Juncker – “No renegotiation”

rooster59

Juncker, Tusk, and Schulz represent all that is wrong with the EU. Political fat cats

wanting nothing to do with democracy feeding at the public trough protecting there

fiefdoms and lording over the little people. All of them corrupt and 100% slimy. bah.gif

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brits frantically Googled what the E.U. is, hours after voting to leave it

It's strictly anecdotal now but I've read that lots of Brits voted for Brexit just to give Europe the middle finger and never expected Brexit to win. Now they're suffering from breakup remorse. I hope another poll gets done soon to see how the UK citizens feel about it now. Maybe a do-over referendum will follow? The UK is certainly headed for a short to medium-term recession.

If we are talking about the wishes of a referendum, I would like to see an EU-wide vote on the boarder and immigration policy. I´m sure that 60-70% of the EU population wishes to stop the uncontrolled migration of economic refugees in millions. Meanwhile almost new arrivals have no passports with them. Afghans, Pakistanis, Bangladesh, Tunisia, Moroccan, Libyan and who knows else, claiming they are Syrians.

I guess that explains the surprising referendum results at best.

Edited by tomacht8

Britain used to have the negotiation power of having 500M people behind it's back.

Now it's just 60M people, soon less than that if Scotland and Northern Ireland choose to leave the kingdom. At that time there is no Great Britain, there is only Little England.

EU should use it's 500M people power to negotiate the best possibly deal for EU. Just like it has done when deal with Algeria or other non-EU countries.

Assuming the EU isn't able to force the UK into invoking article 50 until the UK is good and ready, the EU will have far more urgent problems on its hands v quickly as the populations of other countries start demanding their own referendum.

It looks as if its going to be at least 3 months until the UK serves the necessary papers, and by then the furore will have died down and the EU politicians will have realised that trade between the UK and EU is a necessity for EU countries, as well as the UK.

All opinion of course.

"There isn't a predicted date, it depends on when article 50 is invoked - and then its 2 years later."

But it's two years minimum, then.

"I see this thread is descending into the same pattern as the other threads, for that reason I'm out."

It'd be great if we could have two threads here, with one for discussing non-contentious aspects of Brexit.

Edited by taxout

Juncker, Tusk, and Schulz represent all that is wrong with the EU. Political fat cats

wanting nothing to do with democracy feeding at the public trough protecting there

fiefdoms and lording over the little people. All of them corrupt and 100% slimy. bah.gif

Would also like to see the new honest politicians of the UK.

"honest politicans" sounds like an oxymoron.

"I suspect that overpaid, cushy jobs won't even be on the table when the EU consider areas to cut-back as a result of income (eventually) being reduced as a result of brexit."

I was referring specifically to British "workers" at the EU. I assume they won't be able to keep their jobs once they're no longer citizens of an EU state. There's going to be a lot of tears falling into those last glasses of Champagne.

i have no idea how many visas and work permits i have had to obtain around the world in 25 years. My guess is i have been to around 100 countries, most for work.

UYou know how many Visas or work permits i have had refused?

None.

That includes some obscure countries i thought would be a pain in the backside and werent. I can't see the countries of the current EU doing anything to stop anyone working or playing in their country. You have to remember when we go to these countries we are either spending money there or paying into the tax system.

The older they get, the more they voted for brexit. Younger generations wanted to stat in europe.

Now be sure that UE will sanction the British, not particularly to show their anger but to serve as an exemple and scare other countries to do the same...

That can, and i personally think will be a huge mistake and force the people of other countries into voting for an exit.

Britain used to have the negotiation power of having 500M people behind it's back.

Now it's just 60M people, soon less than that if Scotland and Northern Ireland choose to leave the kingdom. At that time there is no Great Britain, there is only Little England.

EU should use it's 500M people power to negotiate the best possibly deal for EU. Just like it has done when deal with Algeria or other non-EU countries.

Very hard when you divorce someone who has all the money and power to get

a fair deal but the Brussels bureaucracy is patently anti democratic and nothing

more than political elites stuffing there faces at the public trough. Eventually

Europe will wake up and smell the coffee. They will have lost there democracy

and freedom to control there destiny through democracy. Europe will make the

UK suffer with as much punitive terms as possible to make sure nobody else

dares leave. That said, it may be 20 years but the youth of the UK will be better

of in the long run unshackling itself from the shackles of Brussels. coffee1.gif

Edited by Ulic

[quote

It's strictly anecdotal now but I've read that lots of Brits voted for Brexit just to give Europe the middle finger and never expected Brexit to win. Now they're suffering from breakup remorse. I hope another poll gets done soon to see how the UK citizens feel about it now. Maybe a do-over referendum will follow? The UK is certainly headed for a short to medium-term recession.

total sensationalism, where do you get the facts from an American rag. There will not be another vote the people have spoken. Short term problems sure but very short termA Prime Minister resigned. The £ plummeted. The FTSE 100 lost significant ground. But then the £ rallied slightly and the FTSE closed on a weekly high: 2.4% up on last Friday, its best performance in 4 months. President Obama decided we wouldn't be at the 'back of the queue' after all and that our 'special relationship' was still strong. The French President confirmed the Le Touquet agreement would stay in place. The President of the European Commission stated Brexit negations would be 'orderly' and stressed the UK would continue to be a 'close partner' of the EU. A big bank denied reports it would shift 2,000 staff overseas. The CBI, vehemently anti-Brexit during the referendum campaign, stated British business was resilient and would adapt. Several countries outside the EU stated they wished to begin bi-lateral trade talks with the UK immediately. If this was the predicted apocalypse, well, it was a very British one. It was all over by teatime. Not a bad first day of freedom.

President Obama decided....

The French President confirmed...

The President of the European Commission stated...

A big bank denied...

The CBI, vehemently....

So now you trust them?

Before, they were slimy bureaucrats and now they are the healing charms?

Money and investment goes where the most money can be earned.

Today and in the Future.

Carl Bildt https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/06/the-big-questions-after-the-brexit-vote

While both sides have a strong interest in maintaining broadly stable and open economic relations, and close political cooperation in the years thereafter, the UK and the EU will have conflicting interests in the negotiations.

The UK will want to maintain maximum access to the single market, including and especially for services, which make up 80% of the UK economy. It does not, however, want to be obliged to admit workers from other EU countries or contribute to the EU budget, as is required of Switzerland and the members of the European Economic Area.

The EU, however, cannot accept such cherry-picking, lest it set a precedent for other EU governments that would like to comply with certain parts of the EU's rules but not others.

s

This is the meeting that Hollande and Tusk are told by Merkel that they will DO NOTHING that will impede Germany's massive export market to the UK.

Reciprocal trading or cutting off noses.

Countries in the EU stand to loose a lot if they cut of their noses. If they can afford to do that then all well and good, but I don't think so...there is a lot of money involved
We shall see over the course of time after the UK has spent long enough in the naughty corner. Juncker looks like he wants to cut off his nose, who voted for him?

no one of the public domain and even the UK MEP's/Leaders didn't, plus he was the only nominee, Ummmmm, smell a rat! Its a bit like the house of commons voting in our next PM, very democratic...not

You sound like Boris, one moment you want a divorce and the next moment you complain when the other party agrees and wants it done as quickly as possible.

Just accept you've won now please get it over with as soon as possible and we can all move on with our lives.

Brits frantically Googled what the E.U. is, hours after voting to leave it

Yes, when I woke up I thought: "OMG! What have I done?"

Then I started laughing and shouting "Yippee!"

Very remorseful.

You sound like Boris, one moment you want a divorce and the next moment you complain when the other party agrees and wants it done as quickly as possible.

Just accept you've won now please get it over with as soon as possible and we can all move on with our lives.

Why on earth would Brit. govt. want to invoke article 50 immediately?? The EU is still reeling from the shock and 'demanding' that the UK do exactly as you say - so that they can frighten other EU countries that are considering whether they should leave too.

The Brit. govt. is right (although possibly for the wrong reasons, hoping that they can re-negotiate terms and call for another referendum).

From the Brits' point of view it makes far more sense to let individual EU countries make it clear that they need exports to the UK market, and wait for things to calm down - before invoking article 50 and starting negotiations.

Edited by dick dasterdly

Why on earth would Brit. govt. want to invoke article 50 immediately?? The EU is still reeling from the shock and 'demanding' that the UK do exactly as you say - so that they can frighten other EU countries that are considering whether they should leave too.

The Brit. govt. is right (although possibly for the wrong reasons, hoping that they can re-negotiate terms and call for another referendum).

From the Brits' point of view it makes far more sense to let individual EU countries make it clear that they need exports to the UK market, and waiting for things to calm down - before invoking article 50 and starting negotiations.

Yep, totally agree, time to take a breather before moving on, and I am pretty sure is does not say how long you have to invoke article 50. I think Juncker misunderstood the British Public...we voted not to bow to his every whim...so he can wait until we are ready

Screw Juncker and the horse he rode into Brussels on.

Short memories these people have: Had it not been for the determiation and courage of the British all the bullies in Brussels would be speaking German now and because of Brexit we have probably saved them all from having to speak Arabic as well.

Yep, totally agree, time to take a breather before moving on, and I am pretty sure is does not say how long you have to invoke article 50. I think Juncker misunderstood the British Public...we voted not to bow to his every whim...so he can wait until we are ready

LOL.

UK populists: I want to leave. I want to leave!

.. vote results come and the fan is messy

EU: Fine, you voted to leave. Let's get this over with.

UK populists: I'm not ready to leave. I will leave when I ready to leave.

LOL.

Yep, if you like jumping in with both feet then fine, thinking then walking works much better

From the Brits' point of view it makes far more sense to let individual EU countries make it clear that they need exports to the UK market, and waiting for things to calm down - before invoking article 50 and starting negotiations.

So you spend all those years whinging about being in the EU and now you want to take all the time in the world. It sounds to me as if like many you are having second thoughts. Well I agree with the EU get on with it stop dithering and stop delaying. The bluff has been called and Boris looked very far from convincing when he gave that speech, that wasn't a man that had won the argument.

I can see all the financiers and industrialists being overjoyed at this uncertainty. Don't forget once we got out it was going to be all roses unencumbered by the corrupt totalitarian unelected undemocratic EU bureaucracy. Well lets go what are you waiting for I cannot wait to see it happen, lets put your plan (I assume you do have one) into action. Now Farage on the other hand couldn't stop gloating and we all know his plan, just stop all those nasty foreigners coming to the UK. His economic plan on the other hand seemed rather sketchy if I recall and consisted of saying "SO WHAT" anytime someone mentioned economics.

LOL.

Yep, if you like jumping in with both feet then fine, thinking then walking works much better

The time for thinking was before Thursday, now when the damage is done, it's just limiting the losses.

LOL.

I thought a couple of us had pointed out why it is not in the UK's interest to start negotiations immediately? How this is in the EU elites' best interest, but far from a good idea for the UK?

Please answer those points before just posting that the UK should immediately invoke article 50, bearing in mind that it would only help the EU to frighten other member countries that are considering leaving.

LOL.

I thought a couple of us had pointed out why it is not in the UK's interest to start negotiations immediately? How this is in the EU elites' best interest, but far from a good idea for the UK?

Please answer those points before just posting that the UK should immediately invoke article 50, bearing in mind that it would only help the EU to frighten other member countries that are considering leaving.

So here we are with each week costing us 350 million pounds money that is going to be spent on the NHS and you are now claiming it is not in out best interest to speed things along. This time next week 350, the week after 700 after three weeks we reach a billion however lets take out time its not in our interest to speed things along when its costing us a fortune being in the EU.

The EU are calling your bluff and despite all the guff about what it was costing us being in there now you are getting the chance to leave and save all that money oh dear there is no rush.

So you spend all those years whinging about being in the EU and now you want to take all the time in the world. It sounds to me as if like many you are having second thoughts. Well I agree with the EU get on with it stop dithering and stop delaying. The bluff has been called and Boris looked very far from convincing when he gave that speech, that wasn't a man that had won the argument.

I can see all the financiers and industrialists being overjoyed at this uncertainty. Don't forget once we got out it was going to be all roses unencumbered by the corrupt totalitarian unelected undemocratic EU bureaucracy. Well lets go what are you waiting for I cannot wait to see it happen, lets put your plan (I assume you do have one) into action. Now Farage on the other hand couldn't stop gloating and we all know his plan, just stop all those nasty foreigners coming to the UK. His economic plan on the other hand seemed rather sketchy if I recall and consisted of saying "SO WHAT" anytime someone mentioned economics.

Read the posts about why its not a good idea for the UK, albeit a v good idea for the EU - and then post again.

Its common sense from their point of view.

How are they going to stop the population of other countries demanding their own referendum? By immediately making it clear that those that leave will be dealt with v harshly. 3 months down the line (as is likely to happen unless the EU can force the UK into invoking article 50 immediately) is already too late. Other countries are already saying that they should also have a referendum.

I think differently.
In Europe, many rejoice at the the departure of England, always one foot in one foot out and refusing any democratic evolution.
Many also feel would be much better without the purely opportunistic members who think only market.
I can assure you that tomorrow the door will be wide open to hesitant. And the only ones affected by these departures will be purely beneficiary Member (Almost all the former Soviet + Greece and Spain)
At Bruxelles a country comes out with its staff (about 1000 eg for UK) which will alleviate a bit the too big machine.

Read the posts about why its not a good idea for the UK, albeit a v good idea for the EU - and then post again.

I have and you have given no reason whatsoever apart from it not being in our interest. Well I would have thought 350 million a week is a very strong incentive to get out quickly and divert that money to the NHS. Good for the EU get rid of the whingers so that they can get on with their lives. I get the impression that Plan A let along Plan B just doesn't exist.

LOL.

So here we are with each week costing us 350 million pounds money that is going to be spent on the NHS and you are now claiming it is not in out best interest to speed things along. This time next week 350, the week after 700 after three weeks we reach a billion however lets take out time its not in our interest to speed things along when its costing us a fortune being in the EU.

The EU are calling your bluff and despite all the guff about what it was costing us being in there now you are getting the chance to leave and save all that money oh dear there is no rush.

It will take a couple of years anyway - so surely better for the UK to wait until financial markets have stabilised and EU countries have pointed out that they need to export to the UK?

Rushing into negotiating benefits the EU as they're v worried that other countries will leave, and so they are desperate for headlines saying 'EU deals harshly with UK'. On the other hand, it makes sense for the UK to leave it a few months for the reasons mentioned previously.