.

sad.png

A world power?? One hundred years ago Britain (I will not say great) ruled over two thirds of the world.

As a Brit myself, I am ashamed of the history of Britain over the last few centuries.sad.pngsad.png

Edited by possum1931

The pound is taking a beating today as it looks as if the UK is exiting the EU. People in the UK have spoken and as an American- I certainly respect their decision. MOney markets and stock markets do not like uncertainty so unfortunately the pound will go lower in the short term but as the exit issues get ironed out- it will recover.

While the British Empire does not exist- the UK is a major World country and has been the leading economic center for a long time. Frankly, it is the EU as a whole which will suffer more than the UK. Brits have faced adversity before and always seem to come through it just fine. If I had to make a guess in the long run the UK will rebound and find itself in a better position as all of its decisions will be made by the British themselves and not a shadow government sitting in Brussels.