Now that Britain has voted to leave the EU, what comes next?

webfact

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/24/brexit-deal-free-movement-exemption-seven-years

What a pity that it took a referendum and a Bexit vote for the EU to come to its senses.

This deal will be struck, of that there is no doubt.

After the 7 year period, the new status quo will continue Ad Infinitum.

Another speculative article which cites no source.

"Senior British and US sources-have confirmed That blah blah blah ..."

With this type press we understand better how the British were able to be so easily fooled by unscrupulous politicians.

We know that Brexiters think they can get the butter and money for ( the dairy woman gift ). All EU benefits without constraint. Sweet dream, but il will not.

If Europe were to accept, it immediately sign his loss. So you must wake up and stop you from believing these mirages.

NotSoHappyJoe.

I could not really care less what deal the UK comes to with the EU. I am still of the opinion that long term, the UK will be far better off out of the UK.

That speculative article is written in probably the foremost Pro EU medium in the UK. So if it is published by them, I believe that there will be a certain amount of truth to it.

Officially, there are no brexit talks taking place until Article 50 is invoked, so it stands to reason that everything at this stage will come from unnamed sources.

Anyone who believes that ongoing negotiations are not currently underway obviously still believes in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny.

I'm sure you've realized your typo already but I do think that there are large portions of the U.K. Who will only be happy when they're out of the U.K. (& I'm not talking about the Scottish here)

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who think a degree makes you intelligent it doesn't,

And the lack of a degree doesn't make you unintelligent.
Such wise words!

You're a really clever guy, Thaiwine!

And very true....

Both of you-

Nobody said a degree was a measure of intelligence. It is, or used to be, an indicator of the level of education achieved in a particular field. It is also considered an indicator of a level of general education.

As far as intelligence is concerned, our cat is more intelligent than some on here. But, I consider his education level is poor. His knowledge of 20th century European history is particularly poor.

You are a person with no real intellectual understanding of anything..Just lost in your world...Suppose that's OK, l am lost in mine, but on this subject l think you are lost..

To which subject do you refer? Tertiary education? What happens next?

Do enlighten us?

Plans to allow the United Kingdom an exemption from EU rules on freedom of movement for up to seven years while retaining access to the single market are being considered in European capitals as part of a potential deal on Brexit.

Senior British and EU sources have confirmed that despite strong initial resistance from French president François Hollande in talks with prime minister Theresa May last week, the idea of an emergency brake on the free movement of people that would go far further than the one David Cameron negotiated before the Brexit referendum is being examined.

While the plan will prove highly controversial in many member states, including France, Poland and other central and eastern European nations, the attraction is that it would limit the economic shock to the EU economy from Brexit by keeping the UK in the single market, and lessen the political damage to the European project that would result from complete divorce.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/24/brexit-deal-free-movement-exemption-seven-years

What a pity that it took a referendum and a Bexit vote for the EU to come to its senses.

This deal will be struck, of that there is no doubt.

After the 7 year period, the new status quo will continue Ad Infinitum.

Maybe you are correct or should I say optimistic. Personally I would require to see any future deal in writing,well in advance.